View previous topic :: View next topic
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/02/2016 02:06
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:

1. The Godfather
2. The Godfather Part II

Knowing BEA, I highly doubt this will happen. I actually think we'll rank Part II higher, cracking in our top 10, but the original somewhere in the 11-20 range.

I have an odd feeling that Annie Hall will actually be our #1. That or Stalker.
undefined

• Posted: 02/02/2016 02:10
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Stalker.

I could definitely live with this

Imagine if we landed Hausu at the top. If anyone's gonna do it it'd be BEA
badseed

United States

• Posted: 02/02/2016 02:36
  • Post subject:
Definitely down for Stalker as a surprise #1 (I have it listed at #3 behind the Godfather on my chart as of right now and am considering it for higher placement) but assuming a lot of the charts you get are mainstream heavy I don't think it will make many lists. And there's no way Godfather Part 1 misses the top 10 unless someone recruits a bunch of people from the Criterion Collection forums to vote in this. Annie Hall? Yeah right. Crimes and Misdemeanors and Hannah and Her Sisters didn't even make the top 50 of the 80s and most people who are Woody Allen fans at all are HUGE Woody Allen fans. As for House it'll be one of those "glad to see this made it" entries between 70 and 100.
  • Visit poster's website
Satie

• Posted: 02/02/2016 03:04
  • Post subject:
i could live with Stalker winning. i would stop discussing film on BEA if Annie Hall won.
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 02/02/2016 03:10
  • Post subject:
Satie wrote:
i would stop discussing film on BEA if Annie Hall won.

....I would normally Sad to that statement, but maybe you're right. Maybe it would just say too much about us as a community of hung-up weirdos.
Annie Hall is basically the greatest comedy ever made tho; it's hard to argue with that.
Though if this is gonna be the Drake Misogyny thread 2.0, I better grab my popcorn

Last edited by Applerill on 02/02/2016 03:14; edited 2 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/02/2016 03:10
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
Not really sure who the insecure one is.

Satie wrote:

I think I found him
  • Visit poster's website
Satie

• Posted: 02/02/2016 03:17
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
I think I found him

Is there a particular reason every other post of yours is something negative about me? I'm suspecting sock puppet account or person with extreme vendetta/fixation borne of very little.
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 02/02/2016 03:21
  • Post subject:
I think our '80s list turned out pretty good, just minorly disappointed with how high certain movies were. I didn't know there were only 18 users who participated. Thus the survey wasn't very encompassing, and wasn't all movie buffs, which makes the results interesting. But like badseed says, the small arthouse films just can't compete with the popularity of mainstream favorites.

badseed wrote:
As for 70s based on how IMDb friendly our top 10s are I'll go ahead and call it:

1. The Godfather
2. The Godfather Part II
3. Star Wars
4. Apocalypse Now

And truthfully I couldn't argue. Coppola is never a name that comes up in my list of favorite directors but there's no doubt he owned the 70s and anyone who doesn't like The Godfather has some kind of genetic error. Hell I've currently got them as my top 2 and I can't find much reason to change that before submitting my list.

Coppola is one my favorite directors. Apart from the Godfathers and Apocalypse Now, he has directed other good movies. Don't forget The Conversation, Coppola's other film in the '70s. It may not be a masterpiece like his other three '70s films, but it's still pretty damn good and can hopefully make the list.

I love Annie Hall (and several Woody Allen movies for that matter) but yeah based on the '80s list, I don't see it coming in at #1. No Stardust Memories nor Purple Rose of Cairo, and the three Woody movies that did make it were all in the lower half.

Nevertheless, the '70s were an awesome decade for movies. And I'm sure our survey will reflect that. The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane, Death Wish, Wake in Fright, Midnight Express, etc. Get watchin folks.
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 02/02/2016 03:32
  • Post subject:
Satie wrote:
Is there a particular reason every other post of yours is something negative about me? I'm suspecting sock puppet account or person with extreme vendetta/fixation borne of very little.

Shit dude I've barely even posted at all in the past couple months, maybe 1 of which was even in a thread involving you (not at you).

Also if we're talking about negative posts about the views of others

Satie wrote:
  • Visit poster's website
Satie

• Posted: 02/02/2016 03:35
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
Shit dude I've barely even posted at all in the past couple months, maybe 1 of which was even in a thread involving you (not at you).

Also if we're talking about negative posts about the views of others

no, we're not talking about negative posts about the views of others. we're talking about negative posts about others directly. i just went through your posting history and literally over half of them from the past two months have been direct insults to either me or Charlie.

i'm not looking to derail further. i'm just saying that it's crystal clear you dislike me. every time i make a post, i will make a mental note that you are probably shaking your head somewhere. just stop putting in the effort to remind me every fucking time you come on BEA that i'm the worst thing to ever happen to the forum.