Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States
  • Posted: 06/22/2016 02:25
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
I know that this has been discussed in the past...but is there any way we can revisit the 8tracks possibility? I have been finding Spotify to be pretty crappy to use (imo), and I keep running into wanting to go to music that isn't there. 8tracks is so much easier to use...and I'm not sure what kind of legal issues you guys are being hesitant about.

Thanks!

edit: Also, are there links to the past SLC's beyond the first two? (and the first one, Gowi's...I can only hear 30 second previews). I haven't had time to get into these except for alel and Keith's until now.

Did you sign into Spotify? I think if you don't it only gives you 30 second previews.

What are you missing from Spotify. I've noticed sometimes their search is awesome and then other times clunky, but I've kinda learned the tricks to get what you want. Then of course there's the fact that not everything is in Spotify.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States
  • Posted: 06/22/2016 02:31
  • Post subject:
Also I might want to do a list.

I don't really have anything to offer that's unique, but here's ideas... which most interests you?

Through the Eyes of Altamont - my father went to that concert and was a bit into that hippie movement, so it'd be what music he introduced me into.

Art Music - a term my brother taught me to help better distinguish between the classical era and classical music, so this would probably be a mix around stuff I've learned from him.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 06/22/2016 02:37
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Romanelli wrote:
I know that this has been discussed in the past...but is there any way we can revisit the 8tracks possibility? I have been finding Spotify to be pretty crappy to use (imo), and I keep running into wanting to go to music that isn't there. 8tracks is so much easier to use...and I'm not sure what kind of legal issues you guys are being hesitant about.

Thanks!

edit: Also, are there links to the past SLC's beyond the first two? (and the first one, Gowi's...I can only hear 30 second previews). I haven't had time to get into these except for alel and Keith's until now.

Did you sign into Spotify? I think if you don't it only gives you 30 second previews.

What are you missing from Spotify. I've noticed sometimes their search is awesome and then other times clunky, but I've kinda learned the tricks to get what you want. Then of course there's the fact that not everything is in Spotify.

I did sign on. I have an account, but when I go to Gowi's link, I only get the previews...and I can't go anywhere else. I have to open a new tab and go to Spotify from there.

Their search is, to me, clumsy. And, yeah...I've run into quite a bit of music that's not there (but my own album IS on Spotify...I have zero recollection of ever having it added). I also don't dig that the site is so dark. I hate sites that use black backgrounds.

On 8tracks, I just add music from my collection into my library and add it to my playlist from there. Really easy. I can also use whatever cover art I want (not the Pandora station model like on Spotify), and it's really easy to change track order whenever I want. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm being overly picky here, and if you really need these done on Spotify I will make it work...but there are better options out there (IMO). And I feel that I could give you a better product on 8tracks.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States
  • Posted: 06/24/2016 04:44
  • Post subject:
I'll have to try 8tracks out.

I don't think so... I think there was a legal discussion... but honestly that seems like a big enough site...

Actually I just read this... so unless you have legal rights to the music, I don't think it technically is legal:
Quote:
7. Audio Content

7.1 Generally. 8tracks allows you to create a mix of sound recordings that have been released to the public under the authority of the copyright owners of the sound recordings (the "Audio Content") and then have that Audio Content streamed through the 8tracks Platform (the "Audio Content").You hereby represent and warrant that you have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize 8tracks to reproduce, publicly perform, and otherwise use Audio Content uploaded by you in the manner contemplated by 8tracks and these Terms. You further represent and warrant that you have taken no steps, either directly or indirectly, to intentionally defeat any technological measures implemented by 8tracks to ensure the compliance with any laws or regulations, including, but not limited to, limitations set forth in Sections 112 and 114 of the United States Copyright Act.

But that's just me...

Anybody know if Fair Use protects a 10 song compilation?
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States
  • Posted: 06/26/2016 16:58
  • Post subject:
G a v i n
Y o u ' r e
U p ! ! !
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 06/26/2016 17:16
  • Post subject:
Would still like to get links to the other SLP's if anyone can provide or put them on the OP...
  • Visit poster's website
RichardSauce
  • Posted: 06/29/2016 05:32
  • Post subject:
This looks fun. I've listened to a couple so far, hopefully I can catch up over July.

Is it too late to sign up for making my own list?
  • Visit poster's website
xMUSICSNOBx

United States
  • Posted: 07/13/2016 17:32
  • Post subject:
This sounds awesome, set me up a date. Ive got some mind blowing songs for you.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/17/2016 21:09
  • Post subject:
Since the OP has apparently abandoned his own project, here's the link to mine.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...hp?t=14690
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland
  • Posted: 07/24/2016 01:55
  • Post subject:
You know it's pretty bad forum etiquette to sling mud at a poster who put a lot of energy into a concept to revitalize the forums and then post a link to your own repeat of it. I admit I've been absent for most of June and July, but the interest did kind of teeter out once summer rolled around beyond a few users (thanks for the interest guys). If we get more than one or two people interested I could get us on rotation again, but I don't appreciate the sentiment by forum staff trying to discredit me in my own thread.
  • Visit poster's website