Tattoos

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
meruizh

Mexico

• Posted: 03/06/2014 10:29
  • Post subject:
IrishMusichead wrote:
Tattoos are disgusting. Tattoos that only last a certain time then fade away are okay for me, but I don't see why someone would want that accessory permanently on their body.

well that's one hell of a stupid argument! keep it up
Precedent

• Posted: 03/06/2014 14:19
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Funeral could be really cool actually if done well, never seen it but sure it exists.

I'm actually considering it now.

Maybe when I turn 18 or something

I never see myself not liking that album

• Posted: 03/06/2014 18:05
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
I never see myself not liking that album

It happens! Just be sure. Razz

Can I turn my entire back into an illuminated manuscript? Oh my god that would be the best thing.
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 03/06/2014 19:18
  • Post subject:
meruizh wrote:
well that's one hell of a stupid argument! keep it up

What make it a stupid argument?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/06/2014 20:10
  • Post subject:
Saoirse wrote:
I remember talking to one of my friends at work about this semi-seriously a few years ago, she suggested I get a bloody tampon on my right shoulder, I wanted a purple unicorn spearing a cheetah on the left- perhaps when I get good and drunk and romantic-feeling one of these days, Ill fulfill my goal (and..destiny?)

meruizh

Mexico

• Posted: 03/08/2014 20:01
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
What make it a stupid argument?

"Tattoos are disgusting..... I don't see why someone would want that accessory permanently on their body."

Tattoos can be cool for many people
There are many reasons why someone would want to tattoo themselves.

You can do whatever the fuck you with your body if it doen't hurt anyone else.. so if you hate something just for the fact that you hate it... MAKES IT A STUPID ARGUMENT, give me some pros and cons, and make a point
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 03/08/2014 23:58
  • Post subject:
meruizh wrote:
"Tattoos are disgusting..... I don't see why someone would want that accessory permanently on their body."

Tattoos can be cool for many people
There are many reasons why someone would want to tattoo themselves.

You can do whatever the fuck you with your body if it doen't hurt anyone else.. so if you hate something just for the fact that you hate it... MAKES IT A STUPID ARGUMENT, give me some pros and cons, and make a point

Tattoos can also be disgusting to many people. There are many reasons why someone would want to not tattoo themselves.

You do whatever the fuck you want with your body. You have every right to do it. I have every right to think you may be an idiot for doing so.

I hate tattoos because, to me, they are disgusting. They are mostly stupid symbols or pictures of things that meant something one day. The human body, to me, should not be mutilated and painted in permanent ink that the person getting the tattoo KNOWS fully well will be an ugly piece of crap in just a few years. Tattoos used to not be something that everybody had because it's cool (which is why people get them now). Tattoos are now on almost every person. They are ugly. I see women who are beautiful wearing tattoos on their legs, under their arms, on their necks, on full sleeves, and they turn me off.

I hate tattoos because I FUCKING HATE TATTOOS. Don't like that argument? Tough shit.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 03/09/2014 00:03
  • Post subject:
Why have you been so angry lately Romanelli? XD

I don't think tattoos are going to make or break the beauty of a person. If it reflects their personality than they should absolutely go for it. I think Grimes has nice tattoos. Though I am just obsessed with Grimes. XD

• Posted: 03/09/2014 00:19
  • Post subject:
A friend consider to get the bus from Into the Wild (I haven't seen the film but apparently it includes a bus) on his arm or something. He told about the idea to someone else who consequently started to lol for one minute straight
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 03/10/2014 04:43
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
Tattoos can also be disgusting to many people. There are many reasons why someone would want to not tattoo themselves.

You do whatever the fuck you want with your body. You have every right to do it. I have every right to think you may be an idiot for doing so.

I hate tattoos because, to me, they are disgusting. They are mostly stupid symbols or pictures of things that meant something one day. The human body, to me, should not be mutilated and painted in permanent ink that the person getting the tattoo KNOWS fully well will be an ugly piece of crap in just a few years. Tattoos used to not be something that everybody had because it's cool (which is why people get them now). Tattoos are now on almost every person. They are ugly. I see women who are beautiful wearing tattoos on their legs, under their arms, on their necks, on full sleeves, and they turn me off.

I hate tattoos because I FUCKING HATE TATTOOS. Don't like that argument? Tough shit.

Brooooooooooooo, chill the fuck ooooout, Jesus. All meruizh was trying to say is that it Irish was being pretty ignorant in dismissing the opinions of everyone else and stating his opinions in a way that suggested they were objective.

Now, personally, I don't see the point of harboring such a venomous attitude towards anything as superficial as a tattoo - it'd be like "fucking hating" a brand of jeans - but it seems that this not uncommon backlash against tattoos seems to stem some idea of personal purity or the human body as sacred. I mean, why else would something as banal as a picture on someone's skin be seen as "disgusting"?

I don't see how anyone can hate tattoos, but I also don't see how anyone could love tattoos. Tattoos are pictures. There are pictures you like and pictures you don't. Me? I'm inclined to like a nice looking tattoo, sure. I see tattoos as an extension of one's fashion - and there is fashion I like and fashion I don't. I understand I'm undermining the supposed sanctity tattoo lovers seem to thrust upon tattoos, but that really is all it is and there isn't anything wrong with that.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website