View previous topic :: View next topic
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 12/21/2019 12:31
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Thank you

That's ok.

I almost forgot to say that this happened on 21/12/2019 (the same day), sorry for not adding that bit.

So, the latest member ratings page on Firefox at around 11:47, 21/12/2019 in England is when it last logged me out.

I was also opening the browser at the time as well when it happened.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/21/2019 13:03
  • Post subject:
Thanks. All of this helps to identify any patterns.
  • Visit poster's website
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 12/21/2019 15:27
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Thanks. All of this helps to identify any patterns.

That's fine.

Do you want me to post something on here if it happens again with when it happened, what I was using (such as Firefox) and what page I was on?
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/21/2019 17:17
  • Post subject:
Hi, no need to post every time (if it's happening a lot), but a post now and again with some times would help, and I can check cross-check the logs to see what's happening. Also, if you can reproduce the problem on demand, please let me know the steps you take as that would help greatly as well.
  • Visit poster's website
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 12/21/2019 20:00
  • Post subject:
Hi, I've just had to log back in again.

This happened at 19:56 (England) at 21/12/2019 and I was on Firefox when this happened and I was on this page: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php

I opened Firefox as well at the time.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/21/2019 20:40
  • Post subject:
Thanks for this, adding some extra logging on the server to capture more detail.

EDIT: I can't see any errors on the server, a cookie seems to be generated with the correct values. I'm just wondering if the cookie is being deleted when Firefox is closed or perhaps the cookie expiration date is being ignored for some reason (however, I've tried in Firefox as well with no issues - I've got a vanilla install with no add-ons - but I'm not really browsing the site like a normal user, I'm just skimming over pages without doing a lot). I'm going to carry on logging everything and hopefully something happens that provides a bit more insight into what's going on. Apologies for any inconvenience in the interim.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 12/21/2019 21:23
  • Post subject:
I'm hearing reports of being kicked out of session while browsing... that never happens to me, it's always after a period of inactivity, if that helps.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/21/2019 22:06
  • Post subject:
Thank you. I think the problem has definitely improved since a couple of weeks ago. However, it does appear there's an issue in Firefox (& perhaps other browsers) with logouts seeming to occur after closing & re-opening the browser and resuming a BEA session (despite 'remember' being checked during login). I'm continuing to monitor the situation closely and hopefully find the cause (before it drives me insane Brick wall ).
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 12/21/2019 22:12
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Thank you. I think the problem has definitely improved since a couple of weeks ago. However, it does appear there's an issue in Firefox (& perhaps other browsers) with logouts seeming to occur after closing & re-opening the browser and resuming a BEA session (despite 'remember' being checked during login). I'm continuing to monitor the situation closely and hopefully find the cause (before it drives me insane Brick wall ).

Yeah no worries. For me auto-login has actual no real value to me. The site is fantastic without that feature. First world problems for sure to "have" to retype my password. I might break a sweat if I have to do it again... hehe.

Just trying to help with troubleshooting. Also, I'll leave my phone/computer window open, lock my computer/phone, then come back *hours later* and I'm logged out. Same with on my phone. I mean that's been my experience. It hasn't because I closed my browser - both with my phone/computer.

Anyway, best of luck troubleshooting and I think most people are getting along fine.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/21/2019 22:49
  • Post subject:
RoundTheBend wrote:
Yeah no worries. For me auto-login has actual no real value to me. The site is fantastic without that feature. First world problems for sure to "have" to retype my password. I might break a sweat if I have to do it again... hehe.

Just trying to help with troubleshooting. Also, I'll leave my phone/computer window open, lock my computer/phone, then come back *hours later* and I'm logged out. Same with on my phone. I mean that's been my experience. It hasn't because I closed my browser - both with my phone/computer.

Thanks, much appreciated and good to know. I'm also not too worried about re-typing my password sometimes, but I want to get everything working and put this to bed (and then get on with other parts of the site which are being held up behind this).

I think logouts should be a lot less frequent now due to a few background changes, so if this doesn't get 'fixed' 100% (and it might not with the holidays coming up, I need a break!) the situation has at least improved compared to before.
  • Visit poster's website