Down with the New World Order!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin
  • Posted: 05/09/2010 06:08
  • Post subject:
I think the real hands of power are owned by the media. In the UK, Rupert Murdoch owns most of the best selling daily print media (The Sun, The Times & News of the World), plus a satellite news channel (Sky News) where he imprints his propaganda on the masses 24 hours a day.

During elections, everybody is discouraged from making the non-Murdoch choice with ridiculous sensationalism. God forbid what would happen if there was ever a referendum on *anything* in the UK: Murdoch would get to work again and stop whatever choice goes against his own wishes.
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States
  • Posted: 05/09/2010 06:52
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
I think the real hands of power are owned by the media. In the UK, Rupert Murdoch owns most of the best selling daily print media (The Sun, The Times & News of the World), plus a satellite news channel (Sky News) where he imprints his propaganda on the masses 24 hours a day.

During elections, everybody is discouraged from making the non-Murdoch choice with ridiculous sensationalism. God forbid what would happen if there was ever a referendum on *anything* in the UK: Murdoch would get to work again and stop whatever choice goes against his own wishes.

Yeah, but the media controlling how people think isn't a conspiracy, it's just a common truth.

I'm reminded of a quote from Alan Moore: "The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless."

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin
  • Posted: 05/09/2010 09:35
  • Post subject:
I was just making the point in response to someone that was saying about the big banks. Truth is, capitalism is corrupt and anybody with money can have influence. People can label it conspiracy, but I prefer to call it reality.
  • Visit poster's website
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 05/09/2010 12:33
  • Post subject:
I think its fair to say it is generally accepted that a significant amount of the planets resources (i think 95%) are held by maybe 5% of the worlds population - I dont think this should be acceptable. So yea to some degree there is power concentrated in the hands of a few. In the monetary system those with money have power, and its those big banks which can be easily pointed at to whom make easy money and have that power. I'd also agree on those in control of the media. So whether someone says New World Order, elite, 40foot aliens or something else, its just a label for which represents the idea of this power in the hands of the minority. Hardly what i'd call paranoid mad hatter stuff.

This is a symptom of the global system and structure - the monetary system be it capitalism, communism, fashism or any other. This will eventually fail like systems before it in my opinion - i'd say Greece offers an early sign of this collapse and you dont need to look too hard at the USA debt position to realize they are facing a similar fate.
  • Visit poster's website
telefunker

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 05/09/2010 15:02
  • Post subject:
[youtube]Oh, wow. I knew you were at least SORT of a lunatic but this is some tinfoil shit right here.[/youtube]

i didn't make any definitive statement on it, merely confirmed my agnosticism. i acknowledged that there's a power monopoly in this world and said to the best of my knowledge, it may or may not be controlled by extra terrestrials. i.e - i don't know.

a confirmed ignorance doesn't constitute paranoia. if i'd have been definitive about it then i guess it would make me either a bold truthsayer or a tinfoil mad hatter, but i didn't.
maxperenchio

• Posted: 05/20/2010 04:14
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
telefunker wrote:

of course, he's gone a stage further to suggest these evil bastards are of alien origin. i don't find this particularly outlandish or absurd.

Oh, wow. I knew you were at least SORT of a lunatic but this is some tinfoil shit right here.

I had no idea these forums were full of such paranoid mad hatters.

HA! I mean, cmon, you had no idea?

But seriously, it depends on the conspiracy theory. Most people don't go as far as Icke. But can you deny, for instance, the Bilderberg group? Or any of those groups that are closed to the media, attended by the most powerful people in the world for the sole purpose of "solving global issues"? Then, what do you know, all of Obama's cabinet are members of Bilderberg or Trilateral Commission? That's not common truth, but its fucked up.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
Wumbo
  • Posted: 05/20/2010 04:49
  • Post subject:
I don't really understand conspiracy theorists. The world is pretty horrible and people admit to doing pretty horrible things without making up some vague possibility that something less terrifying but unknown to the general public is happening.

Oh no, our country might not really be a democracy? What about what we already know: the people who get involved in politics can only do so because they have money, and therefore the represent people with money (rather than the actually majority) so our choice is always limited to 'which rich guy?'

No need to make stuff up. Plenty of real problems to worry about.
  • Visit poster's website
maxperenchio

• Posted: 05/20/2010 05:16
  • Post subject:
Well the phrase "conspiracy theory" is used largely in the pejorative sense. No one wants to be considered a "conspiracy theorist".

There have been many conspiracy theories that turned out to be completely true... MKULTRA comes to mind. Not to mention all of the enormous operations that the government kept completely secret for years. The Manhattan Project, development of various spy planes, all had hundreds if not thousands of people involved, all kept secret. We should always have a fundamental distrust and skeptic eye on the government.

Don't hate on your "batty" brothers! They're just looking out for you!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 05/20/2010 09:44
  • Post subject:
The close minded characters are usually the first to die in movies with outlandish storylines..
  • Visit poster's website
Wumbo
  • Posted: 05/20/2010 15:36
  • Post subject:
maxperenchio wrote:
Well the phrase "conspiracy theory" is used largely in the pejorative sense. No one wants to be considered a "conspiracy theorist".

There have been many conspiracy theories that turned out to be completely true... MKULTRA comes to mind. Not to mention all of the enormous operations that the government kept completely secret for years. The Manhattan Project, development of various spy planes, all had hundreds if not thousands of people involved, all kept secret. We should always have a fundamental distrust and skeptic eye on the government.

Don't hate on your "batty" brothers! They're just looking out for you!

Oh, I'm aware of propaganda. That's been a part of every government for ages. But that's a problem we know about, not one we have to guess. I'm just saying it'd be more interesting and productive to think of solutions for problems that do exist, than to theorise every possible plot that could be possible. Especially when they're made extremely unlikely by basic Game Theory.

I think every conspiracy theorist/enthusiast should take a course in global politics. Not because it'll refute all conspiracy theories, but just because it will get you up to speed and make them look trivial compared to the issues we actually face as a society today (which if I recall most conspiracy theories, is something they try to deny, and say that we've been fooled into being obedient in fear of these issues; a very non-productive attitude).
  • Visit poster's website