Albums that would be so much better with one song taken off

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 05/31/2014 23:41
  • Post subject:
Take the reprise of "Say Something" off of "Is There Anybody Out There?" and you've got an album that actually flows and works.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
AgainstMeAgainstYou

Canada

• Posted: 06/01/2014 00:14
  • Post subject:
I would really be okay with Mellon Collie if you took only "Tales of a Scorched Earth" off. I do have issues with a couple of other tracks on Disc Two (X.Y.U. is the main one that comes to mind), but I can tolerate them and, when all is said and done, I am forced to admit that, in the context of the album as a whole, they're pretty much necessary. I consider ToaSE the worst thing on all of the pre-Machina albums. I really like Daydream... please don't kill me...

Also, I really like Mylo Xyloto, but Princess of China is an absolutely terrible song. Worst Coldplay song ever, probably. I think one of the interludes segues into it, though, so you'd have to take it off as well.

To the person who said Fitter Happier, I completely get where you're coming from, but the entire message of the album is contained on that track. It's the "worst" thing on that album... but it's also the most important thing. Well, that's not entirely true. All twelve songs are vital to the success of OK Computer as a whole. I've often said that OK Computer is the definition of the perfect album; that depends entirely on how brilliantly the songs link into one another thematically and musically, and how, by removing any one of the songs, the other eleven songs feel empty.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2014 19:23
  • Post subject:
Goo Goo Dolls, A Boy Named Goo. This is an outstanding album for the first twelve tracks, and then there's that final one, Slave Girl. This is not only a weak closing track; it's just an outright terrible song. When you're listening to a great album, you love it even more when you get that sweet, grandiose closing track. But A Boy Name Goo, unfortunately, leaves you off with a disappointing stinker, the only bad song on that whole album. Slave Girl is terrible; The album would have been just fine had it ended on Disconnected.
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2014 22:08
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:
Goo Goo Dolls, A Boy Named Goo. This is an outstanding album for the first twelve tracks, and then there's that final one, Slave Girl. This is not only a weak closing track; it's just an outright terrible song. When you're listening to a great album, you love it even more when you get that sweet, grandiose closing track. But A Boy Name Goo, unfortunately, leaves you off with a disappointing stinker, the only bad song on that whole album. Slave Girl is terrible; The album would have been just fine had it ended on Disconnected.

I honestly don't think it's that bad, but in comparisson, it totally is, you're entirely right, it'd probably be top 50 on my chart if not for that ending

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website