View previous topic :: View next topic
Precedent

• Posted: 04/24/2014 13:22
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
"this is good"

I've been working on this!
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 04/24/2014 13:23
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
I've been working on this!

Great reply!

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Precedent

• Posted: 04/24/2014 13:26
  • Post subject:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Great reply!

I should say this, at first, those comments were more/less for keeping me busy with something, now I realize that that was rather selfish.

Every time I revisit an album and I see that those comments are mine, I change if them if possible.
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 04/24/2014 13:27
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
I should say this, at first, those comments were more/less for keeping me busy with something, now I realize that that was rather selfish.

Every time I revisit an album and I see that those comments are mine, I change if them if possible.

I'm just joking with you, I know you did it for something to do/for the points. And you don't do it anymore, which is good.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
NickVolos
Segnahc Reve4

Location: Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Greece

• Posted: 04/24/2014 15:45
  • Post subject:
drakonium wrote:
...I still never read NickVolos' Allmusic and Progarchives quotes, though Laughing I much prefer when he's talking about the albums in his own words.

He-he. Smile ...and I thought all along that you were reading them... Laughing But seriously now, I'd rather reference a review of an album (when in agreement with it) than re-inventing the wheel....what more can I say about Forever Changes or The Dark Side of the Moon, or ... than what has already been almost universally stated? Or why the f@@k does anyone care how I personally feel about it? I'd rather have a 3rd party, more trustworthy than NickVolos, speak on my behalf. Anyway, some deep thoughts eh? Razz
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Visit poster's website
WindowAbove

United States

• Posted: 04/24/2014 15:48
  • Post subject:
Making threads like these will just keep the lounge closed for longer. The music forum seems to already be turning into a lounge memorial, and a poor one at that.
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 04/24/2014 16:51
  • Post subject:
Music discussion is very seldom done well anywhere, but in its good moments, BEA does it better than just about anywhere else on the web.

I see music appreciation as a study in character -- we learn to love certain types of music from our friends not just because they expose us to it, but they show us how to love it. This is why, for example, lethalnezzle is one of the most valuable members on the forums. He may not be the only forum member who likes R&B and hip hop, but he is by far the most expressive about it. Even if I don't always connect with him directly, I still learn from his passion. Similarly with Norman, mecca, and many others who go out of their way to give a detailed expression of their love for music.

However, it's hard to get a full picture of a person's character when you're only talking about music. It has been a week. IMO, it's time for the lounge to reopen.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 04/24/2014 23:58
  • Post subject:
NickVolos wrote:
He-he. Smile ...and I thought all along that you were reading them... Laughing But seriously now, I'd rather reference a review of an album (when in agreement with it) than re-inventing the wheel....what more can I say about Forever Changes or The Dark Side of the Moon, or ... than what has already been almost universally stated? Or why the f@@k does anyone care how I personally feel about it? I'd rather have a 3rd party, more trustworthy than NickVolos, speak on my behalf. Anyway, some deep thoughts eh? Razz

To put it quite simply, I care! More than I care about some silly magazine or a professional, I feel like I know your tastes based on your charts and some of what you talk about here, and I'm interested t see what YOU have to say about it. That's what makes Brandon and Antonio and some people's charts so interesting to me, largely, is the notes.

WindowAbove wrote:
Making threads like these will just keep the lounge closed for longer. The music forum seems to already be turning into a lounge memorial, and a poor one at that.

Also this. The issue of the lounge has become much like the issue of shirtless women - men want it to be societal acceptable so that they can stare at breasts, but if they want it to be socially acceptable, they'll first have to stop staring at breasts. I have weird metaphors, I know, but this made sense in my head.

Lastly, Squishy, please don't leave. If anything, take a little hiatus, but you'd be sorely missed here, you're a great addition to the site for your sense of humor, your thread ideas, and your musical taste. Without your smiling (and slightly terrifying) avatar, the site just wouldn't be the same!

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 04/25/2014 00:00
  • Post subject:
I honestly blame you.
CubaZed

• Posted: 04/25/2014 00:08
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I honestly blame you.

I feel like that joke died a while ago....

But I kinda agree with what sp4cetiger said. It's about time, plus the fact it would put the complaining to the end.