BEA ULL #8: Goodsir

View previous topic :: View next topic
Goodsir

• Posted: 05/07/2014 22:34
  • Post subject: BEA ULL #8: Goodsir
I forgot Embarassed In the midst of all of the users that left and/or deleted their accounts, I had my heart set on May 18th rather than the 5th. I would have also tried to have a lot more interesting choices. Apologies.

Anyways,
Monday, May 5th 2014 6:00 AM
This is the time when I wake up for school on the weekdays. When I get up, I always take my morning shower, brush my teeth, etc. After all of that is done, I have a good forty minutes to spare before the bus comes to pick me up. So instead of just fucking around in my room, I lay on my bed half-asleep and listen to an album. (Or some of an album, depending on its length) So this Monday, I decided to start my week off with some Sonic Youth.

Sister by Sonic Youth
(I'm also sorry that I'm awful at writing reviews)
For whatever reason, I could never really get into Sonic Youth's music. I can completely understand the appeal to their music, but it has just never resonated with me personally. But, nevertheless, I enjoyed this album considerably more than the other works that I have heard from them. The guitar sound, the lyrics, everything ranged from pretty good to great. It had this nostalgic feel, while still remaining fairly fun throughout. I liked this album.

75/100

More to come soon.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/07/2014 22:43
  • Post subject:
Good work so far. Smile I feel this could be the best one yet
RepoMan

• Posted: 05/08/2014 01:05
  • Post subject:
Looking forward to this.

Excellent first pick!!! One of my all time faves. Smile
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 05/08/2014 03:07
  • Post subject:
Hehe, I could never get into Sonic Youth's music either, until I heard Sister. Let it grow on you, in a month they'll be your favorite band and you won't even understand how Twisted Evil

That said, I have no idea how you manage to enjoy an album like Sister while lying down in your bed. I mean, it's way too violent! I need to do something to enjoy violent music, I can't listen to it while relaxing. I wish I were like you though Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 05/08/2014 22:52
  • Post subject:
Monday 2:45 PM

Five Leaves Left by Nick Drake
Listened to this after I got home from school on Monday. As depressing as it is, it relaxes me beyond belief. His voice is ridiculously soothing, and I almost drifted off to this on Monday. If you want to see what I think of this album, just check my chart.

100/100

Roman Candle by Elliott Smith
I listened to Roman Candle after I finished my homework. It was my first listen to this album, and it was long overdue. This wasn't nearly as good as his self-titled, but it still very much had the charm of early lo-fi Elliot Smith. The No-Name tracks were standouts.

90/100

I will be posting more today, since I still need to catch up to Thursday Embarassed
Goodsir

• Posted: 05/08/2014 23:39
  • Post subject:
Monday 10:00 PM

Disintegration by The Cure
Another comfortable chart album that I absolutely love. The passion put into this album is really immense. Robert Smith's vocals and lyrics sound so passionate here and this albums contains some of my favorite songs ever. A great way to end the day.

100/100
Precedent

• Posted: 05/09/2014 13:12
  • Post subject:
Goodsir wrote:
Monday 10:00 PM

Disintegration by The Cure
Another comfortable chart album that I absolutely love. The passion put into this album is really immense. Robert Smith's vocals and lyrics sound so passionate here and this albums contains some of my favorite songs ever. A great way to end the day.

100/100

This and Murmur are what I think of when I think of you.
RepoMan

• Posted: 05/10/2014 23:23
  • Post subject:
You one slack motherfucker, goodsir! Razz

Link
Goodsir

• Posted: 05/10/2014 23:38
  • Post subject:
Yeah, I'm an irresponsible teenager. Sorry if that sometimes shows Laughing