Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 05/28/2014 18:16
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

Right now I put on an album called Camoufleur by Gastr del Sol

Hope you like it. A favourite of mine, particularly "The Seasons Reverse", splendid stuff.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/28/2014 18:41
  • Post subject:

Camoufleur was a pleasant album. Nothing stood out and hardly anything was remembered. I don't want to say bad things about any of it because I feel so wrong whenever I say I dislike things in music. I try to avoid sometimes. Mostly because I believe it's not ideal to dislike music. I suppose if I were to give it enough listens things might feel better. It's hard to speak about a plain album anyway. It was good music.

I am now onto Upgrade & Afterlife by the artist of same name.
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 05/28/2014 18:41
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

I am now onto Upgrade & Afterlife by the artist of same name.

Hope you like too Smile
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/28/2014 19:36
  • Post subject:

Spent some time thinking about what it must be like to be at the front in a concert. I spend a lot of time listening to full albums and I imagine it will be a lot different standing right at the front hearing the music. When I saw Manic Street Preachers in 2007 I was a very long way from the stage yet it was VERY loud. Afterwards my ears were still ringing hahaha! I have thought about going to a standing one since then. I did buy a concert ticket for a show two years ago but on the night I was too afraid to go and I didn't in the end. I think this was one of the most shameful things I have done as I more or less threw the money away. Even if it had been a scary thing to do I should have gone for it as I am still here now, I would have got through it in the end. I might have enjoyed myself. Even if it was very loud and crowded. I remember how the crowd were going wild in 'You Love Us' at the Manic Street Preachers concert and they kept flying from one end of the stage to the other like they were all moving together.

I finished the last album I was listening to. I liked it less than the one before. Album had this quiet sometimes and loud othertimes thing going on. It couldn't make its mind up whether to whisper or to scream.
NickVolos
Segnahc Reve4

Location: Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Greece

• Posted: 05/28/2014 19:48
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

Spent some time thinking about what it must be like to be at the front in a concert.

If it is a dream-come-true, you should go for it! What have you got to loose? Plus all the hot babes are in the front row... Cool
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/29/2014 18:44
  • Post subject:

This morning I was listening to Mp3. I had the new Bombay Bicycle whatever album on my person (coat pocket) and didn't listen to it. So I got home and had listened to no new albums today.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/29/2014 18:45
  • Post subject:

Today I have listened to a bit of 'Everything Must Go' followed by all of 'Journal For Plague Lovers'. The latter might be as good as the former if it didn't have 'Marlon J.D.' on it which I don't like.
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 05/29/2014 18:45
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
on my person (coat pocket)

I really like your sense of detail.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/29/2014 18:59
  • Post subject:

As I wrote the last two entries I started to wonder what to do with my life. Things are changing. Like not only will I be in a different hospital soon, I could be in another city. The last big outing I had was in Worcester and that wasn't too far away. I haven't been bothered to write or play guitar for long time. No desire to. If I keep listening to albums all day I may end up becoming a music album.

This log book journal thing seems to be a lot more miserable than I planned it to be. Planning something exciting for it. Don't know what yet.

Right now I have started on an album called 'Second Grand Constitution and Bylaws' by Secret Chiefs 3. So far it has been familiar territory. It's rock/pop yet with a little less words.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 05/29/2014 22:13
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:

Right now I have started on an album called 'Second Grand Constitution and Bylaws' by Secret Chiefs 3. So far it has been familiar territory. It's rock/pop yet with a little less words.

That's an interesting take on it considering how many genres they blend together on that album.
  • Visit poster's website