My listening log book thingy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 05/30/2014 20:09
  • Post subject:

This album is just going on and on. It's like some intelligent people dance album. Hard to think of who would listen to it and where. Would anyone listen to a Jon Hopkins album to wind down? To chill? To go running? It's very odd music to pin down to one activity or one type of people. In fact, it doesn't sound music for anyone.

I got out the Bullring today to find the air and sky very strange. Like it was an extremely icy day yet I could only feel it at 15 degrees or something. It looked more cold than it really was I should say. Plus around midday the city was VERY crowded. Sometimes more people are out when it rains, it wasn't raining today. Yet there were people everywhere. Later past 6 there were lots of people again. I don't like being out after 6 in town on Friday night because people begin to gather who will spend the night drinking. It's very scary seeing those people and a few hours later it will get very dangerous as they become drunks. It is ideal to get away. I don't like standing at the bus stop so I go into Cex while waiting. They built a CEX store recently where there used to exist a strange model store (they had remote control cars and boats). The CEX store used to be in wonderful place though. It was on the other side of the road and you had to go down a ramp to get there. Inside it was like a wonderful cave of computers and gadgets. It was quite inspiration when I was taken there as a child. I actually remember being inside and seeing my first Xbox as well as the build up to the 2002 Korea/Japan world cup.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/30/2014 20:46
  • Post subject:

OH!! OH OH OH OH!!!

I just rememebered about this album! Very Happy It's called 'Synthesist' by Harald Grosskopf. While listening to Jon Hopkins I got reminded. Haven't heard Synthesist in a while. I don't even no where to find the album. It was very very good though. Kind of like imagination music. Not drab music, box of crayons music. Here is the best song from what I remember.

Link
Kiki

• Posted: 05/30/2014 22:04
  • Post subject:

As I have yet to decide what to listen to tonight (well I have done two Jon Hopkins albums, Insides was the best) I will post what I could be listening to. Here are some poor quality photos I have taken off some albums I have. I could post more in the morning when there is sunlight. Then I can get better quality:

SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/30/2014 23:00
  • Post subject:
This has been one of the greatest log book reads so far, I love it, outlaw! Your personality shines through a lot, and you have done some astonishing analyses, like the one for the Twilight Series (I think this is what it was called), that was fabulous! Applause
Kiki

• Posted: 05/30/2014 23:52
  • Post subject:

Lay on the living room floor listening to nothing but the Timesplitters 2 theme song for 20 minutes. I had just been playing some Virus and Capture the Bag games on it. Afterwards I couldn't be bothered to do anything. For a while I was wondering how England would do in the World cup although I probably won't watch any of the games.

One of the things I am thinking about lot more recently is how I will leave a mark on the world. I feel I have done nothing concrete for a few weeks now. I should be writing and playing music. Instead I am lying on the floor and looking out of my window. I also kind of trashed my room when I was making the photos earlier. It's like... not enough roooooooom in my room for all the things I have. Definitely need a big house brought with all the rockstar money.

Right now I am listening to a song which is the same length of an album. Bing Satellites again and this song is from Twilight Sessions Volume Five.

It is called 'I Can See All The Way To The Airport From Here'

I'll try and think up something cool to do on the weekend to round off the loggy.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/31/2014 13:00
  • Post subject:
32. Felt tired when I woke up this morning. Better now.

Right now I have the City and Color album 'Bring Me Your Love' on.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/31/2014 14:10
  • Post subject:

The above album may be liked a lot by Nick Drake and Jack Johnson fans.

Right now I have got John Fahey's ' Fare Forward Voyagers (Soldier's Choice)'. So far it has all been guitar playing. You know, finger picking type thing. Feels a little posh. Rush may have had parts in their songs like it. I once quite liked 'A Farewell to Kings'
Kiki

• Posted: 05/31/2014 14:45
  • Post subject:

Spent a while wondering about creating music. I have the guitars and some recorders. I also have program on my computer for rearranging the tracks. Have no idea how to go about it too. Plus I feel people would laugh at me if I were to try it. Maybe my ideas for songs would be so bad and if I tried changing them I will end up with something I wouldn't want to play. If I were to create music it maybe only me who likes it.

Listening to this John Fahey doesn't help. It's like... super guitar whiz stuff. I haven't been to a guitar lesson in ages... not even picked one up. I think I may be misguided in thinking if I listen to lots of music I will get lots of ideas for music and be famous one day.

Wondering what to do now. Don't want to hang around listening to albums all day.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 05/31/2014 16:01
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I think I may be misguided in thinking if I listen to lots of music I will get lots of ideas for music and be famous one day.

Practice makes perfect. Listening to a lot will help very much, but you'll need to find ways to apply that listening to playing. John Fahey probably lived and slept with his guitar.

You'll get to a place you're much happier with eventually. the hardest part is always the learning.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/31/2014 18:18
  • Post subject:

I spent a while thinking about death and the future of humanity. I've been listening to Depeche Mode at the time. They don't really sound that morbid so maybe it is me not them. I mean they have the one song called 'Personal Jesus' which is slightly morbid while 'Enjoy The Silence' is saddening.

It's getting dark and still have no more pictures! Shocked This may be a bad sign. Well.... I could.... listen to 'Buddies' by Frank Turner and Jon Snodgrass next.