Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mdemauri

United States

• Posted: 06/02/2014 18:31
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
A Rock N Roll hall of fame is good and grand for the profits and image of the whole outfit. However, by it's very nature, the true Rock N Roll hall of fame is the line of pictures in that musty wooden rock bar downtown, in the record stores line of vinyls or the posters on the bedroom wall of the wannabe next big thing.

Dave Grohl said something similar last night. In particular, the posters part. Something along the lines of "Don't look at the posters on your wall and say I'll never be that. Look at those poster and say I'm GOING to be that!"
  • Visit poster's website
RepoMan

• Posted: 06/02/2014 18:48
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
However, by it's very nature, the true Rock N Roll hall of fame is the line of pictures in that musty wooden rock bar downtown, in the record stores line of vinyls or the posters on the bedroom wall of the wannabe next big thing.

Oooh! I love this!!! Can we add this to the list of classic song quotes that rotate atop the BEA banner signed "an_Outlaw"! Very Happy
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2014 00:19
  • Post subject:
As someone who's been to the hall a couple times and written letters to Jan Wenner about all the stuff that doesn't make it in, I can tell you that the hall itself just about fits the inductions. There's no pictures, running, or loud noises allowed. No touching or coming close to touching anything. The marquees contradict each other and the "Most Important Songs" contradict the songs on their website.

The only little beacon of hope is the Joy Division/New Order exhibit/thing that Bono keeps up there. It's actually pretty cool. Too bad neither band will ever be inducted ...

It's OK nor will Deep Purple, Kraftwerk, Roxy Music, The Smiths, Jethro Tull, MC5, NWA, Chicago, The Cure, Big Star, Pixies, King Crimson, Sonic Youth, Depeche Mode, Husker Du, Giorgio Moroder, B-52s, Steve Miller Band, Black Flag, The Cars, XTC, The Specials, Madness, Yes, Nick Drake, Nick Cave, My Bloody Valentine, Moody Blues, INXS, Jane's Addiction, Harry Nillson, Flaming Lips, Eurythmics, Journey, Motorhead, Motley Crue, Duran Duran, Can, Lou Reed, Monkees, Buzzcocks, Boston, Blue Oyster Cult, ELO, OMD, Devo, Three Dog Night, Slayer, Phish, J Geils Band, Foreigner, Blood Sweat and Tears, Public Image Ltd, Tangerine Dream, Tears for Fears, De La Soul, Echo and the Bunnymen, Wire, Fugazi, Gary Numan, The Fall, Bad Religion, Phil Collins, Moby Grape, Siouxsie, Killing Joke, Misfits, The The, Melvins, Dinosaur Jr ... I mean I'm not even a fan of a lot of these but they're big names to be missing.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Mdemauri

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2014 15:36
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:

It's OK nor will Deep Purple, Kraftwerk, Roxy Music, The Smiths, Jethro Tull, MC5, NWA, Chicago, The Cure, Big Star, Pixies, King Crimson, Sonic Youth, Depeche Mode, Husker Du, Giorgio Moroder, B-52s, Steve Miller Band, Black Flag, The Cars, XTC, The Specials, Madness, Yes, Nick Drake, Nick Cave, My Bloody Valentine, Moody Blues, INXS, Jane's Addiction, Harry Nillson, Flaming Lips, Eurythmics, Journey, Motorhead, Motley Crue, Duran Duran, Can, Lou Reed, Monkees, Buzzcocks, Boston, Blue Oyster Cult, ELO, OMD, Devo, Three Dog Night, Slayer, Phish, J Geils Band, Foreigner, Blood Sweat and Tears, Public Image Ltd, Tangerine Dream, Tears for Fears, De La Soul, Echo and the Bunnymen, Wire, Fugazi, Gary Numan, The Fall, Bad Religion, Phil Collins, Moby Grape, Siouxsie, Killing Joke, Misfits, The The, Melvins, Dinosaur Jr ... I mean I'm not even a fan of a lot of these but they're big names to be missing.

This part is crazy!
  • Visit poster's website