Manic Street Preachers - Futurology (Album)

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 07/27/2014 20:24
  • Post subject: Manic Street Preachers - Futurology (Album)
New album by the Manic Street Preachers with a cover which took a lot more effort than the drab 'Rewind'. Here it is:

Sleak and shiny from what I have heard so far. Not like The Holy Bible (if Lifeblood was Holy Bible for 30 year olds was this meant to be The Holy Bible for 40 year olds?) and certainly not like Generation Terrorists as Nicky would like some to believe. Laughing I very much doubt anything will brush shoulders with 'You Love Us'. Laughing

'Walk Me To The Bridge' is the lead single. Very much like Distant Early Warning by Rush and not quite up to par with 'Your Love Alone', 'It's Not Love' or 'Show Me The Wonder' yet it works very well here. 'Europa Geht Durch Mich' sounds like an amazing B-Side which finally got onto a Manic Street Preachers album. I mean 'Buidlings for Dead People' so as out there as this and that song is largly forgotten now.

Album also contains the most Manic Street Preachers-est Manic Street Preachers song in 'Sex, Power, Love and Money'. It's actually sort of funny in how over the top it is. They were definitely having fun when they recorded that song!

Anyway, this a signal boast for new Manic Street Preachers album as I didn't make a thread beforehand. It's never too late Wink Here are two songs from the album:

Link

Link
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/27/2014 22:17
  • Post subject:
... I kinda disliked this. A great deal.

Most of the lyrics were just painful - felt like they were trying reeeeally hard to sound insightful, but none of it actually was.
  • Visit poster's website
Secondsoul

Ireland

• Posted: 07/28/2014 11:17
  • Post subject:
I knew before listening to it that it would disappoint. No outstanding tracks, there are no more than a handful of songs on this album that you would listen to again. It's a shame that this once great band are now just churning out sub-standard, poor quality albums. It's now ten years since Lifeblood, an album I still love and to be fair I haven't enjoyed pretty much any of their output since then. Loved their set at Glastonbury though. Maybe they should just stick to the live circuit!
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/28/2014 15:53
  • Post subject:
Late-era Manics on cruise control. It's okay, but I haven't really liked a record of theirs chronologically since Tigers.
  • Visit poster's website