FYF Fest Lineup is Broken, Schedule Posted: HELP!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
eyezayzay

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2014 03:37
  • Post subject: FYF Fest Lineup is Broken, Schedule Posted: HELP!
So I am sad about a couple of conflicts but besides the below being confirmed, I don't really know a lot of the other artists. Who should I check out and/or who should I not miss for sure?

Saturday:

Angel Olsen (2:45PM - 3:35PM)
Slint (4:00PM - 4:55PM)
Slowdive (7:25PM - 8:25PM)
Tycho (8:55PM - 9:45PM)
Grimes (10:15PM - 11:10PM)
Phoenix (11:10PM - 12:00PM)

Sunday:
Mac Demarco (5:05PM - 5:55PM)
Blood Orange (7:40PM - 8:30PM)
Haim (9:00PM - 9:50PM)
Flying Lotus (10:00PM - 11:00PM)
The Strokes (11:00PM - 12:00AM)

Last edited by eyezayzay on 08/20/2014 01:21; edited 2 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 08/19/2014 03:49
  • Post subject:
Personally I'd probably go Angel Olsen, Slint, Avey Tare, Slowdive, Boris, and then Phoenix or Ty for the first day. Then the next day either start with Joanna Gruesome or Kelela, then go to Demarco, check out Thundercat and get a good spot for Built To Spill, then go see Darkside since they're not gonna be around much longer, then finish with either Flylo or the Strokes and maybe catch some Deafheaven if you can at the end.

That's just my taste though, ones I'd absolutely want to see would be Slint, Slowdive, and Boris. Pretty sure we have a festivals thread by the way.
Hammy

• Posted: 08/19/2014 03:50
  • Post subject:
if it were me going I'd try to hit up Slint, Slowdive, Tycho, Grimes, Built To Spill, Darkside, Flying Lotus, Blood Brothers and Deafheaven, also may as well start out with Angel Olsen before Slint
  • Visit poster's website
eyezayzay

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2014 04:23
  • Post subject:
Yeah, I'm gonna start Angel Olsen. I'll try listening to a Slint album next.

I'm sure there is another Festival thread but I assume it's dead, this festival is INSANE and I think it's worth discussion standalone and eh, don't ruin my fun. Sad
  • Visit poster's website
Hammy

• Posted: 08/19/2014 04:39
  • Post subject:
eyezayzay wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna start Angel Olsen. I'll try listening to a Slint album next.

a wise decision, I'd imagine Slint being amazing live granted they are playing bloody loud, them and Built To Spill would be my absolute must sees with Slowdive and Darkside as close seconds
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2014 06:48
  • Post subject:
You've got the perfect gap to go see Presidents of the USA. They're one of those bands fun enough I watch livestreams of their shows, and I can count the bands I do that for on my hands.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 08/19/2014 14:18
  • Post subject:
Saturday:

The Arena: Slint, basically dont know/care about anyone else, but would probably go to Angel Olsen and Chet Faker just to make it simple.
The Trees: 7:00-11:00 (Run the Jewels, Against Me!, Boris, Ty Segall) - kinda sucks, but Boris+Run the Jewels seems like a better show than Grimes+Tycho for me.

Sunday:

La Dispute and The Bronx would be cool, so id go to The Trees for most of the day until 7:50,
then switch over to The Arena from 8:30-11:00 for Earl Sweatshirt and Flying Lotus
then back to The Trees for Deafheaven at 11:00 (yes i dont really care much for Deafheaven, but would rather see them than Jamie xx again. Whatever)

Thats what i would probably try to do. Also the main stage is by far the worst stage both days :\\ would not touch
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 08/19/2014 14:29
  • Post subject:
Honestly, here's what I'd do:

I'd go watch Mariachi El Bronx over Angel Olsen, even though I prefer Olsen's music, because they'll be fun as fuck. Then I'd go over to catch Slint and contemplate our own insignificance for a bit, just to get down off that high. Then I'd probably spend the afternoon trying to find some acid so that I could actually get through Slowdive, or if that failed I'd just get some cheap ecstasy and go dance like a fucking idiot to Future Islands, maybe going to check out the last of Killer Mike and El-P's set if I was feeling particularly lairy. Then I'd just sit around and watch the world until Boris. It's stressful trying to get from stage to stage, and you never find time to enjoy yourself. Also, Boris would melt my face regardless of what drugs I'd been able to procure. I definitely wouldn't go watch Phoenix, but all the other options post-Boris sound pretty agreeable.

Then I'd wake up on Sunday feeling rough as shit and get a few beers in me to delay my hangover. I'd go watch Joanna Gruesome, and then possibly Kelela, but it would depend on how much I cared about pushing through a fucking crowd to get to Mac DeMarco at that point. If I was drunk and enjoying myself and not in the least bothered about seeing him, I would sod that idea off and just wait for Thundercat. If all had gone well on Saturday, I'd phone the guy I got the acid off so that I could get in the right mindset for Darkside and John Talabot, and then I'd just see where the night takes me from there. I'd probably end up in a bush, having had an awesome weekend.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2014 14:58
  • Post subject:
Y'all are fools if you're not catching Man Man given the opportunity. Even if they've gone downhill over the years, they're likely still a wild carnival band live.

Link

• Visit poster's website
eyezayzay

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2014 15:53
  • Post subject:
Skinny won the thread, ahaha.
  • Visit poster's website