Manic Street Preachers - 70 Songs Of Hatred and Failure

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 11/19/2010 18:05
  • Post subject: Manic Street Preachers - 70 Songs Of Hatred and Failure
I heard rumors a few months ago of some crazy Manic Street Preachers project in the works. One which had been titled '70 Songs Of Hatred and Failure' by sources close to the band and which is supposed to be a triple CD album.

And now... today... Nicky Wire has come out saying this is a working title for the new album!

70 songs!? Seriously that is 3 times the size of a "large" album! Where are they going to find enough songs? More importantly what is going to be on the songs? What surreal insanity is going to be on this thing? This could well be the most interesting thing the Manic Street Preachers ever record!

Here's what Nicky Wire said in an interview - "The next album will be pure indulgence. There’s only so much melody stored in your body that you can physically get onto one record. It was just so utterly commercial and melodic [on the Postcards album]."

He also mentions that 'Know Your Enemy' should have been bigger else where in the interview. Plus he says 'It's not War...' was their biggest hit in donkeys years but I vaguely remember there was a bigger hit a few years back... I could be wrong though. Plus 'Some Kind Of Nothingness' doesn't seem to be getting the Radio 1 airplay it deserves. It was the best track on the album, cmon... Rolling Eyes
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 11/19/2010 18:51
  • Post subject:
Hmm, it might be an "episodic" album, like the new Smashing Pumpkins one.

There, they've making 44 songs, with 4-5 coming out at a time through episodes every few months. You can download the EP's for free, and then buy a special box set that has everything in it.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 11/21/2010 18:31
  • Post subject:
Considering that fact Nicky Wire holds a prejudice against downloading it would seem unlikely.

On the other hand, he has been infamously hypocritical in the past and considering the Manics would say they would like to try something different now that they are off Sony, it might be a possibility.

I can't believe that I forgot about that Smashing Pumpkins project. I think I had been given a free download of a track early in the year from it. The word 'Kaleidoscope' comes to mind.