Who are you people!?

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
AlexZangari

United States

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:06
  • Post subject: Who are you people!?
I don't really know a whole lot about any of you, so please tell me anything about you that might be interesting Very Happy I want to have a nice get-to-know-you type thread. You know, to help people be more like people on here. I figure a lot of you are very familiar with each other but maybe this thread could help you know users who are strangers.

I'll start.

Hello my name is Alex and I work in elementary schools as a chess coach. I like to write songs and have a "band" with my girlfriend (karbutt). I mostly play guitar and piano but I can play a few other things too. You can probably guess what my favourite band is. I also like video games a lot (Nintendo/PC). I grew up on the Jersey Shore but I've lived in Georgia for five years. For those who remember him, I'm about half an hour away from Bork and used to live in the town he works in. Also I come from a huge family. One of my lifelong biggest interests is geography. I really like maps.
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:20
  • Post subject:
Sounds cool.

I'm Pat, from Cork in the south of Ireland, still living here and going to uni (UCC), in my final year as a geology student currently working on my thesis and mapping project. Music (I'm useless at actually making my own music...) and sport (football and Irish gaelic games mainly) are my main interests, also into video games (Gathered quite a few consoles down the years...). Also, I'm really into maps too like Alex, I was a geography nerd as a kid and it ultimately led me towards geology. Cool

• Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:26
  • Post subject: Re: Who are you people!?
AlexZangari wrote:
I don't really know a whole lot about any of you, so please tell me anything about you that might be interesting

An impossible task.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:31
  • Post subject:
BEA Interview

Mike, from the Detroit Metropolitan Area. I've moved around a lot but I don't think I've lived far away from Wayne County. I'm currently unemployed but hope to get involved in something leading to an eventual life in the near future, but the jobs over here I've been unlucky with like many in the metro area. As people know I like anime, cinema, music, literature, blah blah I'm a classic "artsy" introvert.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:47
  • Post subject:
I'm Louis (pronounced the French way). I was born and raised in Berkshire. I spent the last two years studying Graphic Design, Politics and Literature and I'll be taking Graphic Design further at university in Bristol for the next following three years. For pocket money I create illustrations and graphics used by small companies, and in my free time I do character illustrations and computer animations (which have been successful in winning a few awards) - my love for music came from needing to fill the silence while I work on these projects. As many of you know, I create music on the side with my limited ability with a few instruments - I also played bass for a small indie band for five years. I expect my music will slow down as I return my focus to my illustration and animation work, which is also where I feel my heart really rests.
AlexZangari

United States

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:47
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
I'm Pat, from Cork in the south of Ireland, still living here and going to uni (UCC), in my final year as a geology student currently working on my thesis and mapping project. Music (I'm useless at actually making my own music...) and sport (football and Irish gaelic games mainly) are my main interests, also into video games (Gathered quite a few consoles down the years...). Also, I'm really into maps too like Alex, I was a geography nerd as a kid and it ultimately led me towards geology. Cool

I almost wrote in the OP "I don't really know a whole lot about any of you except that Pat likes rocks." Laughing My love affair with maps and the world started when I was a kid too. It's led me to have further interests in anthropology.
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:48
  • Post subject:
Hey Alex this idea is not so new but it's great to find and know more times to times new people ( and discover from those who are already here even more). Good luck in it just don't let it get out of control.

also this topic is an interesting one there was on BEA to know more about people! (And as gowi said there were some interviews but not many users participated from them)
http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...php?t=9083

might do my one later, kind of busy now

Blerg let's do it....
My name is Antonio i'm a 14 boy, I am a student born in a capital of a big small state, My big interests when Growing up were music and sports, but since I've been growing up I've been finding new loves. My favorite band is SY, but I also love a lot of bands in alternative rock or punk or shoegaze etc.. I was known in BEA for being the youngest regular for a long time but since some new users joined (and I'm growing up [physically my mind still a kid....I think..]) I'm not anymore. My hobbies variate a lot depending on my mood. On my happy days I like to go out and play something with my friends or/and ride a bike, at melloncholics nights I like to relax or go out and see the stars while listening to some sad music. I've been composing some new stuff recently but since I'm busy with a lot of tests (and you guys are taking my time....ahhhgg you addicted me Razz ) i haven't find peace to write and compose something. Woop!

Last edited by Antonio-Pedro on 09/03/2014 18:20; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:53
  • Post subject:
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
Hey Alex this idea is not so new but it's great to find and know more times to times new people ( and discover from those who are already here even more). Good luck in it just don't let it get out of control.

also this topic is an interesting one there was on BEA to know more about people! (And as gowi said there were some interviews but not many users participated from them)
http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...php?t=9083

might do my one later, kind of busy now

I get bored with list threads like those rather quick, tbh.
  • Visit poster's website
AlexZangari

United States

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:56
  • Post subject:
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
Good luck in it just don't let it get out of control.

I have no idea what you're implying by this. Confused

And yeah, what Gowi said. I took part in one of those kinds of get-to-know-you threads that we've had on here before but I thought this would make a more interesting/conversational thread. People can talk about themselves rather than just have everyone talk about the same things like pets or drinks or whatever it is the questions were about.
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 09/03/2014 17:59
  • Post subject:
AlexZangari wrote:
I have no idea what you're implying by this. Confused

blerg because of the non talking about users rule...and it might get out of control since we are talking about us...but the conversatiion here seems very light and friendly so I think it doesn't appear any danger to hurt someone, sorry

Quote:
and yeah, what Gowi said. I took part in one of those kinds of get-to-know-you threads that we've had on here before but I thought this would make a more interesting/conversational thread.

didn't look for this side, I just thought that one would be more informative, so let the conversation flow

Last edited by Antonio-Pedro on 09/03/2014 18:02; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website