What music player do you use?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
creator

United States

• Posted: 02/05/2015 23:53
  • Post subject:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Use iTunes most of the time otherwise. I've never had a problem with it; the only thing that frustrates me is when I sort my Belle & Sebastian albums by release date and If You're Feeling Sinister gets sorted before Tigermilk because it only stores release year.

Right click on Tigermilk, Get Info, and go to the sorting tab. Underneath the album name, in the sort as field, type "aTigermilk". It won't change the physical name of the album, but it will not be sorted before If You're Feeling Sinster. You can also change artist names to be sorted by last, first and still display first last.

sp4cetiger wrote:
Either the default settings in the free version are really crappy or I'm crazy. I get 320 kb/s and it sounds great.

I believe the free version is only 160 kbps. Back in the days of Napster we would have killed for that quality! Mr. Green
  • Visit poster's website
babyBlueSedan
Used to be sort of blind, now can sort of see

United States

• Posted: 02/06/2015 00:23
  • Post subject:
creator wrote:
I believe the free version is only 160 kbps. Back in the days of Napster we would have killed for that quality! Mr. Green

Yeah I'm just using the free version. Not as terrible as it could be but since I've discovered Grooveshark I haven't had a as big a need for Spotify.

creator wrote:
Right click on Tigermilk, Get Info, and go to the sorting tab. Underneath the album name, in the sort as field, type "aTigermilk".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but then if I sort by album name won't it sort Tigermilk with the A's? I know it's super picky of me but I strive for perfection in my collection's metadata.
creator

United States

• Posted: 02/06/2015 00:38
  • Post subject:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but then if I sort by album name won't it sort Tigermilk with the A's? I know it's super picky of me but I strive for perfection in my collection's metadata.

Yeah, you're right. I assumed that you were sorting by artist and then year. If you sort your library by album name then it will show up incorrectly. My apologies.
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 02/06/2015 00:49
  • Post subject:
HoldenM wrote:
iTunes and Spotify. Used to be a HUGE Grooveshark person though.

This exactly pretty much
babyBlueSedan
Used to be sort of blind, now can sort of see

United States

• Posted: 02/06/2015 01:04
  • Post subject:
creator wrote:
Yeah, you're right. I assumed that you were sorting by artist and then year. If you sort your library by album name then it will show up incorrectly. My apologies.

Haha, don't worry, I did make it sound that way. I usually sort by artist but sometimes like to switch it up. Sometimes I'll sort by year, although that's super un-intuitive. Not really sure why other than it makes the pictures show up in a different order Very Happy
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 02/06/2015 06:23
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
Either the default settings in the free version are really crappy or I'm crazy. I get 320 kb/s and it sounds great.

Free version doesn't have 320kb/s
  • Visit poster's website
shoopadoowop

Canada

• Posted: 02/06/2015 14:12
  • Post subject:
I see a lot of people commenting on the tagging features of iTunes or MusicBee, but I've rarely actually used in program tagging. Occasionally, if I'm lazy, I'll do it in MusicBee but most of the time I use Mp3tag, it's way better and does everything really well IMO. Am I the only one that does this?
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 02/06/2015 14:27
  • Post subject:
creator wrote:

Haha, no kidding. It took me a while to even notice that I could up the quality on the premium version. I do a lot of my listening through tiny mobile speakers or the car radio, so the quality difference is tough to distinguish.
Manigoldo90

Italy

• Posted: 02/06/2015 14:51
  • Post subject:
I use spotify, it would be perfect if it wasn't for the adveritsements...
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 02/06/2015 15:20
  • Post subject:
shoopadoowop wrote:
I see a lot of people commenting on the tagging features of iTunes or MusicBee, but I've rarely actually used in program tagging. Occasionally, if I'm lazy, I'll do it in MusicBee but most of the time I use Mp3tag, it's way better and does everything really well IMO. Am I the only one that does this?

I used to use mp3tag because I owned a very temperamental music player that only functioned if the tags were absolutely perfect. At the moment though, Musicbee seemingly does everything fine and works perfectly with my iPod classic, I don't really need any extra software.