Builder Elimination #6: Illinois

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: What would you like to see in the next builder elimination?
The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths
33%
 33%  [10]
Rain Dogs - Tom Waits
13%
 13%  [4]
The Soft Bulletin - The Flaming Lips
30%
 30%  [9]
Jamboree - Beat Happening
6%
 6%  [2]
Slanted and Enchanted - Pavement
16%
 16%  [5]
Total Votes : 30

nachosbob

United States

• Posted: 04/03/2015 21:59
  • Post subject: Builder Elimination #6: Illinois

Illinois by Sufjan Stevens

Final Results wrote:
1.The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us!
2. John Wayne Gacy, Jr.
3. Casimir Pulaski Day
4. Come On! Feel the Illinoise! (Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition – Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me in a Dream)
5. They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!
6. Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois
7. Chicago
8. Jacksonville
9. The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts
10. Decatur, or, Round of Applause for Your Stepmother!
11. The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders (Part I: The Great Frontier – Part II: Come to Me Only with Playthings Now)
12. The Seer's Tower
13. Out of Egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and I Shake the Dirt from My Sandals as I Run
14. In This Temple as in the Hearts of Man for Whom He Saved the Earth
15. Prairie Fire That Wanders About
16. The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, 'I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!
17. Let's Hear That String Part Again, Because I Don't Think They Heard It All the Way Out in Bushnell
18. To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I Have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament
19. A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way in Which Sufjan Stevens Has an Existential Crisis in the Great Godfrey Maze
20.Riffs and Variations on a Single Note for Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to Name a Few
21.A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, but for Very Good Reasons
22. One Last 'Whoo-Hoo!' for the Pullman

You may post once every 20 hours

Thanks to SuedeSwede for nominating this album

#1 OK Computer (Link)
#2 If You're Feeling Sinister (Link)
#3 Illmatic (Link)
#4 69 Love Songs (Link)
#5 To Pimp A Butterfly (Link)

If you are interested in nominating an album for the builder elimination series check out this link
http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...hp?t=12090

The track for the album in question is listed, and each track gets 5 points. Every turn, a user takes one point from a track the user thinks is the worst and gives it to the track the user thinks is the best. Once one track is depleted of points, it goes to the bottom of a seperate best-to-worst list under the track listing. Once a track gets 10 points, the track is put to the top of that separate list. Let's have an example.

Sunday Morning = 9 (+1)
I'm Waiting for My Man = 5
Femme Fatale = 8
Venus in Furs = 6
Run Run Run = 4
All Tommorow's parties = 6
Heroin = 3
There She Goes Again = 4
I'll Be Your Mirror = 6
The Black Angel's Death Song = 4
European Son = 1 (-1)

Notice the user has taken the final point from European Son and given it to Sunday Morning.

The separate list will be under lines under the track listing.

-------------
1. Sunday Morning (top of the list)
11. European Son

European Son is the worst decided on, and Sunday Morning is the best. The next track to gain 10 points will be put at the #2 slot, then 3, then 4 and so on. The next track to get their points deplete will be put at the second lowest slot, then third lowest, and so on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois = 5
The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, 'I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands! = 5
Come On! Feel the Illinoise! (Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition – Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me in a Dream) = 5
John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 6 (+1)
Jacksonville = 5
A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, but for Very Good Reasons = 5
Decatur, or, Round of Applause for Your Stepmother! = 5
One Last 'Whoo-Hoo!' for the Pullman = 4 (-1)
Chicago = 5
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 5
To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I Have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament = 5
The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts = 5
Prairie Fire That Wanders About = 5
A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way in Which Sufjan Stevens Has an Existential Crisis in the Great Godfrey Maze = 5
The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us! = 5
They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh! = 5
Let's Hear That String Part Again, Because I Don't Think They Heard It All the Way Out in Bushnell = 5
In This Temple as in the Hearts of Man for Whom He Saved the Earth = 5
The Seer's Tower = 5
The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders (Part I: The Great Frontier – Part II: Come to Me Only with Playthings Now) = 5
Riffs and Variations on a Single Note for Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to Name a Few = 5
Out of Egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and I Shake the Dirt from My Sandals as I Run = 5

Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head

Last edited by nachosbob on 04/11/2015 18:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
MightyMoose

United States

• Posted: 04/03/2015 22:40
  • Post subject:
The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, 'I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands! = 5
Come On! Feel the Illinoise! (Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition – Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me in a Dream) = 5
John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 6
Jacksonville = 5
One Last 'Whoo-Hoo!' for the Pullman = 3 (-1)
Chicago = 5
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 6 (+1)
To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I Have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament = 5
A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way in Which Sufjan Stevens Has an Existential Crisis in the Great Godfrey Maze = 5
They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh! = 5
Let's Hear That String Part Again, Because I Don't Think They Heard It All the Way Out in Bushnell = 5
The Seer's Tower = 5
The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders (Part I: The Great Frontier – Part II: Come to Me Only with Playthings Now) = 5
Riffs and Variations on a Single Note for Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to Name a Few = 5
Out of Egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and I Shake the Dirt from My Sandals as I Run = 5
  • Visit poster's website
ShaneSpear
Thread Killah

United States

• Posted: 04/03/2015 22:42
  • Post subject:
John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 6
Jacksonville = 4 (-1)
One Last 'Whoo-Hoo!' for the Pullman = 3
Chicago = 5
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 6
They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh! = 6 (+1)
The Seer's Tower = 5
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 04/03/2015 23:36
  • Post subject:
These song titles are awful! The next builder game better be users !
FlorianJones

United States

• Posted: 04/03/2015 23:50
  • Post subject:
John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 6
Jacksonville = 4
One Last 'Whoo-Hoo!' for the Pullman = 2
Chicago = 5
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 6
The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us! = 6
They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh! = 6
The Seer's Tower = 5
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 04/04/2015 00:15
  • Post subject:
John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 6
Jacksonville = 4
One Last 'Whoo-Hoo!' for the Pullman = 1 (-1)
Chicago = 5
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 6
The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us! = 6
They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh! = 6
The Seer's Tower = 5
The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders (Part I: The Great Frontier – Part II: Come to Me Only with Playthings Now) = 6 (+1)
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 04/04/2015 17:33
  • Post subject:
Kiki wrote:
These song titles are awful! The next builder game better be users !

that is actually the worst idea, i hope youre being sarcastic!

John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 6
Jacksonville = 4
One Last 'Whoo-Hoo!' for the Pullman = 1
Chicago = 5
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 6
To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I Have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament = 4 (-1)
The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us! = 7 (+1)
The Seer's Tower = 5
The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders (Part I: The Great Frontier – Part II: Come to Me Only with Playthings Now) = 6

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/04/2015 17:37
  • Post subject:
John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 6
Jacksonville = 4
A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, but for Very Good Reasons = 4 (-1)
One Last 'Whoo-Hoo!' for the Pullman = 1
Chicago = 6 (+1)
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 6
To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I Have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament = 4
The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us! = 7
The Seer's Tower = 5
The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders (Part I: The Great Frontier – Part II: Come to Me Only with Playthings Now) = 6
  • Visit poster's website
nachosbob

United States

• Posted: 04/04/2015 20:08
  • Post subject:
John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 7 (+1)
Jacksonville = 4
A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, but for Very Good Reasons = 4
Chicago = 6
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 6
To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I Have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament = 4
The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us! = 7
The Seer's Tower = 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 04/04/2015 20:29
  • Post subject:
John Wayne Gacy, Jr. = 7 (+1)
Jacksonville = 4
A Short Reprise for Mary Todd, Who Went Insane, but for Very Good Reasons = 3 (-1)
Chicago = 6
Casimir Pulsaki Day = 6
The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us! = 8 (+1)
The Seer's Tower = 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~