Degrees/Major/School stuff

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 04/27/2015 18:27
  • Post subject: Degrees/Major/School stuff
One thing I always like discussing with people is about their degrees or majors in college. I find it very interesting and it gives me some good insight about the person themselves. So just an general question, what are all of your degrees/majors/whatevers if you would like to share?

Currently, my major of intent is biochemistry. I went into college with an intended Biology major, but that quickly changed. While they are both interesting subjects, Chemistry is a different way of thinking that is more suitable for me. It may generally be considered a tougher subject, but I'm willing to struggle through it because I find the way of thinking easier.
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 04/27/2015 18:47
  • Post subject:
My major is "Film & Screen Studies", which is a confusing title, since it just sounds like a Film Studies major. It's actually a Film (Production) major that is just offset with more of a focus on Film Study and Film Theory than the average Film Production major. I find it intensely fascinating.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/27/2015 18:54
  • Post subject:
I'm going for my Masters of Business Administration right now. Should have it in a year and a half or so.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 04/27/2015 19:01
  • Post subject:
This June I graduate with a bachelors in History w/ a minor in Labor Studies. I'll probably take a break from school and try to work for a bit and then I'll either try to go to law school or possibly go for a Masters in History.
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 04/27/2015 19:11
  • Post subject:
In 2 days time I start the first of my final 3 university exams (I should really be studying...), in 10 days time I'll be finished a 4 year degree in Geology, which is kind of scary. Considering my options after that but strongly leaning towards doing a masters in field exploration geology.

• Visit poster's website
zdwyatt

United States

• Posted: 04/27/2015 19:30
  • Post subject:
I double-majored in Anthropology and Psychology. I worked for a bit, then went to law school.
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused

United States

• Posted: 04/27/2015 19:45
  • Post subject:
zdwyatt wrote:
I double-majored in Anthropology and Psychology. I worked for a bit, then went to law school.

That's fascinating stuff. I took one Evolutionary Anthropology course and it completely changed the way I see the world.
TracyJacks

Hungary

• Posted: 04/27/2015 19:48
  • Post subject:
I have a degree in law. It usually takes five years to study, but it took me six years because I spent a year with scolarship in Austria. It was a long time to finish the studies. Now I feel I don't want to study anymore (except languages which I like). Smile

I never really wanted to study law. I chose it because I had to choose something...I know it sounds silly. I like different things and I'm good at different things but not good enough to study it.
Law taught me a lot, for example logic. Law can be useful and in some aspects it is interesting, too. But I still feel I don't like it that much, and I'm not too interested in it, although it is my job now.
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused

United States

• Posted: 04/27/2015 20:04
  • Post subject:
TracyJacks wrote:
I have a degree in law. It usually takes five years to study, but it took me six years because I spent a year with scolarship in Austria. It was a long time to finish the studies. Now I feel I don't want to study anymore (except languages which I like). Smile

I never really wanted to study law. I chose it because I had to choose something...I know it sounds silly. I like different things and I'm good at different things but not good enough to study it.
Law taught me a lot, for example logic. Law can be useful and in some aspects it is interesting, too. But I still feel I don't like it that much, and I'm not too interested in it, although it is my job now.

What kind of law do you practice? I'm considering going into labor law, but with the political climate being what it is in the U.S., I'm afraid I'll spend a lifetime on the losing end and will become disenchanted with my job.
Precedent

• Posted: 04/27/2015 20:58
  • Post subject:
I graduate high school next month and then I'm going to college to major in Meteorology.