Apple vs Taylor Swift

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 06/23/2015 17:47
  • Post subject: Apple vs Taylor Swift
I posted this on Facebook, but figured it could lead to some interesting discussion here as well.

With all the stuff about Taylor Swift and Apple Music, am I the only skeptic/conspiracy theorist that sees this all as a very elaborate marketing initiative from two of the most successful businesses out there?

First, Swift attacks Apple's #1 music competitor in Spotify. Then when Apple announces their new streaming service, Swift attacks them for their also questionable business plan. Swift's attack forces Apple to reconsider their plan to not pay artists during the trial period. The press generated makes Swift a hero, and gives Apple's new streaming service the attention it needs so that people know it exists. Apple changes the plan and will now pay. So, they now look good, and actually look better than Spotify whose business model they copied. Seems like a win win situation for both Apple and Swift.
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 06/23/2015 18:05
  • Post subject:

Link

• Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 06/23/2015 18:16
  • Post subject: Re: Apple vs Taylor Swift
Was just lurking through youtube last night When Saw a Fantano video about it, in fact I didn't even knew that taylor swift wasn't on spotify for all this time, Decided to do a research, after all this stuff I think I got to a conclusion that this spark with the apple could just be another one of her denials, but when I saw that Apple actually replied telling that the artists would get paid even in (three months I guess) trial was when the ball hit, It could be some kinda marketing trick, with Swift drawing the attention to the classic model of streaming that apple was supposed to follow, but with apple saying that it will "just not be like another one", they both get out high fiving each other. And I'm tempted to say that after all of this Swift's music will end up in Apple.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 06/23/2015 18:22
  • Post subject: Re: Apple vs Taylor Swift
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
And I'm tempted to say that after all of this Swift's music will end up in Apple.

Yup. Even if Apple and Spotify pay the exact same %
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 06/23/2015 21:25
  • Post subject:
According to what I have read, it sounds like that only the artists will be taken care of still. If that is all true, what about those who do not have the touring to fall back on like the artists do: the songwriters, the song producers, and the song instrument players, and anyone else who has anything to do with a recording coming to life and being thrown out there for us to listen to?

God bless you and Taylor always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

P.S. Who I am talking about here is actually who Taylor was speaking in the defense of.

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 06/23/2015 22:30
  • Post subject:
I think Taylor Swift's story is so removed from the other 6.01 billion people on the planet that it's just impossible to really know what she's going for anymore. How much more money and attention does she honestly need?
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 06/24/2015 00:33
  • Post subject:
It Me Taylor Swift Literal Underdog
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 06/24/2015 01:55
  • Post subject:
Saoirse wrote:
I think Taylor Swift's story is so removed from the other 6.01 billion people on the planet that it's just impossible to really know what she's going for anymore. How much more money and attention does she honestly need?

This was never about her and what she does or doesn't need. This was about trying to make sure that other people weren't getting ripped off when they are in more need of what they work to get than she is and if she happens to score more respect from her standing up for those who work behind the scenes in the music business, well then so be it. My question is, has anyone backed her up at all any in her saying what she has said? So far I only know of one person: my most favorite singer James Otto. Smile Smile Smile

Thank you Taylor Swift you continue to prove yourself as the best, brightest and bravest in this strange period for music. Thanks for speaking truth to power and for standing for the rights of artists who's voice goes unheard or worse dismissed. http://taylorswift.tumblr.com/…/122071…/to-apple-love-taylor As Apple is among the wealthiest corporate entities on earth it should not be asking the already battered music community to bear the cost of launching their new streaming service.

God bless you and him and Taylor and who she was defending always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
paladisiac
= music

United States

• Posted: 06/24/2015 02:24
  • Post subject:
damn. was hoping this was a thread about epic caramel wrestling matches.
  • Visit poster's website
shoopadoowop

Canada

• Posted: 06/24/2015 04:17
  • Post subject:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
This was never about her and what she does or doesn't need. This was about trying to make sure that other people weren't getting ripped off when they are in more need of what they work to get than she is and if she happens to score more respect from her standing up for those who work behind the scenes in the music business, well then so be it. My question is, has anyone backed her up at all any in her saying what she has said? So far I only know of one person: my most favorite singer James Otto. Smile Smile Smile

Thank you Taylor Swift you continue to prove yourself as the best, brightest and bravest in this strange period for music. Thanks for speaking truth to power and for standing for the rights of artists who's voice goes unheard or worse dismissed. http://taylorswift.tumblr.com/…/122071…/to-apple-love-taylor As Apple is among the wealthiest corporate entities on earth it should not be asking the already battered music community to bear the cost of launching their new streaming service.

God bless you and him and Taylor and who she was defending always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

There's nothing wrong with liking Taylor Swift, but you have to understand that she's not looking out for anyone, she's not doing a good deed, she's just thinking for herself. The unfortunate truth is that it's about money, and only about money. I mean no offense, but if you think Taylor Swift is just being a good samaritan than I think you're sadly mistaken. Another thing is that today isn't a weird period for music, it's just the industry moving forward like it always has and always will.
  • Visit poster's website