ive seen footage
88%
 88%  [8]
Total Votes : 9

Gigantic

Christmas Island

• Posted: 07/08/2015 02:47
  • Post subject: I SAW DEATH GRIPS [a thorough overview]
performance art project. cult band. noise. meme. opinion on Death Grips is varied. but i got to see them. ye i saw them so hard.

my first curiosity was: what will the crowd be like? scenester douchebags? neckbeard virgin losers from /mu/? the answer was basically a sort of cream-filled donut, with an abundance of scenester douchebags on the outside, and a little creamy filling of fat unbathed greasy neckbeard virgin losers from /mu/ in the middle-centerstage. i had kids of both camps with me so i felt as if it gave me a sort of "free visa" to cross the boarders between the two, and boy was it a fucking human zoo. there was a dude greeting me as i went in smoking a cigarette who had anthony fantano tattoos on each of his cheeks. naturally i snapped a picture of him from right up in front of his fucking face.

he was elated.

there was even a dude with a mumford and sons sweater. RIGHT? anything goes!

now keep in mind that DG has bailed on toronto audiences THE LAST TWO TIMES that wed have gotten to c them - combine this with their break up (?) and the sense that this might b the last time any of us would get a chance to c them, and man, MAN. when mc ride walked out on stage i swear the whole crowd just shit their pants all at once it was the most nuts thing ive ever seen. when it comes down to ppl who cause an absolute shitstorm when they step on stage out of the ones ive seen i think it goes:

3. iggy pop

2. the pope

1. death grips

the crowd contracted on the stage like a shrinking sphincter in a matter of seconds and i felt myself drawn into the pit without even thinking about it. while inside sandwiched between some disgusting fat azn kid with a bowl cut and some disgusting methed out white trash twink with dreds i had an honest to goodness religious experience. i mean i actually just opened my mouth and just started making noises and speaking in tongues and shaking like some "higher power" had gripped my dick and was giving me the best fucking handjob you could ever imagine right in the middle of ive seen footage.

man that band COMMANDS the stage with a shockingly low amount of effort to the point where im almost certain that their reputation for unreliability and shaky stability as a band was a completely calculated performance dick tease meant to illicit the most hysterical crowd since beatles circa shea stadium. shit was absolutely fucked. this was four or five days ago and i still have tinnitus and the whole time there i felt this overwhelming feeling that what i was seeing was fucking IMPORTANT and shit.

totally forgot to scalp my extra tickets. ran my $90 but worth it.

any1 here been noided at DG?

add me on FESTIVE msn messanger

festive signature! ho ho ho!

⛄⛄⛄
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 07/08/2015 08:18
  • Post subject:
That sounds so fantastically uncool. I'd love to go to a Death Grips concert just for the experience of going, because your only choice is to either cynically cringe through the whole thing or just ride the wave. Having MC Ride violently shouting directly at me while entirely out of my head would be a religous experience.

By the sounds of it, he's a real performer and knows what the people want. Seems like you had a pretty unforgettable evening, and for that I'm pretty jealous.
Saoirse

• Posted: 07/08/2015 08:22
  • Post subject:
NOT funny! THAT'S SICK!

Obviously I can't get through to a bunch of playboy and playgirl fans. Enjoy your horrific desires.
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 07/08/2015 11:50
  • Post subject:
Saoirse wrote:
NOT funny! THAT'S SICK!

Obviously I can't get through to a bunch of playboy and playgirl fans. Enjoy your horrific desires.

Considering that JMan never got into /mu-core, maybe he's more mature than a lot of BEAers.
  • Visit poster's website
Le_Samurai

• Posted: 07/09/2015 11:40
  • Post subject:
I'm seeing them Saturday and I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be good, but if they pull some bullshit I'm gonna leave. At this point, them being dicks isn't interesting or artsy, it's just being a dick. Don't tour of you're not gonna show up.

On another point, I'm dying to hear Fuck Whose Watching live