Album of the day (#1701): Greatest Hits by Queen

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
PsychologistHD

United States

• Posted: 07/30/2015 18:33
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I also believe this should be taken off the site. I have no clue why it hasn't been.

Can someone explain to me why this is a popular opinion? Aren't there plenty of Compilation albums on this site as well as Greatest Hits albums?
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 07/30/2015 18:44
  • Post subject:
I once made a thread in 2010 called "I HATE COMPILATIONS", so I can say from experience that, if something hates the idea of compilations, they're most likely a virgin who never leaves their computer. Just saying (though Hayden probably breaks that rule; he may be getting even more than me).

Having compilations on the site just makes music so much more fun and social. In fact, if I had my way, I'd allow everyone to make their own bootleg mixes of favorite songs and add them to the database. That would be great.
  • Visit poster's website
Satie

• Posted: 07/30/2015 18:49
  • Post subject:
Applerill wrote:
even more than me

this part reads like a sexed up Kiki post Laughing
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 07/30/2015 18:52
  • Post subject:
permafrost wrote:
this part reads like a sexed up Kiki post Laughing

I'm glad. Anyway, my comment wasn't meant to be an ad hominem attack. What I'm just saying is that compilations (and playlists, the big data equivalent to compilations) run the world around us, and it's really elitist and close-minded to ignore them.
  • Visit poster's website
Satie

• Posted: 07/30/2015 18:58
  • Post subject:
oh, no, yeah, i agreed with your sentiment and the way you chose to express it. that just made me choke on my soda.
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/31/2015 01:02
  • Post subject:
permafrost wrote:
shhh you fool! only 17 albums have passed through the hallowed Romanelli Gates and onto 2010s year charts. also, the last three years have not yet happened.

First of all...who the hell are you?

I do not have a ton of 2010 decade music on my charts for, AGAIN, the following reason. Please read it and remember it so I don't have to fucking explain it to you in another 6 weeks.

I listen to new music. I do not feel the need to rush it onto my charts, and I do not feel the need to go out and buy everything that is new out there. For me, there is plenty of music still out there to be discovered, and 2015 (14,13,12) will still be there when I feel like getting deep into it and putting it on my chart. Do you get that?

And for whichever questionably talented user is making "albums" with "songs" and artwork directed at BEA users...that is completely pathetic. Grow up. (Does that really belong on BEA over a collection of Queen's greatest hits? Really? And on charts of the best of 2015?)

And please. "Dadrocker" is insulting and stupid.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
jhuik
BOSS

Canada

• Posted: 07/31/2015 02:35
  • Post subject:
Man, what a lot of stupid comments all in one thread. Queen was a collection of rock gods starting with the best front man of any band in any genre of music ever. They made a lot of great albums right through to the 80's, including Jazz and The Game. A lot of their albums were overshadowed by singles -- but what songs those were!!
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 07/31/2015 03:02
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:

I do not have a ton of 2010 decade music on my charts for, AGAIN, the following reason. Please read it and remember it so I don't have to fucking explain it to you in another 6 weeks.

I listen to new music. I do not feel the need to rush it onto my charts, and I do not feel the need to go out and buy everything that is new out there. For me, there is plenty of music still out there to be discovered, and 2015 (14,13,12) will still be there when I feel like getting deep into it and putting it on my chart. Do you get that?

And for whichever questionably talented user is making "albums" with "songs" and artwork directed at BEA users...that is completely pathetic. Grow up. (Does that really belong on BEA over a collection of Queen's greatest hits? Really? And on charts of the best of 2015?)

And please. "Dadrocker" is insulting and stupid.

I think its less the fact that you personally don't have charts from new years (I mean really who gives a shit about that) but that you seem to always passive aggressively attack those that do
  • Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 07/31/2015 03:15
  • Post subject:
Since when did a thread about a greatest hits album from Queen turn into a shouting match about 2010s chart and Apple's made-up music genres?
Satie

• Posted: 07/31/2015 03:45
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:

i'm a user on a forum you moderate. your job is to be diplomatic but you're the biggest fucking joke in that department. i was a forum regular for months named satiemaniac, and i've seen your antics day in and day out for over a year now, from deleting albums from the database that are a day from their release date cause someone wanted the mod points for them or EPs that meet the minimum req of 20 minutes or 5 tracks but don't sit well with you at whatever moment, to complaining constantly about people with 2010s albums somewhere in any chart to picking fights like you are right now with users you outrank and should be approaching with decorum worthy of your position. you make the forums a worse place constantly, the data moderation queue your personal monopoly despite having earned Level 8 several times over (don't mind those 2010s albums when they let you inflate e-peen, huh?), and you make the team running this website less credible every time you act out in the way you are right now.