How much are you willing to pay for a concert ticket?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
dmercado

United States

• Posted: 08/12/2015 02:02
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:

Matisyahu: $15

AWWWW DUUUUDDDEEE you just brought back bad memories of undergrad. Matisyahu was playing a free concert that I found out about and told my friends. Then my professor scheduled a night test the day of the concert and my friends wouldn't stop talking about how awesome the concert was for a week.

d'oh! Brick wall Not talking

My Charts at http://www.besteveralbums.com/usercharts.php?u=27982

My Radio Show at http://www.facebook.com/tender.wmbr
  • Visit poster's website
Decurso

Canada

• Posted: 08/12/2015 02:46
  • Post subject:
I paid 150 for Alice Cooper...but that was for front row tickets in an 800 seat theater. Alice Cooper was near the top of my bucket list, so not only was this well worth it, I also paid 100 bucks to take a taxi home.

I paid 100 for tickets to see Metallica on the Summer Sanitarium tour. Good value. Metallica played for two and a half hours, the show was amazing and it featured five bands playing for a combined total of something like 9 hours.

It really, really depends on a lot of things for me. Whether or not I can afford is the biggie, of course. But almost as important is whether or not I think I will get my moneys worth. There are probably about a dozen bands I would happily spend 100 bucks or more on. I would go as high as 150 for a very, very few. That is about my limit. I remember when paying a scalper 50 bucks for Stones tickets was hard to swallow.
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 08/12/2015 06:02
  • Post subject:
dmercado wrote:
benpaco wrote:

Matisyahu: $15

AWWWW DUUUUDDDEEE you just brought back bad memories of undergrad. Matisyahu was playing a free concert that I found out about and told my friends. Then my professor scheduled a night test the day of the concert and my friends wouldn't stop talking about how awesome the concert was for a week.

d'oh! Brick wall Not talking

Oh damn ... I put another $20 down on raffle tickets for some Jewish charity while I was there and won this bad boy:

He was really good live but kind of ... I dunno, cold after. He was supposed to meet the winners of the raffles and take pictures with us (there was the big raffle which was $5 tickets and a smaller $1 raffle for an official Matisyahu hat), but he said he wasn't in the mood when the people running the raffle asked, and went to the "VIP" section, at which point security told the people running the raffle that we had to leave.

Oh, and the people running the raffle made this up and put it on their site:

"13 year old Ben ... of ... California was the happy winner. Since he learned to play on his Dad’s guitar, this Voyage-Air is the first guitar that Ben has owned." I never learned to play on my dad's guitar. All I told them was that I thought I was entering a raffle for the other guitar displayed, which was signed by McCartney and his backing band, and that it was funny I won it when I did since my finger was in a splint. They asked if I played guitar and I explicitly said "I've always wanted to learn, but have never even held one".

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
dmercado

United States

• Posted: 08/12/2015 20:08
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:

Oh, and the people running the raffle made this up and put it on their site:

"13 year old Ben ... of ... California was the happy winner. Since he learned to play on his Dad’s guitar, this Voyage-Air is the first guitar that Ben has owned." I never learned to play on my dad's guitar. All I told them was that I thought I was entering a raffle for the other guitar displayed, which was signed by McCartney and his backing band, and that it was funny I won it when I did since my finger was in a splint. They asked if I played guitar and I explicitly said "I've always wanted to learn, but have never even held one".

Close enough, I guess... At least they got your name right! I wanna say that Matisyahu just had a migraine or diarrhea or something, but in combination with the false advertisement and made-up PR stunt, the whole story does give off some weird vibes. Now I'm doubting whether he's actually Jewish Think lol. At least the concert was pretty good and you got a guitar out of it, so that sounds like a good night to me!

My Charts at http://www.besteveralbums.com/usercharts.php?u=27982

My Radio Show at http://www.facebook.com/tender.wmbr
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 08/13/2015 03:37
  • Post subject:
dmercado wrote:
Close enough, I guess... At least they got your name right! I wanna say that Matisyahu just had a migraine or diarrhea or something, but in combination with the false advertisement and made-up PR stunt, the whole story does give off some weird vibes. Now I'm doubting whether he's actually Jewish Think lol. At least the concert was pretty good and you got a guitar out of it, so that sounds like a good night to me!

They spelled my last name wrong actually XD And IDK if you followed all the awful stuff he did, but he kicked a woman in the face and paid her $20 to not tell anyone about it, and did some other weird stuff. Still a good artist, but yeah.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Space-Dementia

United States

• Posted: 08/20/2015 01:11
  • Post subject:
I'd pay at most $50 or $60 for a show. But I get so excited when a show is less than $15. I'm going to a Wolf Alice show in September and it's $10.45. Like yes.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 08/20/2015 01:16
  • Post subject:
I just spent $25 on a ticket to Darius Rucker tomorrow. I'd say that is the limit to an artist I don't particular know too well. He's got a good handful of singles I enjoy, and I'm hoping he throws in a Hootie and the Blowfish song in the mix as well!

Anyways, I got the ticket since this week is the last week the majority of my homies are in town, and I am going to miss them so much! Sad All of us are squeezing in as much summer as possible for our last week together!
TracyJacks

Hungary

• Posted: 08/20/2015 13:08
  • Post subject:
I think the most expensive tickets I have bought so far were for Paul McCartney's conert, Roger Water's The Dark Side of the Moon concert and last year for Peter Gabriel's 'So' tour. Every ticket was between $50-65 - worth every penny, aside that they were all very good, I am not sure I will ever see them play live.
But I wouldn't pay so much money for every concerts also for the ones I really like.

For other concerts I like to go, I am willing to pay about $15-30, it depends on the artists, and the type of music (rock, jazz or classical).
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 08/20/2015 17:42
  • Post subject:
BurningBright wrote:
I just spent $25 on a ticket to Darius Rucker tomorrow. I'd say that is the limit to an artist I don't particular know too well. He's got a good handful of singles I enjoy, and I'm hoping he throws in a Hootie and the Blowfish song in the mix as well!

Anyways, I got the ticket since this week is the last week the majority of my homies are in town, and I am going to miss them so much! Sad All of us are squeezing in as much summer as possible for our last week together!

Hey! If it isn't asking too much, I'd love to read about how it all went for you! Every time that I see Darius singing on the TV, I can't help but smile, he just looks so happy up there on that stage getting to sing country music when his musical past takes place in such a different musical format. Smile Smile Smile

God bless you and him always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

P.S. I'd love to at least know if "True Believers" is still done. To me, that song did not get the radio time that I thought that it deserved, it was that good in my opinion.

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 08/20/2015 20:17
  • Post subject:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
BurningBright wrote:

Hey! If it isn't asking too much, I'd love to read about how it all went for you! Every time that I see Darius singing on the TV, I can't help but smile, he just looks so happy up there on that stage getting to sing country music when his musical past takes place in such a different musical format. Smile Smile Smile

God bless you and him always!!! Smile Smile Smile

Holly

P.S. I'd love to at least know if "True Believers" is still done. To me, that song did not get the radio time that I thought that it deserved, it was that good in my opinion.

His concert was moved to Sunday. One of the water lines at the venue broke. This puts me at a rough spot because I have work Sunday and it's going to be hard to get off since I will be one of the only supervisors available. If I do end up going, I will be more than happy to message you about it! Smile