Sleeping giants/friends are now awake.CHINA + RUSSIA +IRAN

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/11/2011 03:55
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
haven't even read what's been posted past the first one yet, but my thoughts anyways:

yeah, China's a superpower and may rise (if they haven't already to the most powerful in the world) but why does it matter? Does America really have to be #1? Is it really difficult for other Americans to imagine a prosperous America that isn't considered #1? ('cause we really know we always will be, am I right Cool )

Well, IMO the United States has been #1 for at least 65 years. But we know from history that no nation or kingdom or empire stays #1 for very long. You will want to give the Roman Empire as an example but it was only an actual Republic for 200 years.

100 years ago the sun never set on the British empire.

Once France controlled most of Europe.

Once Spain was #1. As was Egypt. And many others.

Personally, I see no indication that America will end up anything other than a third world nation in the near future.

But China's economy (even with the 1 company thet went to Sweeden) continues to grow. Just wait unti China starts producing cars.

So Bork, you are saying that China makes "junk" Maybe they do. But what does America make?

Why don't you take a trip to WalMart Bork and see how many things you can find that say MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Certainly you are old enough to remember when most things were MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Sorry Purple, but Bork is stepping on my foreskin.

Glad to see that you survived Hell week Purple Very Happy

In answer to your question a little more I would say that America's "TO BIG TO FAIL" mentality was a huge part of it's decline. A decline that IMO is ireversable.

I hope I am 100% wrong on this believe me.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:03
  • Post subject:
Keep clicking to enlarge.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:19
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Keep clicking to enlarge.

I can't read this very well Naples. What year is this from?

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:23
  • Post subject:

If I were investing in one of these nations I would have to go with China.

• Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:27
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Well, IMO the United States has been #1 for at least 65 years. But we know from history that no nation or kingdom or empire stays #1 for very long. You will want to give the Roman Empire as an example but it was only an actual Republic for 200 years.

100 years ago the sun never set on the British empire.

Once France controlled most of Europe.

Once Spain was #1. As was Egypt. And many others.

Personally, I see no indication that America will end up anything other than a third world nation in the near future.

But China's economy (even with the 1 company thet went to Sweeden) continues to grow. Just wait unti China starts producing cars.

So Bork, you are saying that China makes "junk" Maybe they do. But what does America make?

Why don't you take a trip to WalMart Bork and see how many things you can find that say MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Certainly you are old enough to remember when most things were MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Sorry Purple, but Bork is stepping on my foreskin.

Glad to see that you survived Hell week Purple :D

In answer to your question a little more I would say that America's "TO BIG TO FAIL" mentality was a huge part of it's decline. A decline that IMO is ireversable.

I hope I am 100% wrong on this believe me.

Here we go again. One innocent (and in my objective opinion fair) comment and we head down the bashing route. Let me start by offering an apology and stepping of your foreskin, I thought it was a worm, before explaining what I meant.

Yes, China makes junk, so does everyone else. Most of the things manufactured in this world that is nuts for stuff is junk. That remark was not intended to praise anyone elses manufacturing industry as qualitatively better (which it also didn't). What I am saying, and the reason for including the sole incidental evidence that happened to come to mind, is that I believe China will experience, actually already is experiencing, that it can no longer just grab all the world's manufacturing because of the comparatively lower cost. That advantage will disappear. On the same note we don't have to wait until China starts producing cars. Last year they made some 18 million of them (compared to a few short of 8 in the US).

Like Naples post with the comparison between the countries I believe it is always better to keep a cool head and calmly look at the actual situation instead of getting up on a barricade and start shouting the worst things we can think of just to rally the masses. The one thing we need to hope for in order to keep living in a civilized world where the population of US can lead a decent life is that China keeps their progress calm. If they do the nation will most likely develop into a mature nation where low production cost is no longer their main claim to fame. They will also be a very powerful nation, but like someone else hinted at before, people in other countries that aren't the biggest and baddest in the world are able to provide a decent living standard for their population.
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:30
  • Post subject:
besides freedom, our most valuable export is our educated. Even though our secondary (and downward) education system is kind of flimsy, we still produce a very large amount of under-grads and grads which serve to forward science and technology more than most nations (if you look at the nobel laureates in physics of the past 20-ish years, we have the most by far).

The reason China makes all the goods is because it's not economically sound for us to make them, we don't have cheap labor (because we have better educated people, generally, raising their price). The day you start seeing "made in U.S.A." in everything at Walmart is the day you need to start worrying
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:41
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
besides freedom, our most valuable export is our educated. Even though our secondary (and downward) education system is kind of flimsy, we still produce a very large amount of under-grads and grads which serve to forward science and technology more than most nations (if you look at the nobel laureates in physics of the past 20-ish years, we have the most by far).

The reason China makes all the goods is because it's not economically sound for us to make them, we don't have cheap labor (because we have better educated people, generally, raising their price). The day you start seeing "made in U.S.A." in everything at Walmart is the day you need to start worrying

I agree with you. The problem with our not making, for example, steel, unlike China who is far and away the biggest producer of steel and has a virtual monopoly on rare earth production, is that China can immediately increase it's weapons production, like tanks etc., while America would first have to construct the foundries before they could even start.

When the Allies started bombing Germany once they achieved air superiority in Europe it's the German factories that were the main targets.

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:44
  • Post subject:
[But Here we go again. One innocent (and in my objective opinion fair) comment and we head down the bashing route. Let me start by offering an apology and stepping of your foreskin, I thought it was a worm, before explaining what I meant.

Bork, size doesn't matter Liar

• Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:46
  • Post subject:
well if we're talking war, I'm still not worried. It would be the west against the east, and frankly the west has better military technology (even though the east is always flaunting their military it seems)
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/11/2011 04:46
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

Our music and movies are a valuable export also.

Well, with the exception of Justin Bieber music Embarassed

• Visit poster's website