Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/16/2015 20:05
  • Post subject: S I N G L E B O Y S listen to the RYM top 2000 singles
S I N G L E B O Y S

Me, Applerill and Precedent are gonna listen to the RYM's top 2000 singles cos we're pure mental. We will listen, comment and rate each one, all in this thread right here, on a daily/semi-daily basis. Whether we will do this going from 2000-1 or 1-2000 we don't know yet, but we should figure out fairly soon.

This is the list we shall use.

SuedeSwede wrote:
yeah excluding archival & live from this, I think, would be beneficial. we'll start doing this daily tomorrow, so that gives anyone who's just seen this time to reply & join the group, etc. for tomorrow. we're going from 2000-1, but there's no need to look up the singles yourself on the RYM charts as I'll just post here daily with which 5 singles you need to listen to with the RYM links attached!

if you want to join basically just give me or alel your skype and we'll add you to the group or if you already have us just reply and one of us'll add you. it's obviously not mandatory you follow along, but if you want to we'll be doing 5 singles a day

the way this is going to work is we're going to listen to the full single, i.e. if it's A/B, listen to both sides, or a 4-track single or whatever, listen to all the tracks unless it's a single with a load of remixes tacked onto the end as this could get a bit monotonous and lengthy to listen to the whole single. obviously, you can listen to the *whole* remix single if you want, but it's not what the rest of us is doin'.

Last edited by alelsupreme on 09/16/2015 21:34; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2015 20:10
  • Post subject:
First question for us B O Y S: Is "Wouldn't It Be Nice/God Only Knows" the greatest single of all time?

It's not my #1 favorite, but it's definitely in my top 100, and may even get into my top 50 some day. It definitely doesn't have an imperfect moment for those 6 minutes of heaven.

What do you other B O Y S think?

(If you wanna go backwards, I'm cool with that, but I thought this would be a decent start)
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 09/16/2015 20:13
  • Post subject:
I'm down, would rather go in descending order tbh.
ShaneSpear
Thread Killah

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2015 20:32
  • Post subject:
Don't forget to share a common list before you start, because the top 2000 will obviously change as you go through it.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2015 20:45
  • Post subject:
Well, right now #2000 is Steppenwolf's "The Pusher/Your Wall's Too High", and other ones near there are 2015 Death Grips, "Realiti", 2014 D'Angelo, and "Rocket Man". There's good stuff, but I definitely prefer the top part of this 2000 set (sans all the stupid Smiths singles).

Last edited by Applerill on 09/16/2015 20:48; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 09/16/2015 20:48
  • Post subject:
Applerill wrote:
Well, right now #2000 is Steppenwolf's "The Pusher/Your Wall's Too High", and other ones near there are 2015 Death Grips, "Realiti", 2014 D'Angelo, and "Rocket Man".

Wait, it says Lead Belly's 'Ain't You Glad' / 'Irene' is at #2000 for me.
Satie

• Posted: 09/16/2015 20:52
  • Post subject:
yeah fun fact navigating to the overall charts on RYM through clicking on the overall link on an album page actually gives you a different chart than going through the charts tab.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/16/2015 21:15
  • Post subject:
yeah excluding archival & live from this, I think, would be beneficial. we'll start doing this daily tomorrow, so that gives anyone who's just seen this time to reply & join the group, etc. for tomorrow. we're going from 2000-1, but there's no need to look up the singles yourself on the RYM charts as I'll just post here daily with which 5 singles you need to listen to with the RYM links attached!

if you want to join basically just give me or alel your skype and we'll add you to the group or if you already have us just reply and one of us'll add you. it's obviously not mandatory you follow along, but if you want to we'll be doing 5 singles a day

the way this is going to work is we're going to listen to the full single, i.e. if it's A/B, listen to both sides, or a 4-track single or whatever, listen to all the tracks unless it's a single with a load of remixes tacked onto the end as this could get a bit monotonous and lengthy to listen to the whole single. obviously, you can listen to the *whole* remix single if you want, but it's not what the rest of us is doin'.

5 singles for today tomorrow are:

R.E.M. - The Great Beyond (2000)
Death Grips - On GP (2015)
The Antlers - Two (2009)
John Foxx - Underpass / Film One (1980)
Steppenwolf - The Pusher / Your Wall's Too High (1970)

skype discussions will start on friday so this gives everyone tomorrow to listen to them, then discuss the next day. happy listening! :3

Last edited by SuedeSwede on 09/16/2015 21:33; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/16/2015 21:32
  • Post subject:
This is the list we shall use.
  • Visit poster's website
PsychologistHD

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2015 21:57
  • Post subject: Re: S I N G L E B O Y S listen to the RYM top 2000 singles
alelsupreme wrote:
S I N G L E B O Y S

Missed opportunity for a better name: Autism Collective

alelsupreme wrote:
Me, Applerill and Precedent are gonna listen to the RYM's top 2000 singles cos we're pure mental. We will listen, comment and rate each one, all in this thread right here, on a daily/semi-daily basis. Whether we will do this going from 2000-1 or 1-2000 we don't know yet, but we should figure out fairly soon.

Sounds cool. Would love to join but major pleb here has to listen to more albums. I'm way behind.

alelsupreme wrote:

#Justice4Remixez
  • Visit poster's website