High ranked albums you hate by artists you like

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
The Mubla

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/12/2011 11:24
  • Post subject: High ranked albums you hate by artists you like
and why lol

I had to start this topic Smile dTheres quite a few albums from bands I like that are critically acclaimed but I hate them and much prefer others in their catalogue. The big one that springs to mind is Revolver. I'm a Beatles fan but I find it dull, boring, corny (thanks paul) i know its hugely innovative especially tommorow never knows but innovation isnt everything. a collection of great songs that you want to listen to over and over again make a great album. this is why i like the catchyness and mostly upbeat hard days night. I dont know if its also the production that makes me dislike revolvrer, dunno its just colourless and bland.

Another album thats a good example is a night at the opera. Queen- amazing band, amazing songs, amazing musicians but serously? is it highly ranked because of bo rap? because apart from youre my best friend most of the songs are awful. im in love with my car -_- '39', good company...queen 2 is superior, sheer heart attack is superior.

anyway what about you guys?
cartoken
The Seer

France

• Posted: 04/12/2011 12:34
  • Post subject:
from the BEA overall chart, i would say Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not by arctic monkeys, a quite good album, but the 61st best album ever, that is just too much. the other one is Neon Bible, a flat album by a usually very inspired band.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 04/12/2011 13:07
  • Post subject:
I agree about Revolver. It's a good album, but not close to a masterpiece. The Beatles have done three close to perfect albums (Sgt. Pepper's, Abbey Road, and Rubber Soul) and another three that are better than Revolver.

I also find it odd whenever I see Are You Experienced ranked as the best Jimi album. Again a case of a good album, but in the original version (without the added bonus tracks of Hey Joe, Purple Haze, The Wind Cries Mary and Highway Chile) it stands short when compared to the two that followed.
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 04/12/2011 15:04
  • Post subject:
great call on are you experienced? bork. i think people just choose that album because they recognise the hit songs from it.

I would also say Highway 61 is my least favourite of Bob Dylan's that I've listened to (and I've listened to his top 4) and I think it's the least interesting or innovative.

As much as I love Radiohead i think The Bends and In Rainbows are too high for what its worth.

and it's amzing looking through it now how many just in the top 100 i'm shaking my head at (but their by bands I generally don't like anyway)

and I've always liked Modest Mouse but the moon And Antarctica is my least favourite by them.
cartoken
The Seer

France

• Posted: 04/12/2011 15:31
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:

I also find it odd whenever I see Are You Experienced ranked as the best Jimi album. Again a case of a good album, but in the original version (without the added bonus tracks of Hey Joe, Purple Haze, The Wind Cries Mary and Highway Chile) it stands short when compared to the two that followed.

never realised that my version was a reissue Shocked .the album (currently in my top 10) will probably quit my chart Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Postmodern_Beatnik

United States

• Posted: 04/12/2011 16:52
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
I agree about Revolver. It's a good album, but not close to a masterpiece. The Beatles have done three close to perfect albums (Sgt. Pepper's, Abbey Road, and Rubber Soul) and another three that are better than Revolver.

Not this...

Bork wrote:

...but this! That album is overrated even with those tracks added. Electric Ladyland is just multitudes better!!

But Sgt. Pepper's sucks in my opinion. Rubber Soul > Revolver > Abbey Road > Sgt. Pepper

Then again, I'm not the biggest Beatles fan...
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 04/12/2011 17:03
  • Post subject:
Postmodern_Beatnik wrote:
Rubber Soul > Revolver > Abbey Road > Sgt. Pepper

Laughing I'm literally the exact opposite
The Mubla

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/12/2011 18:17
  • Post subject:
white album> rubber soul> abbey road> sgt pepper> revolver
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 04/12/2011 21:53
  • Post subject:
Abbey Road>............................. Revolver> Rubber Soul> The White Album> Sgt Peppers
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/12/2011 22:14
  • Post subject:
Neon Bible
Absolution
The Bends
Highway 61 Revisited
The Joshua Tree
The White Album
&
Ziggy Stardust.

All albums that are big, by artists I like, but I don't like the album.