4th Annual BEAMAs - Praise for AOTY Nominee Run The Jewels 2

View previous topic :: View next topic
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 11/24/2015 21:25
  • Post subject: 4th Annual BEAMAs - Praise for AOTY Nominee Run The Jewels 2

...written by WindowAbove

I'M FINNA BANG THIS BITCH THE FUCK OUT: Run the Jewels 2 is a display of immense talent from Jaime Meline, who raps and produces as El-P, & Michael Render, who raps as Killer Mike. The lyrics go from a variety of different subjects, from more braggadocios stuff about what makes them great, to more conscious and socially aware raps, and to their problems with fuckboys. The former appears on songs like “Oh My Darling Don’t Cry”, which has one of the most awesome beats you’ll hear this decade, as well as “Jeopardy” with a very hard-hitting slow beat, while the latter appears on songs like “Early”, with Mike’s harrowing description of an incident he experienced with police brutality. The calmer and slower beats appear on tracks like “All My Life” and “Crown”, which complement the lyrics well, while the first half is loaded with banging aggressive production that makes you want to go crazy dismantling shit. The lyrics are often funny: “You can all run naked backwards through a field of dicks”, while also often introspective on tracks like “Angel Duster”, which deals with religion in some verses. This album for me is the best rap album of last year, along with Pinata. This is an accumulation of the many years of great work from both of these artists. I can go on about the album, but many others have stated what makes this such an amazing release as well. This is an epic and wonderfully arranged album and it will no doubt de one of the albums that people decades from now will look back on nostalgically as a reference point on how great the 2010s were for music.

• Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 11/24/2015 21:30
  • Post subject:
Despite being my least favorite El-P project and far from my favorite KM project, this was still dope and tbh I have no real beef with its AOTY consensus (these two have been doing dope shit for over a decade and it's about time they got the spotlight, even if it is for one of their lesser works)
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 11/30/2015 12:00
  • Post subject:
So, are the people who wrote the rest of AOTY nominees write-ups still on the forum? And do they still have them saved anywhere? I got them from Jhereko via PMs, but now that he deleted his account, they're kind of lost in space somewhere.
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 11/30/2015 15:22
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
So, are the people who wrote the rest of AOTY nominees write-ups still on the forum? And do they still have them saved anywhere? I got them from Jhereko via PMs, but now that he deleted his account, they're kind of lost in space somewhere.

I believe I sent you one for They Want My Soul awhile back, I can send it again if you want.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 11/30/2015 15:37
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
I believe I sent you one for They Want My Soul awhile back, I can send it again if you want.

Ah yes, I have that one. But not the ones that people sent to Jhereko
  • Visit poster's website