I'm Sorry Mother

View previous topic :: View next topic
TheWestIsTheBest

• Posted: 02/04/2016 17:28
  • Post subject: I'm Sorry Mother
Not exactly sure how to do this music diary thing, but lack of knowledge has never stopped me before. I'll be updating this every once in a while documenting what bands, albums or songs that I get briefly obsessed with before I move on to something else. Also, will be talking about some of my favorite albums and artists that are always something I revisit and listen to often. I am always welcome to talking about music any time of the day, so if you like, hate, or don't care about what I'm listening to let me know!

Currently I am listening to Meliora by Ghost (Ghost BC? not sure what they are called now). Haven't delved into their other 2 albums but have heard about them quite a bit. I do enjoy the album as a whole and don't have any explicit problems with it as of yet. I am, however, currently listening very closely to give a more in depth overview of the album. Anyone else listening to, or have listened to Meliora? Love it, hate it, don't care about it, would love to hear anyones views on it.

Good day.

(By the way as of now, I am not level 2 so I cannot use the BEA link feature.)
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 02/04/2016 17:35
  • Post subject:
My favorite Ghost release, though it goes back and forth with Opus Eponymous depending on my mood. For those craving bands like Coven, Blue Oyster Cult, and Sorcery but with slick production values it's pretty much a solid look. I love a good deal of this album including "From the Pinnacle to the Pit", "Absolution", "Deus in Absentia" and yes, "Cirice" which has surprisingly gotten a ridiculous amount of radioplay on my local hard rock FM radio station. I understand a lot of folks issues with Ghost seeming bland or a shallow imitation of BOC and similar acts but I personally find them interesting enough to stand out on their own. I like their atmosphere and I like their songwriting.
  • Visit poster's website
TheWestIsTheBest

• Posted: 02/04/2016 20:26
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
My favorite Ghost release, though it goes back and forth with Opus Eponymous depending on my mood. For those craving bands like Coven, Blue Oyster Cult, and Sorcery but with slick production values it's pretty much a solid look. I love a good deal of this album including "From the Pinnacle to the Pit", "Absolution", "Deus in Absentia" and yes, "Cirice" which has surprisingly gotten a ridiculous amount of radioplay on my local hard rock FM radio station. I understand a lot of folks issues with Ghost seeming bland or a shallow imitation of BOC and similar acts but I personally find them interesting enough to stand out on their own. I like their atmosphere and I like their songwriting.

Yes I'm looking deeper into their lyrics currently and I do love their songwriting as well. And Ghost definitely has its own air and atmosphere that does differentiate themselves from their influences. I'm really surprised about "Cirice" as well, but I do love that song. I haven't really given thought to what my favorite songs are as individuals as I've only been listening to the album as a whole. But I will be going more in depth with my likes and dislikes soon.
  • Visit poster's website
FlorianJones

United States

• Posted: 02/05/2016 04:30
  • Post subject: Re: I'm Sorry Mother
TheWestIsTheBest wrote:
(By the way as of now, I am not level 2 so I cannot use the BEA link feature.)

Just in case you don't know, I figure I'd mention that you get 2 points for each chart entry. Therefore you can become a level two the moment you sign up just by making a 25 entry overall chart. (not quite the moment you sign up, because you do have to wait for the system to refresh to get points, which happens about every 3 hours) Anyway, glad to see a new member diving headfirst into the forums.
TheWestIsTheBest

• Posted: 02/06/2016 03:24
  • Post subject: Re: I'm Sorry Mother
TannerVHalv wrote:
Just in case you don't know, I figure I'd mention that you get 2 points for each chart entry. Therefore you can become a level two the moment you sign up just by making a 25 entry overall chart. (not quite the moment you sign up, because you do have to wait for the system to refresh to get points, which happens about every 3 hours) Anyway, glad to see a new member diving headfirst into the forums.

I didn't know that thanks!
TheWestIsTheBest

• Posted: 02/06/2016 05:27
  • Post subject:
I thought this would be an appropriate place to share with everyone what is hands down my favorite album of all time. Although I can't predict what album or artist will come to my attention, I don't see any album topping this.

The album is "The Light That Dwells in Rotten Wood" by Maine, folk inspired, black metal act Falls of Rauros. I can't begin to explain the extent of how much this album hits me emotionally. I am not sure if anyone will like the album, if its good or not, but being honest I couldn't care less. Something about the atmosphere and the sound hits me in a way that no other song, album, or anything for that matter has. I will listen to this often late at night and drift off in the darkness and follow the emotions of the music. I don't expect anyone to get this same feeling towards this album, and I'm happy about that, one of the many beautiful things about music and art in general.

The album cover perfectly describes the atmosphere and feeling of this record. The production is not the best, but I feel like it actually helps with the vibe of the record. It sounds like the screams and howls are echoing through the misty, mountainous forests of Maine.

I could really go on for ages about this album, but theres no need. If you are into black metal that has folk influences, and is focused on atmosphere, give this a listen.

(Again I apologize for not doing the BEA link, I forgot to do a chart to get to level 2.)