Can we display more than 10 albums at a time?

View previous topic :: View next topic
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 02/20/2016 19:09
  • Post subject: Can we display more than 10 albums at a time?
I don't think I'm alone, but I find it annoying to refresh the page 9 times just to see another user's chart in its entirety. I'm willing to bet most of the time users just look at another user's top 10, and then move on. Even when we do look through an entire chart, by the time we're on page 10, we probably forgot what was on page 3. We couldn't forget if we could see them all at once.

Can we display more than 10 albums at a time? All 100 would be nice. If that would be too difficult to implement, what about 25 or 50? This would allow us see another user's entire chart quicker. And we would see albums further down the list we wouldn't have otherwise cause we didn't feel like going through 10 separate pages.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 02/20/2016 19:59
  • Post subject:
Rumor has it this will be an option available to premium members whenever that feature becomes available
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/21/2016 10:05
  • Post subject:
Yes, it is on the list to be done. The main issue for me is trying to find enough time to get everything finished.
  • Visit poster's website
neilgee
Bless the list makers

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/21/2016 22:14
  • Post subject: Re: Can we display more than 10 albums at a time?
StreetSpirit wrote:
I don't think I'm alone, but I find it annoying to refresh the page 9 times just to see another user's chart in its entirety. I'm willing to bet most of the time users just look at another user's top 10, and then move on. Even when we do look through an entire chart, by the time we're on page 10, we probably forgot what was on page 3. We couldn't forget if we could see them all at once.

Can we display more than 10 albums at a time? All 100 would be nice. If that would be too difficult to implement, what about 25 or 50? This would allow us see another user's entire chart quicker. And we would see albums further down the list we wouldn't have otherwise cause we didn't feel like going through 10 separate pages.

You are not alone and it's an excellent comment. In theory if we could see 100 albums at a time (which we already can when we edit our own charts) then we would get around the site ten times faster, which has got to be good for the site.

Unless of course it is to be a priveledge of paying members. In that case it won't make a lot of difference.
  • Visit poster's website