Music Collection

View previous topic :: View next topic
Chemical Smile

Guatemala

• Posted: 04/28/2011 11:58
  • Post subject: Music Collection
Well, after months of avoidance, i've finally got all my music onto 1 harddrive. It took 29 hours to copy into iTunes, but was worth the effort as i now have 30,270 songs to choose from (which gives me 84.9 days of continuous listening according to iTunes Shocked ). This is an accumulation of 15 years of music buying, going back to cd's I bought while still at high school, to the latest downloads, and even a couple of vinyl-rips! It's a very varied collection, with Reggae looking like the biggest genre, next to Alternative. Future shuffles should make very interesting listening....just have to spent some time now sorting out the album-art!
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 04/28/2011 15:54
  • Post subject: Re: Music Collection
Chemical Smile wrote:
Future shuffles should make very interesting listening....just have to spent some time now sorting out the album-art!

That's what I like best about having put the entire collection on a hard drive and hooking up the computer to the hi-fi. The shuffle opportunities. I have spent a great deal of time categorizing stuff as well which makes it possible to just do "random everything", "random be-bop", "random rock & roll from the 1990's", "random up-tempo contemporary country", or what have you. Love it.
  • Visit poster's website
Chemical Smile

Guatemala

• Posted: 04/28/2011 19:48
Bork wrote:
Chemical Smile wrote:
Future shuffles should make very interesting listening....just have to spent some time now sorting out the album-art!

That's what I like best about having put the entire collection on a hard drive and hooking up the computer to the hi-fi. The shuffle opportunities. I have spent a great deal of time categorizing stuff as well which makes it possible to just do "random everything", "random be-bop", "random rock & roll from the 1990's", "random up-tempo contemporary country", or what have you. Love it.

I think if anyone has a look at the "Your MP3 player on shuffle: first 30 songs to come up" thread, they'll see that i'm no stranger to the joys of "random everything"! Laughing
I have to say, I've only got halfway through the letter "a" for the album-art, and already there's been an interesting mix of music (strangely enough - a lot of classical chillout stuff that I don't tend to listen much to lately, but that will change)....
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 04/28/2011 23:01
Chemical Smile wrote:
Well, after months of avoidance, i've finally got all my music onto 1 harddrive. It took 29 hours to copy into iTunes, but was worth the effort as i now have 30,270 songs to choose from (which gives me 84.9 days of continuous listening according to iTunes Shocked ). This is an accumulation of 15 years of music buying, going back to cd's I bought while still at high school, to the latest downloads, and even a couple of vinyl-rips! It's a very varied collection, with Reggae looking like the biggest genre, next to Alternative. Future shuffles should make very interesting listening....just have to spent some time now sorting out the album-art!

How many albums does that come to?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website