Concerts you missed that left you devastated (venting time)

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
FoxInTheSnow

• Posted: 03/27/2016 22:11
  • Post subject: Concerts you missed that left you devastated (venting time)
The subject is pretty self explanatory.

As far as missing concerts that I actually had tickets for: I currently have a nasty cold that I've had for a week so I will be missing a Joanna Newsom concert tonight that I have been looking forward to for ages (I am so so so very disappointed about this one). I also missed Conor Oberst because I couldn't get a ride (I heard he had a one-way conversation with a fly that landed on his guitar at that concert), The Decemberists because I was sick, a solo Colin Meloy concert because I had rehearsal, and Death Cab because I was sick. I think I need a better immune system Sad

As far as concerts that were nearby but couldn't end up getting tickets to: Tori Amos the last time she toured (I don't remember why we missed that one), Belle & Sebastian (my favorite band) bc we were traveling at the exact date they would be local.

What have you guys missed?
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 03/27/2016 22:18
  • Post subject:
I'm broke all the time, so I miss all the concerts I would like to go to. Leaves me quite devastated.
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 03/27/2016 22:30
  • Post subject:
Yeah, it sucks when you have to miss a concert. I also missed the chance to see Belle & Sebastian play both Tigermilk and If You're Feeling Sinister at the Royal Albert Hall in June because the tickets were sold out as soon as it was announced. But then what really annoys me is that there are some concerts that I wasn't even aware of. Like, I didn't hear about Joanna Newsom playing here until a few weeks after it had happened, At The Drive-In were playing here just yesterday and I didn't hear about it until the day before. Then I have to miss artists that I want to see, but I couldn't make time for: Tame Impala, Neil Young, Pixies and Kendrick Sad

On the plus side, I am seeing Sigur Rós in June, so that will be fun Very Happy
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 03/27/2016 23:21
  • Post subject:
a friend of mine ended up with two extra tickets to see radiohead in seattle (2-3 hour drive from here). she called me as soon as she realized. this was six hours before the show started.

i didn't have my phone on me, so she left a message saying that she was leaving for seattle, but if i wanted the tickets, i needed to swing by her brother's house, which is an hour drive in the wrong direction.

anyway, i got the message about an hour before the show started. that was pretty sad.

on the bright side, she called during the show and held her phone high so i could hear part of the concert.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 03/27/2016 23:31
  • Post subject:
I flat out forgot to go to Krill's farewell show. Like I'd carved out the day and put it on my calendar and just forgot.

I also didn't bother to go to Flowers Taped To Pens' final show for just $10 because I didn't know them at the time, then just 2 months later fell head over heels for them.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Lachapelle

Canada

• Posted: 03/27/2016 23:55
  • Post subject:
De La Soul no-showed last summer..

I was late getting to the show and was going crazy stressing that I'd miss it, and I finally got there only about 20 minutes late, only to find one MC on the stage who I didn't recognize. I asked the first person I saw what the hell was going on and apparently they just didn't show up.

Such a disappointment.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 03/28/2016 01:14
  • Post subject:
I am sure regretting now all of the times that late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal came to my area and I didn't go. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 03/28/2016 01:14
  • Post subject:
This past summer, I was gonna go see Jason Aldean with a few of my close friends and a girl I was seeing at the time. We pregamed hard, but one of my friends decided to pregame with a lot of 91 proof whiskey. He got himself knocked out cold from drinking so much. He ended up waking up, calling his mother to come get him, throwing up inside that girl's car, and passing out again. People started heading into the venue and the cops started questioning us heavily, so we decided to drive away and meet his mother at the nearest gas station to drop him off. He mother was scolding like crazy, we couldn't get back into the venue, and me and that girl ended things that night. Blew off $70 for a ticket to a concert I couldn't get back into. Wasn't so upset that I missed Jason Aldean, I was more upset that what was supposed to be a fantastic night ended up being the complete opposite.

Also, $70? What was I thinking at the time? Wasting $70 on a ticket to an artist I could care less for, that's what girls will do to me.
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 03/28/2016 02:22
  • Post subject:
MBV, because I moved to Austin ~week after their show and couldn't get there any sooner.

Andy Stott/Demdike Stare/Millie & Andrea, because it was a work night. Since this show, my girlfriend and I have pledged to never skip a show for fear of tiredness.

I'm sure there are others, but upcoming shows are gonna be Chick Corea/Bela Fleck and Wayne Shorter/Herbie Hancock because I refuse to pay the ticket prices, which are 3x as much as I've paid to see anyone else, and that's for shitty seats.
Decurso

Canada

• Posted: 03/28/2016 12:41
  • Post subject:
Too many!

In my early teens I was a big metal fan, and I really wanted to see my favourite bands live, but it seemed like something always got in the way. In 1984, Quiet Riot played in Victoria, which was a big deal as we didn't get a lot of big concerts in those days. After going to considerable trouble to find an adult willing to take me....I got rounded for tricking my sister into drinking toilet water and couldn't go. I don't ever listen to Quiet Riot anymore, but I still regret that one.

The following year I had tickets for Helix and the show got cancelled for reasons I forget. Another band I don't really listen to anymore, although I did catch them in 1988.

Missed Alice Cooper in 1987 because I got dragged on a family ski trip. Finally crossed The Coop off my bucket list in 2013.

I missed Mojo Nixon in 1990 because I had to work. This one really irritates me because these days I just book time off work if I want to see a show-or call in sick. Mad at myself for not thinking of that.

Found out Killdozer had been in town for their farewell tour-a week after the fact. That sucked.

A few years ago B.B. King played Victoria and by the time I found out about it, tickets were sold out. I would have made more of an effort to get tickets through the internet, but Leonard Cohen was playing the same day so I went to that instead. Still, when King died I was pretty bummed at missing that show.

Last September System of a Down were in town and I was just too damned poor to go. They're on my bucket list, but money has been in short supply lately, so I had to pass.

Live Albums

Death Metal
  • Visit poster's website