Lowest overall ranked in your top 100

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
LoneStarRebel

• Posted: 04/19/2016 17:26
  • Post subject:
Zombeels wrote:
How do you find the rankings? I typed in 3 different albums and nothing came up.

You need a chart, as it is there you'll see the rankings.
Zombeels

Canada

• Posted: 04/19/2016 17:41
  • Post subject:
LoneStarRebel wrote:
Don't think I can make a chart. Only a level 1 member.
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2016 17:55
  • Post subject:
Zombeels wrote:
LoneStarRebel wrote:
Don't think I can make a chart. Only a level 1 member.

Level 1 members can make charts of up to 40 albums.
HarryLuke

• Posted: 04/25/2016 06:37
  • Post subject:
She will have her way - Various artists
Comes in at 30/100 and has a rank of 29
It is in one other chart
  • Visit poster's website
jackbrown8786

• Posted: 04/25/2016 07:58
  • Post subject:
how to find a new album:

1. click overall chart
2. go through the albums until you find one that you haven't yet listened to

you're more likely to enjoy that one than one biased person's favorite record that no one else likes. that's what this site is for: an aggregate of all biases cancels biases out for the most part. it's why we don't have to ask q's like this. if the first album you haven't yet heard is ranked at #345, lucky you - not just one biased person gave that to you, but every biased person on this site indirectly gave that to you. if you care for some random guy's opinion, then you should realize the value of everyone's opinions combined. if this thread was for a specific genre or you only wanted input from those with a specific personality it'd make a bit more sense, seeing as how we can't sort albums on this site by their genre and someone's personality/IQ isn't a factor in determining an album's placement....

I don't have charts, but the records I own that are viewed as negligible by the standards of you guys are all death/black/thrash metal or hip hop. my fav hip hop album that you guys don't care much for is Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth's Mecca and the Soul Brother. for metal it's Deicide's self-titled debut. happy? you shouldn't be. take my earlier advice and stick to albums higher on the list that you haven't yet heard.

of course for some people (HIPSTERS, COUGH!) the higher the "greatness to popularity ratio" is, the more precious it is.... if that's the case for you, continue on, lol.
  • Visit poster's website
zdwyatt

United States

• Posted: 04/25/2016 13:36
  • Post subject:

Juarez by Terry Allen

#18,074

Juarez is a dark album that requires an effort on the part of the listener. You have to give the characters a chance and hear their story before the complexities of this wonderful album will truly unfold. Believe me, it's worth the time.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 04/26/2016 00:44
  • Post subject:

Live In Greenwich Village: The Complete...bert Ayler

Im pretty sure it's this, sorry for the pleb list Sad
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/26/2016 00:54
  • Post subject:
jackbrown8786 wrote:
how to find a new album:

1. click overall chart

you're more likely to enjoy that one than one biased person's favorite record that no one else likes. that's what this site is for: an aggregate of all biases cancels biases out for the most part. it's why we don't have to ask q's like this. if the first album you haven't yet heard is ranked at #345, lucky you - not just one biased person gave that to you, but every biased person on this site indirectly gave that to you. if you care for some random guy's opinion, then you should realize the value of everyone's opinions combined. if this thread was for a specific genre or you only wanted input from those with a specific personality it'd make a bit more sense, seeing as how we can't sort albums on this site by their genre and someone's personality/IQ isn't a factor in determining an album's placement....

I don't have charts, but the records I own that are viewed as negligible by the standards of you guys are all death/black/thrash metal or hip hop. my fav hip hop album that you guys don't care much for is Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth's Mecca and the Soul Brother. for metal it's Deicide's self-titled debut. happy? you shouldn't be. take my earlier advice and stick to albums higher on the list that you haven't yet heard.

of course for some people (HIPSTERS, COUGH!) the higher the "greatness to popularity ratio" is, the more precious it is.... if that's the case for you, continue on, lol.

how would you have ever found those two albums if you decided to go through the overall?
  • Visit poster's website
BrandonMiaow

• Posted: 04/26/2016 01:20
  • Post subject:
jackbrown8786 wrote:
how to find a new album:

1. click overall chart

Breaking news!!!! Personal taste now known as bias!! I don't know how you don't realize, considering how you admitted metal and hip hop isn't well represented on the overall, that it is just as "biased" as any personal chart. Adding a bunch of "bias" together doesn't un-bias you know. that would assume there are an equal number of every sort of bias and also that this site wasn't overwhelmingly of a certain specific "bias". but of course, using the word "bias" to talk about musical taste is dumb as shit, it ain't an academic report honey its just a hobby.

edit: don't mind me calling you honey, just trying it out lol
undefined

• Posted: 04/26/2016 01:36
  • Post subject:
BrandonMiaow wrote:
jackbrown8786 wrote:
how to find a new album:

1. click overall chart

Breaking news!!!! Personal taste now known as bias!! I don't know how you don't realize, considering how you admitted metal and hip hop isn't well represented on the overall, that it is just as "biased" as any personal chart. Adding a bunch of "bias" together doesn't un-bias you know. that would assume there are an equal number of every sort of bias and also that this site wasn't overwhelmingly of a certain specific "bias". but of course, using the word "bias" to talk about musical taste is dumb as shit, it ain't an academic report honey its just a hobby.

edit: don't mind me calling you honey, just trying it out lol

actually there's a very academic way to go about this