BEA's chef corner: Recipes, Tips and sexy dishes

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Saoirse

• Posted: 08/19/2014 08:19
  • Post subject: BEA's chef corner: Recipes, Tips and sexy dishes
So do we got any budding chefs or people who enjoy eating things on BEA? If so, share some favorite recipes, dishes to look up or what food turns you on (pervert).

Anyways of course two foods always get my motor running: Chili and Grilled Cheese. With chili I always prefer With Beans to pure stew, especially black beans. Cook it with a minimal bit of chili powder and a generous topping of basil leaves and light turkey. Or you can go vegetarian and cook it with zucchini and a pinch of cilantro, also quite divine.

Now with grilled cheese I like using at least two different types of cheeses, surprisingly I found a good balance between colby and shredded mozzarella, although Pepper Jack works well if you're mouth isn't a total lightweight like mine. Use some light mayo on the top of the bread instead of butter and it actually tastes wonderful, to my original surprise.
AlexZangari

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2014 16:51
  • Post subject:
Chili without beans is an atrocity. My uncle has a chili recipe that involves chocolate, that's very good. I've also heard good things about beer in chili but I don't think I've ever tried a recipe like that.

The only grilled cheese I've ever had is with American "cheese" (yuck).
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 08/19/2014 17:12
  • Post subject:
OK, Skinny's chicken, smoked bacon and leek pie:

You want to cook your chicken in stock, on the stove. You could use breasts if you're a pussyhole, but you're better going with thighs (six, for good measure) for a stronger flavour. Make sure the stock covers all of the chicken fully. Cook them on the bone for about ten minutes and then peel them off the bone before you continue. You don't really want to use any salt in this dish - the smoked bacon provides enough of that - but don't skimp on the crushed black pepper. Make sure you keep the stock to one side, and the (now boneless) chicken too, but in separate containers. Chop a lot of rashers (like 12 to 20) of smoked bacon up into thin strips (an inch x half an inch), and in the same pan melt a metric fucktonne of butter (none of this margarine shit, I'm talking the real thing). Start frying your bacon on a gentle heat until the whole fucking house smells like smoked bacon, and then add in the leeks (two big motherfuckers will do), preferably cut into roughly inch long pieces. You want to fry for a further couple of minutes, before adding in the chicken, just to coat it in that buttery, bacony flavour. Then you want to add the stock back in, chuck in enough chicken gravy granules that the mix becomes about as thick as healthy sperm, and add in enough single cream that the mix goes a lovely colour of vomit beige (although feel free to go for double cream if you're a fucking lunatic). At this point you can stick in some peas or mushrooms, but you'd be a fucking philistine. You then want to transfer your chickeny, bacony gloop into a decent sized pie-dish, and let him cool for an hour or so. Then get some store bought, ready made pastry (fuck making pastry, that shit is a mission), cover the top, and stick the fucker in the oven on gas mark five until the shit looks ready to eat. I'd personally recommend puff pastry, but some motherfuckers prefer shortcrust. That's OK too, I won't judge you. Once it looks ready to eat, it probably is. Get chowing.
nutso42

• Posted: 08/19/2014 18:23
  • Post subject:
Best ratio of easy cooking to great taste is a dish I learned called "Cook-Up". Yeah, imaginative name....

1 cup peas or beans
2 cups rice
3 cups water
1 can of coconut milk (standard, you know, can size)
1 whole onion (or however much you prefer)
Crapton of garlic
...and whatever other garbage you wanna chuck in

Boil peas or beans to the consistency of your choice (I prefer black eyed peas and chickpeas, as soft as can be). Drain out the water and dump in rice. Also dump in the water, coconut milk, onions, garlic, and whatever else you like (you can toss in chicken, uncooked. Any assortment of pepper, either ground or actual chopped peppers, salt, pork, whatever, go nuts)

Turn on stove and let the water boil out and the milk cook into the rice. When liquid is gone, eat it. It's heavenly. Seriously, rice cooked in milk is a match made in heaven.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2014 23:21
  • Post subject:
I actually cook a fair amount and would cook a lot more if my family ate the sort of things I did. Mussels in broth, etc.

The thing I got the best at making, though, is a thai chicken soup. The real trick to making it good, I found, was adding equal parts Cayenne pepper and Cinnamon. It leaves the sort of mouthfeel you get after having something with a fair amount of spice while not actually being very spicy, then you just add in whatever peppers you wanna use and that takes care of giving a little bit more subtle of a kick.

Also galangal is way better than ginger. Anything that asks for ginger, I recommend galangal instead. You might have to switch up the amount a little but it's way yummier.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
karbutt

United States

• Posted: 08/23/2014 03:06
  • Post subject:
AlexZangari wrote:
Chili without beans is an atrocity. My uncle has a chili recipe that involves chocolate, that's very good. I've also heard good things about beer in chili but I don't think I've ever tried a recipe like that.

The only grilled cheese I've ever had is with American "cheese" (yuck).

That's nasty. I usually have my grilled cheese with mozzarella, the bread lighty buttered. Mmm. My sister makes the best grilled cheese like that.
Anyways, I encourage everyone to give baking a vegan cake a shot. I'm not vegan and I know it sounds nasty, but I used to bake those and they were sooo delicious.
nutso42

• Posted: 08/29/2014 21:31
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Also galangal is way better than ginger. Anything that asks for ginger, I recommend galangal instead.

Never heard of this stuff. I'll keep an eye out for it in the near future.
nutso42

• Posted: 08/29/2014 21:35
  • Post subject:
Okay, here's another one hammered out in nutso's kitchen (I fully realize how innuendo-ish that sounds, but I'm leaving it)

For marinating, stir into a pan gratuitous amounts of soy sauce and whiskey, and add in a little bit of lime juice. Use this sauce to marinate whatever type of meat you choose.

When you're nearly ready to cook the meat, stir-fry some onions, garlic, and curry powder until your nose is bleeding. At which point toss in the meat, along with some of the sauce that's been doing the marinating. Cook it all together until the sauce is nearly boiled away.

Then eat with whatever form of bread or vegetables you so choose. Or just be a man and eat the meat by itself.
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 08/29/2014 21:41
  • Post subject:
nutso42 wrote:
Okay, here's another one hammered out in nutso's kitchen (I fully realize how innuendo-ish that sounds, but I'm leaving it)

For marinating, stir into a pan gratuitous amounts of soy sauce and whiskey, and add in a little bit of lime juice. Use this sauce to marinate whatever type of meat you choose.

When you're nearly ready to cook the meat, stir-fry some onions, garlic, and curry powder until your nose is bleeding. At which point toss in the meat, along with some of the sauce that's been doing the marinating. Cook it all together until the sauce is nearly boiled away.

Then eat with whatever form of bread or vegetables you so choose. Or just be a man and eat the meat by itself.

I like your recipe. Basically, it's: cook whatever you like, any which way you can. Feasible at least.
  • Visit poster's website
nutso42

• Posted: 08/29/2014 22:57
  • Post subject:
Norman Bates wrote:
I like your recipe. Basically, it's: cook whatever you like, any which way you can. Feasible at least.

What's cooking without a bit of adventure?