Albums Not Many Have

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Fox John

United States

• Posted: 05/13/2011 20:34
  • Post subject: Albums Not Many Have
Post albums that (currently) only three or fewer people (including yourself, of course) have on their charts! This could be a great way to share music that other people may not otherwise hear.

Earl - Earl Sweatshirt
Great, but very dark rap album from a up and coming 16 year old with an insane flow. Within ten years, this kid will be a household name and everyone will have this album on their charts. Jump on the wagon before the band Wink. Available online for free at Odd Future's website.
Fall Be Kind - Animal Collective
Animal Collective's latest EP and, in my opinion, their best work. Extremely beautiful atmospheric album, and the only EP on my chart. Very underrated.
Journey To The 5th Echelon - The Jet Age of Tomorrow
Interesting electro-funk album, again from the Odd Future collective. Never heard an album quite like this before, so it's a bit hard to describe. Available online for free at Odd Future's website.
Down There - Avey Tare
The first solo record from the Animal Collective member. A bleak, uncompromising record. I listened to it after seeing Donnie Darko for the first time and have been in love since.
BlackenedWhite - MellowHype
Yet another Odd Future album. The best production on any of their records, and probably their most accessible release that also retains their signature feel for people looking to get into their music. Available online for free at Odd Future's website.
Monoliths and Dimensions - Sunn O)))
A drone doom masterpiece from those guys in robes, Sunn O))). Their's a reason they're named after their amps, and you'll quickly discover it upon listening. However, they utilize a lot of unique sounds (they sample running water on one song, for example) to create a unique soundscape. Some of the slowest, heaviest, and most original metal out there.
Capital Punishment - Big Punisher
A rap record from a forgotten but extremely talented spitter. Unfortunately he died of cardiac arrest in the 2000s, so this is his last record, but it's a beauty. He somehow even got Fat Joe to sound good on a song. Interesting fact that will give you an idea of what to expect from this record: he recorded each line separately so he wouldn't have to waste time taking breaths.

Post away, and include a description if you feel so inclined!
  • Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 05/13/2011 20:45
  • Post subject:
http://www.besteveralbums.com/added_albums.php
joyofdivision

• Posted: 05/13/2011 23:39
  • Post subject:
The Delgados - The Great Eastern (2000)

A timeless masterpiece - surely on a par with The Soft Bulletin?
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 05/13/2011 23:51
  • Post subject:
joyofdivision wrote:

I will be checking that out now

Very Happy
purple

• Posted: 05/14/2011 01:08
  • Post subject:
Royal Trux- Twin Infinitives
At the Drive In- Acrobatic Tenement
Beat Happening- Jamboree
Black Flag- (anything other than Damaged)
Cowboy Junkies- Trinity Sessions
Cramps- Songs the Lord Taught Us
Fela Kuti- (anything)
Kode9 and the Spaceape- Memories of the Future
Killing Joke- s/t
Robyn- Body Talk
This Heat- Deceit

those are a few I know people on this site don't usually have, but the truth is most people don't even buy whole albums anymore
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 05/14/2011 01:41
  • Post subject:
These are the albums on my chart that appear on less than three:

Jimmy Smith - Back at the Chicken Shack (1960), 3 charts. This one often appears in the middle ranges of best ever albums lists and is probably the best groove-jazz album ever made. Even if you generally think jazz is boring this one is worth a shot.

ZZ Top - Fandango! (1975), 2 charts. The best item in the catalog of that little ol' band from Texas is simply a prime example of distorted boogie rock. If you don't like guitars playing riffs stay clear.

The Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South (1970), 2 charts. The greatest studio album from the greatest blues rock outfit of all time. If you're only getting one of their albums you should go with Live at Fillmore East instead though.

The Blues Brothers Original Soundtrack (1980), 2 charts. Some of the greatest soul and classic R&B artists of all time assemble for one long party backed by the top session musicians of the time. Both Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi can sing half decent too.

Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal (1968), 1 chart. Classic rockin' blues and arguably the greatest blues album ever cut.

Guy Clark - Texas Cookin' (1976), 1 chart. One of the top country tinged singer/songwriter albums recorded. Also lots of great stuff for any back porch picker.

And extending it to four charts these shouldn't be missed either:

Santana - Santana III (1971), 4 charts. If you liked Santana and Abraxas, this is more of the same stuff, only better.

Fela Kuti - Zombie (1976), 4 charts. Political commentary set to an afrobeat backdrop that makes you want to get up and dance even if you normally hate to.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 05/14/2011 02:40
  • Post subject:
Tom Petty- The Live Anthology
Agent Orange- This Is The Voice
Wilco- Kicking Television: Live in Chicago
The Jayhawks- Rainy Day Music
Gomez- A New Tide
Camper Van Beethoven- Camper Van Beethoven
Dave Edmunds- Tracks On Wax 4
Manfred Mann's Earth Band- Nightingales & Bombers
John Butler Trio- Three
Rachel Yamagata- Happenstance
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/14/2011 11:30
  • Post subject:
Below The Heavens - Blu & Exile
Monster Movie - Can
Pictures At An Exhibition - Emerson Lake And Palmer
Reproduction - Human League
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 05/15/2011 11:58
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
These are the albums on my chart that appear on less than three:

Jimmy Smith - Back at the Chicken Shack (1960), 3 charts. This one often appears in the middle ranges of best ever albums lists and is probably the best groove-jazz album ever made. Even if you generally think jazz is boring this one is worth a shot.

ZZ Top - Fandango! (1975), 2 charts. The best item in the catalog of that little ol' band from Texas is simply a prime example of distorted boogie rock. If you don't like guitars playing riffs stay clear.

The Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South (1970), 2 charts. The greatest studio album from the greatest blues rock outfit of all time. If you're only getting one of their albums you should go with Live at Fillmore East instead though.

The Blues Brothers Original Soundtrack (1980), 2 charts. Some of the greatest soul and classic R&B artists of all time assemble for one long party backed by the top session musicians of the time. Both Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi can sing half decent too.

Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal (1968), 1 chart. Classic rockin' blues and arguably the greatest blues album ever cut.

Guy Clark - Texas Cookin' (1976), 1 chart. One of the top country tinged singer/songwriter albums recorded. Also lots of great stuff for any back porch picker.

And extending it to four charts these shouldn't be missed either:

Santana - Santana III (1971), 4 charts. If you liked Santana and Abraxas, this is more of the same stuff, only better.

Fela Kuti - Zombie (1976), 4 charts. Political commentary set to an afrobeat backdrop that makes you want to get up and dance even if you normally hate to.

Good call on the Blues Brothers Very Happy

Yes they can both sing good. John Belushi was very talented. Just think of what he could have all done if he would have been able to get off dope.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 05/15/2011 12:07
  • Post subject:
joyofdivision wrote:

I have that album. Saw them once too. It's a good album, but on par with The Soft Bulletin? I don't think so.
  • Visit poster's website