time to create the besteveralbums custom band

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 02/12/2010 08:49
  • Post subject: time to create the besteveralbums custom band
I think we should create our own band by voting band type, then the key band members. There are many talented guitarists, drummers and vocalists to chose from, so you just need to nominate your picks and we can get the most populous nominees to form the ultimate band... they can be dead or alive

first though lets get the band structure right...
i'm suggesting:
1 vocalist
1 lead guitar
1 rythm guitar/keyboardist etc
1 bass guitar
1 drummer

once we get the band structure right through most highly rated we'll move onto voting the individual band members so at this point lets get the band structure sorted. obviously there are alot of different genres so i'm also suggesting a general rock theme here. But really there is no limit on your nominations.

SO PLEASE NOW NOMINATE YOUR ULTIMATE BANDS STRUCTURE
  • Visit poster's website
RaineyWins

Ireland
  • Posted: 02/12/2010 12:03
  • Post subject:
I was comptiplating this the other day, and it is very hard of course I could just choose my favourite Guitarist, Singer, Drummer, Bassist, etc, but for them all play well together is a totally different thing

For me, my two favourite bands would be The Strokes and The Beach Boys, two completely different artists and for them to work together, it just would never happen
So I will like to see what other people put for forward
  • Visit poster's website
joyofdivision
  • Posted: 02/12/2010 12:20
  • Post subject:
ok I'll start

Vocalist - Lou Reed
Lead Guitar - Jimi Hendrix
Rhythm Guitar - John Lennon
Bass Guitar - Peter Hook
Keyboards - Aphex Twin
Drums - John Bonham
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 02/12/2010 12:30
  • Post subject:
RaineyWins wrote:
Quote:
for them all play well together is a totally different thing

i know what you mean, this isn't taking whether they'd fit together into consideration, its more who your fav musician was for a particular role in the band.

joyofdivision, you didnt have to name the artist for each position just yet, i was just trying to get the structure of the band first ie how many guitarists etc... but no problem

i was going to seek nominations for each role then run a poll - you'll see what i mean once/if we get a bit more interest
  • Visit poster's website
RaineyWins

Ireland
  • Posted: 02/12/2010 12:40
  • Post subject:
Richie Hunt wrote:
i was just trying to get the structure of the band first ie how many guitarists etc...

Okay My favourite set up would be, something atmospheric like Arcade Fire, so the more members the better;
1 lead vocalist
1 lead guitar
1 Rythem guitarist
1 drummer
1 Keyboard
1 bassist
and a couple of other strings eg Violin, cello, double bass etc

A set up like this would kick some serious ass
  • Visit poster's website
badfaith

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 02/12/2010 13:58
  • Post subject:
I think you should start with the nucleus of the band, a drummer, bassist, and lead vocalist/guitarist/personage, as many of the bands I admire are 'power trio' type bands: Nirvana, Cream etc. and other instrumentation is subject to taste almost it seems to me.
so:

1.Drummer
2.Bassist
3.Vocals/ Guitar etc.

Then another round for additional 'luxury' musicians:

4.Guitar Virtuoso
5.Keyboardist

then perhaps:

6. Programmer- Box of tricks person
7. DJ (?)
  • Visit poster's website
maxperenchio

• Posted: 02/15/2010 10:54
  • Post subject:
Like most assholes, I've been known to make the occasional fantasy band. Its never fun if you just think of the best guys at each instrument....you'll just make KISS everytime. You gotta think which dudes who would jive off each other like a jiving board.

Captain Beefheart- Lead Vocals, Saxophone
Tony Iommi - Lead Guitar, Riffmeister
Brian Eno - Producer, occasional keyboard
Tina Weymouth - Bass
Charlie Watts - Drums

This band, probably called "Dead Plastic Shadows" would be a groovy but intensely evil outfit, Beefheart would be less Trout Mask and more Safe as Milk in his melodies, but lyrically would be reminiscent of the extreme abstractions of Shiny Beast/Bat Chain Puller. Tony Iommi would obviously riff out so hard, be black out drunk at all times, and wear more crosses then my mom. They would have an awesome song called "Ouija Superstar". It would have a slow groove, think "Psycho Killer" twice as slow and wayyyaahey heavier. It would have Brian Eno singing awkward but genius background vocals, Charlie Watts won't hit the high hat when he hits the snare. This band would rule.

Or howbout

Huey Lewis- Lead Vocals
Bruce Springsteen - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Paul Stanley - Lead Vocals, Bass
Tony Levin - Bass
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin - Drums

Now hear me out, this band, obviously called "Men" or "M.A.N.S." needs to actually happen. This would be one of the most advanced bands in history. I'm pretty sure Stone Cold Steve Austin plays drums, or at least he does when I'm asleep. They would rock, they would roll, sure, but when they brought out the acoustic guitars, people's lives would change. They would sing about being a modern man, and why people like me and you are pussies compared to them. Then Stone Cold Steve Austin would do that thing where he smashes beer cans on his head and chugs like 9 of them. think about it.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
RaineyWins

Ireland
  • Posted: 02/15/2010 13:34
  • Post subject:
maxperenchio wrote:
Or howbout

Huey Lewis- Lead Vocals
Bruce Springsteen - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Paul Stanley - Lead Vocals, Bass
Tony Levin - Bass
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin - Drums

Now hear me out, this band, obviously called "Men" or "M.A.N.S." needs to actually happen. This would be one of the most advanced bands in history. I'm pretty sure Stone Cold Steve Austin plays drums, or at least he does when I'm asleep. They would rock, they would roll, sure, but when they brought out the acoustic guitars, people's lives would change. They would sing about being a modern man, and why people like me and you are pussies compared to them. Then Stone Cold Steve Austin would do that thing where he smashes beer cans on his head and chugs like 9 of them. think about it.

Quality! Then just to be lethal, he would go into the crowd and do his awesome "Stone Cold Steve Stunner", and then drink some more beer..
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki
  • Posted: 02/15/2010 15:21
  • Post subject:
You know what would be better? If we did a thread like this but you could only pick other forum members to be in the band, choosing which instruments/role to play based on personality and their music taste rather than whether they can play the instrument in real life Cool
RaineyWins

Ireland
  • Posted: 02/15/2010 18:30
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
You know what would be better? If we did a thread like this but you could only pick other forum members to be in the band, choosing which instruments/role to play based on personality and their music taste rather than whether they can play the instrument in real life Cool

Good idea, that'd be difficult do you not think though?
  • Visit poster's website