Search glitch

View previous topic :: View next topic
Rockdrigo

Bolivia

• Posted: 01/02/2017 06:02
  • Post subject: Search glitch
Today (January 1st) I'm finding multiple problems with the site:
1. The search bar shows no suggestion of albums or artists when I type on it, and using the advanced search always shows the Nothing found for your search text. To search for albums I had to get around by going through the site using the top bar or re-entering the site via Google.
2. When adding albums to any chart no suggestions are shown (unless I pick from favorites/ratings/collection). The Nothing found text is shown again. Therefore I can't update any chart unless I re-add artists and albums, and some users seem to started doing that, by checking the Newly Added Albums page.
3. Admin Artist and Admin Album pages show no similar titled albums or artists (although other options remain working)

I tried logging out and using a different browser than usual but the glitch persisted. I use this site almost daily (even yesterday before midnight) without this problems happening, so maybe it has something to do with the change of the year?

On a side note, I found weird that the ranking score for 2016 albums started adding the Greatest Albums charts' scores when, for the previous years that I've been here, it waited until February to do so. I wonder if it has something to do with the glitch.
  • Visit poster's website
desh79

Germany

• Posted: 01/02/2017 08:32
  • Post subject: Re: Search glitch
Rockdrigo wrote:
1. The search bar shows no suggestion of albums or artists when I type on it, and using the advanced search always shows the Nothing found for your search text. To search for albums I had to get around by going through the site using the top bar or re-entering the site via Google.
2. When adding albums to any chart no suggestions are shown (unless I pick from favorites/ratings/collection). The Nothing found text is shown again. Therefore I can't update any chart unless I re-add artists and albums, and some users seem to started doing that, by checking the Newly Added Albums page.
3. Admin Artist and Admin Album pages show no similar titled albums or artists (although other options remain working).

Yep, I got exactly the same problem. The search option doesn't work at all, which is very annoying, particularly when trying to add a new chart.

EDIT: Huzzah, it seems to be working again!
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/02/2017 09:15
  • Post subject: Re: Search glitch
Rockdrigo wrote:
3. Admin Artist and Admin Album pages show no similar titled albums or artists (although other options remain working)

I tried logging out and using a different browser than usual but the glitch persisted. I use this site almost daily (even yesterday before midnight) without this problems happening, so maybe it has something to do with the change of the year?

On a side note, I found weird that the ranking score for 2016 albums started adding the Greatest Albums charts' scores when, for the previous years that I've been here, it waited until February to do so. I wonder if it has something to do with the glitch.

Apologies for the issue, the turn of the year is a busy period for the site as people are seeking out the best albums of the previous year etc and the site got a bit overloaded. I've just made a configuration change, so hopefully the issue is now fixed. There has been no change to the calculation of the overall scores (i.e. 2016 albums appearing in overall lists updated in 2017).
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 02/26/2017 08:59
  • Post subject:
The search functions are down again, and that includes adding albums to charts.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/26/2017 09:55
  • Post subject:
Apologies, sorry for the problem with the search. I've just fixed this. Something crashed over night... Embarassed
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 02/26/2017 10:10
  • Post subject:
Thanks, AM! Swift and efficient, as always.
  • Visit poster's website