Best live concert experiences

View previous topic :: View next topic
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 06/17/2017 14:55
  • Post subject: Best live concert experiences
Yesterday (16.6.2017.) I've seen Mastodon live. I can say this is one of the best concert experiences ever. They crushed everything, and not even the mediocre mix of vocals and guitars by sound guys could kill the atmosphere. The reception of new songs was spectacular, everyone knew the words and the classics were well received as always. At the end (after The March of the Fire Ants, which is the closer on this tour), everyone went nuts and started chanting "Blood and thunder" (their best known song, they haven't played it on this tour yet except once with a guest singer Neil Fallon). And they actually came back, thanked the fans and played the song. It was overwhelming.

Because of this experience, I've started wondering what was my best concert. I'm 19, but I've been to some great concerts of all genres of music already, which I'm proud of Very Happy

Pixies - InMusic Festival, 25.6.2014. They played 28 songs in 1.5 hours. Literally blew my mind.

Iron Maiden - two concerts that were both out of this world, but just slightly better was the second because they played Hallowed Be Thy Name and I was on the ground floor just several meters from the stage. Split, Spaladium Arena 27.7.2016.

U2 - 10.8.2009. Zagreb, Maksimir Stadium. My first ever concert, and the largest for now. Big bands don't often come to Croatia, but this was huge. In every aspect.

Robert Plant - Arena Pula, 30.6.2016. Just three days after the Maiden concert, I was lucky enough to see one of the legends of music history. The new album (Lullaby and... The Ceaseless Roar) was really great, and hearing Zep classics from the man himself is a unique thing.

So, I would really like to know your best concert(s) too, with a few words about the whole experience if you're willing!
  • Visit poster's website
kickerofelves

Ireland

• Posted: 06/17/2017 15:39
  • Post subject:
Fred, Cork Opera House, 28-11-2009
The David Nelligan Thing, Bradly's Cork, 21-12-2011

Both local bands, both mind-blowing experiences.
Most of the big name artist I've seen have been pretty disappointing unfortunately.
  • Visit poster's website
Space-Dementia

United States

• Posted: 06/17/2017 15:59
  • Post subject:
For me I find that concerts are what I make of them. If I buy tickets to a big stadium, sit pretty far away from the stage and watch, I'll have a good time. But if I buy much cheaper tickets to a small venue, get there early and move close to the stage, and then lose myself to the music and interact with the people around me, whether by moshing or just by talking to them, or by singing along with the band and the crowd or by crowdsurfing or whatever it may be, I have an incredible experience that I'll never forget. So that being said, my favorite concerts were when I saw Wolf Alice and King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard, both at a small venue in Philly a year or so apart. Great atmostphere, great music.
  • Visit poster's website