The Challenges of the Internet.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/14/2017 21:20
  • Post subject: The Challenges of the Internet.
Does anyone have this problem were you a listening to an album on the internet but you get sidetracked by other albums that you want to listen to. I'm thankful for the internet to introduce me to acts and albums without sites like this. But I can't be the only one that gets distracted so easily when listening online. Right?
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 07/14/2017 23:43
  • Post subject:
FOMOphobia, the fear of experiencing the fear of missing out, is very powerful. There's so much to experience and committing fully to one means there's 5 other things on your mind that are interesting and you really want to be a part of the group that's experiencing and discussing the thing, but there's so many things.

I just accept that I'm not going to experience everything and make the most of what I'm doing.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2017 00:00
  • Post subject:
Words of complete wisdom. Applause Honestly not everything that is out there will be for everyone. It's just owning a physical copy of the album is easier for me to be glued to an album compared to being on a computer or Ipod to listen to an album in its entirely.
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 07/15/2017 00:19
  • Post subject:
I probably would if I weren't listening to Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Brahms, Mahler, etc Laughing Laughing Laughing

( just a joke ... kind of ... Very Happy )
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2017 00:20
  • Post subject:
Yes. Because there's just too music instantly at your fingertips. And you dont what the fuck to listen to because there's too much to choose from. this is why I kind of miss the old days. I grew up in the time before the internet when you had to go out and buy the music if you wanted to hear it. And it just seemed more special back then. It seemed to have more value to you. But with so much available on the internet, it kind of loses its specialness. I miss that feeling of going out to the store and looking forward to going home and ripping off the shrink wrap and putting it on for the first time. I always liked that experience. I kind of miss it. It's just not the same going to a streaming service where you got a fuck-ton of albums saved to your library. It just seems too easy, and its just not as meaningful to listen to music when theres such an overabundance of it. And while you're listening to an album you see something else in your library and decide you want to hear that instead. And it seems like I never listen to a whole album anymore because I'm looking at a list of all this other shit I want to hear. You just keep switching it and switching it and switching it, and it sucks.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2017 00:34
  • Post subject:
This is why I don't think CD's or Vinyl will never go out of style. Now I would say that I do some what disagree with the sentiment that new records got that excitement value. I feel that records still have the push to get the individual hyped. It's just now relies on the quality of the album. And I will agree that getting music on an Ipod is so easy that it's not fun.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2017 01:17
  • Post subject:
I don't listen to albums on the internet. Period. As a rule. I will listen to songs, and I will play internet radio stations, but I do not listen to albums online. I listen to albums that I have purchased physical copies of. Only. That's my rule. Keeps me from having that problem. I won't listen to it until I own it.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2017 01:30
  • Post subject:
That was a good response. But am a bit floored considering one of the biggest user on the site commented on one of my post.
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2017 01:35
  • Post subject:
i've bought 47 releases on bandcamp so far this year. Digital file possession feels plenty significant for me if I've had to fork over actual money for them. I love this current time and am having a blast.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2017 01:36
  • Post subject:
I do prefer the present way more than the past.
  • Visit poster's website