A look upon the records

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/26/2020 22:19
  • Post subject:
So I had a bit of an epiphany. I kind of want to guess for potential new albums that will come out next year. Now this isn't me knowing what will be out. But more of taking a hypothetical guess/having fun. So let me make some predictions.

For one, I feel Kendrick Lamar will have an album out by next year. Regardless of what anyone's political beliefs are, there is something brewing to make a potent album out of the situation. You could also throw in some other TDE acts like Ab Soul or Ishaid Rashard. I could have throwed in Schoolboy, but that is a bit of an unlikely for me.

The same thought could also be throwed to Tyler The Creator, but it might be a 2022 release, since I don't know if he has anything brewing. The is more potential of Frank Ocean releasing something sooner, due to the quarantine and able to create something or mailing to other people.

Kind of wondering where Death Grips are? Had a big 2018. Don't remember if they had anything 2019. But they were a no show for this year. Thinking Bjork will have something real soon since she never missed a 2-4 year gap with making an album. I would also throw Radiohead in there but like Tyler, it might be more of a 2022 thing since this will be the big tenth album and I feel like they want to be quite special.

What else? Maybe a new LCD Soundsystem album? Been at least four years. Also maybe Jamiroquai? But usually they can be way later. Like a 2023 or 2024 because there release schedule is way looser. The same can be said for Sade, though I feel like they were brewing something.

Lastly want to bring up some electronic artists. I feel like the most likely would be a new album by The Field. The release schedule isn't that bad. 2 to 3 years is normal. But acts like Daft Punk or Boards Of Canada is up in the air.

There is a lot more acts that could have new stuff coming in the pipeline, but I didn't want this to be long. Happy new year everyone. Party
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2021 23:37
  • Post subject:
Well, that Daft Punk prediction went out of the window. Though I wouldn't be that shocked if they do the same action that LCD Soundsystem did back in the 2010's. But it has been a while since I posted on this. 1993's top 100 is almost done and will post what my canon ranking is on the diary, though the actual list for that year won't be done for maybe a while. 1977 will be starting soon which I am excited for. Personal life wise? Work has been good and it will almost 3 months since I started up my new job. But the big thing that I am quite ecstatic for will have to be having an own place of living. Finished up the paperwork yesterday and now getting renovated. So if I go a little quite during March, you'll know why. But I am happy.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 03/03/2021 01:09
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Well, that Daft Punk prediction went out of the window. Though I wouldn't be that shocked if they do the same action that LCD Soundsystem did back in the 2010's. But it has been a while since I posted on this. 1993's top 100 is almost done and will post what my canon ranking is on the diary, though the actual list for that year won't be done for maybe a while. 1977 will be starting soon which I am excited for. Personal life wise? Work has been good and it will almost 3 months since I started up my new job. But the big thing that I am quite ecstatic for will have to be having an own place of living. Finished up the paperwork yesterday and now getting renovated. So if I go a little quite during March, you'll know why. But I am happy.

Awesome, congrats! Very Happy
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/03/2021 01:11
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
Awesome, congrats! Very Happy

It has been a thing I wanted to do. Just didn't expect it would be now. Excited and nervous but I feel I'll be alright.
  • Visit poster's website