Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 02/26/2020 18:07
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:
Luigii wrote:
Well, I'm back. After taking a little break, it is time to go back to albums from 1997. And we have a revisit that I wanted to come back to.

Stereolab-Dots and Loops

Now I do think this is a great album. Hell I would say this was an excellent album. But I feel like I should enjoy this way more than I do right now. And for a bit I was wondering why do I feel like this? And if there was a hypothesis as to why I feel like this, it would probably be due to how both the long tracks at points start to make me feel somewhat bored and start to wonder off, wanting to do other things. But also, on an individual level I feel like this album doesn't go the full mile. It definitely sounds like this album exists in its own little universe. Kinda gives me Katamari vibes. But never goes the full mile to make me lose myself or be completely invested. But I still think this is a magical experience for the year. Probably make my top 100 for the year. Grade is a 90 by decimal range is between an 8.8 to a 9.2. Just depends on how I feel. Next time... Another album from 1997. Maybe new or a revisit.

I know I am a little late to the party here, but I remember this being my initial impression with Dots and Loops as well. Obviously no pressure, but I'd say revisit it sometime in the future and maybe it will click lol. For me, it was on a warm early summer evening and everything felt right.

Yeah, I would agree it is a welcoming and warm album. Also no worries on being late.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 02/28/2020 23:22
  • Post subject:
It's been quiet. Too quiet. I mean for me it was quite normal. But why do I have a sinking feeling? Think

So you are telling me that during this week, Disclosure decided to do the same tactic of releasing a song a day for five consecutive days that would make an ep. Like Moonlight? But I didn't even realized that was occuring? And supposedly they will talk about more music in a couple weeks? Well shit, 2020 has became quite excited and we are not halfway over. So for the time being I could give some first day impressions of this new ep.

Five tracks clocking in 24 minutes, Disclosure release a pretty great ep. Not as amazing as Moonlight, but still a worthwhile piece of entertainment. Expanding there interest in different molds of house while retaining there identity. Very welcoming and does have attention to detail to make some addicting house music. The track Etran is a highlight. Taking Niger chants and transforming into a dance track moving from point a to b. If there was anything that might keep me from loving this is probably the thought Hayden had where he mentioned how on Moonlight he felt that the tracks were more remixes rather than new things. I disagree for Moonlight. But I somewhat agree with this ep. Tracks like Tondo and Expressing What Matters felt like that. Well, Tondo not as much since I do find that song will be a club rager. As well as bringing in Cameroon Funk in the mix. I think I need to hear the original song to see if that though follows. The same can't be said for Expressing What Matters. That track while being a good track just feels like a remix of Lowdown by Boz Scaggs Lowdown. Or isn't as interesting as the rest of the ep. And the last two tracks are also really great. Love the title track where that feels like walking on the runway in the future. And the last track was also an impressive highlight. I think I heard some kettle whistles which honestly I need to make a track with kitchen appliances. Which will happen never.

And those are my thoughts for now. Would be an 85 and might grow higher? Unless an album comes out. That is where I want to spend more time with that.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/18/2020 20:07
  • Post subject:
To have a bit of an update, I feel like I will get more records listening done due to what is going on in the world. I got some new records done from both Four Tet and Caribou. Out of those two artists, I enjoyed Caribou's album a lot more over Four Tet's album. Probably gonna go through Four Tet's backlog in the time being. Want to continue with 1997. Will continue with Fantano's decade list on the canon. And might dent out other stuff during this crazy time.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/21/2020 23:08
  • Post subject:
Here is a bit of rambling but I got the new Animal Crossing yesterday. And I don't know if I will be on this site as often as I could. Also when is the 2020's gonna be added within the ratings? Want to see how that is going on.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 03/22/2020 18:15
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Here is a bit of rambling but I got the new Animal Crossing yesterday. And I don't know if I will be on this site as often as I could. Also when is the 2020's gonna be added within the ratings? Want to see how that is going on.

Yo what do you do in Animal Crossing, exactly? I'm thinking about purchasing it but I've never played it before. I need another game to keep me occupied during this quarantine because I beat Pokémon Shield and I'm about to chew through the new Legend of Zelda.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/22/2020 18:24
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:
Yo what do you do in Animal Crossing, exactly? I'm thinking about purchasing it but I've never played it before. I need another game to keep me occupied during this quarantine because I beat Pokémon Shield and I'm about to chew through the new Legend of Zelda.

If you have played Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing is very similar to those games. But if you haven't played those games, Animal Crossing is by Wikipedia a Social Simulator. Didn't know that was the term for it. But in Animal Crossing, you get to do a lot of stuff. You get to catch bugs, fish and other things. You get to hang with your friends and a lot more. For newcomers, it is a slow burner type of game. Meaning what you do in the game can feel quite minuscule compared to other games. But if you want a time sink like game that can be addictive, this is a game for you.

Also, I didn't know you had a Switch Anti. If you want other recommendations for games let me know. List me some games you have, And I could provide some recommendations.
  • Visit poster's website
fjooso

• Posted: 03/22/2020 20:51
  • Post subject:
Now it is hard to pick a favorite track from this album. I feel that every track on this record was just solid gold that has stood the test of time. But if I had to choose it would be Blow Your Mind. I enjoy the lyrics where Jay is actually being romantic to the woman.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/22/2020 21:58
  • Post subject:
fjooso wrote:
Now it is hard to pick a favorite track from this album. I feel that every track on this record was just solid gold that has stood the test of time. But if I had to choose it would be Blow Your Mind. I enjoy the lyrics where Jay is actually being romantic to the woman.

Glad you really enjoy that track. It's my favorite as well. Even though I do love that album a lot.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 03/23/2020 17:39
  • Post subject:
As we continue through being quarantined for god knows how long, I want to share that I have been listening to some albums ever so slowly. And found some new favorites like that Sinead O Connor album from 2000. Love that album. But what I really want to share is what I think will be album of the year for 2020. If not, a contender for the top 10 and for the 2020's as a whole. And it is this.

So this is Vladislav Delay's recent album Rakka. And this is amazing. There were several things that made me come to this album. From it's album cover to how saltfish put this album in the 2020 forum, to how this is Vlad's recent album in 6 years and reading from Apple music that for a good chunk of that time he was hiking in the Arctic Tundra. These descriptors gave me the urge to listen to this since there wasn't really anything to do at this time. I pressed play and after finishing this album up, this is my first 100 for the 2020's.

Like where did this come from? Or what I should say, I know where this came from but more of I'm just shocked by this. I will say that descriptor of him hiking fits this album quite nicely. Because the album is consistent with have these 7 tracks of being both quite gorgeous but also quite harsh. Like this album can cater fans that like harsh noise or could be a gateway album to that type of sound. But I would also mention that this album is intense due to how a good chunk of this album is quite enveloping where some listeners can be overwhelmed on first listen.

I know that this is quite short of a synopsis, but I want other listeners to try this album out. Because it is such an auditory experience. Applause

P.S. If he decides to use these techniques and make a new Luomo album, then that would be perfect.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 03/24/2020 17:20
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
If you have played Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing is very similar to those games. But if you haven't played those games, Animal Crossing is by Wikipedia a Social Simulator. Didn't know that was the term for it. But in Animal Crossing, you get to do a lot of stuff. You get to catch bugs, fish and other things. You get to hang with your friends and a lot more. For newcomers, it is a slow burner type of game. Meaning what you do in the game can feel quite minuscule compared to other games. But if you want a time sink like game that can be addictive, this is a game for you.

Also, I didn't know you had a Switch Anti. If you want other recommendations for games let me know. List me some games you have, And I could provide some recommendations.

Alright that sounds like something up my alley. I enjoy those kind of management games, actually.

And yeah, I got it in February with some leftover money from my vacationing I had to spare. I know people who had one and it looked like a fun console. I grew board out of traditional consoles like Xbox or PlayStation. Nintendo keeps it pretty fresh with their design which I appreciate way more.

So right now I have Pokémon Shield, which I beat but I still try to catch more Pokemon and create different teams. The DLC is months away so I gotta wait for that. I have Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Odyssey also, but I left those at my apartment back at med school and I'm back home during my state's stay-at-home order. I was anticipating this order so I got Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild which is super cool so far. I feel like it'll keep me occupied for a while. But yeah I'm probably going to download that new Animal Crossing.