50%  [14]
Total Votes : 28

19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 07/28/2011 14:59
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:

FYI Quadrophenia will still be listened to and highly regarded lllllooooooooooooong after people say WHO IS TELEVISION

Doesn't make much sense considering the albums were released 4 years apart and that they are both still highly regarded (Marquee Moon a bit more) more than 3 decades later
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/28/2011 15:03
  • Post subject:
[quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="GARY"][quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="GARY"]
Polythene Pam wrote:
[quote="GARY"

And I will be alive to tell people about Television (ya know that album that knocked quad out Razz )

That may be Pam, that may be Think

But when Keith Moon and I are inviting people to our 10,000 year long party in Heaven

You will not be invited Not talking

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 07/28/2011 15:14
  • Post subject:
[quote="GARY"][quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="GARY"][quote="Polythene Pam"]
GARY wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
[quote="GARY"

And I will be alive to tell people about Television (ya know that album that knocked quad out Razz )

But when Keith Moon and I are inviting people to our 10,000 year long party in Heaven

That's all right, I don't have a made up place to make me feel happy. I wouldn't come anyway because I'm going to Kevin Shields party in heaven. Smile
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/28/2011 15:16
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
GARY wrote:

FYI Quadrophenia will still be listened to and highly regarded lllllooooooooooooong after people say WHO IS TELEVISION

Doesn't make much sense considering the albums were released 4 years apart and that they are both still highly regarded (Marquee Moon a bit more) more than 3 decades later

How exactly is Marquee Moon regarded "A bit more" than Quadrophenia Shocked

By whom exactly.

Among many others Sputnik Music has Quadrophenia rated HIGHER than MM

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/28/2011 15:20
  • Post subject:
[quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="GARY"][quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="GARY"]
Polythene Pam wrote:
GARY wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
[quote="GARY"

That's all right, I don't have a made up place to make me feel happy. I wouldn't come anyway because I'm going to Kevin Shields party in heaven. Smile

• Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 07/28/2011 16:12
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
19loveless91 wrote:
GARY wrote:

By whom exactly.

BEA overall rank:
Marquee Moon - #48
Quadrophenia - #106

RYM overall rank:
Marquee Moon - #25
Quadrophenia - #281

Pitchfork Media 1970s albums:
Marquee Moon - 3rd place
Quadrophenia - not in top 100 (or I can't find it)

Rolling Stone 500 greatest albums of all time:
Marquee Moon - #128
Quadrophenia - #266

NME greatest albums of all time
Marquee Moon - #4
no Quadrophenia in top 100

Critical reception:
Robert Christgau:
Marquee Moon - A+
Quadrophenia - A-

Rolling Stone:
Marquee Moon - 5 stars
Quadrophenia - 4.5 stars

Allmusic:
Marquee Moon - 5 stars
Quadrophenia - 4.5 stars

etc.

Of course there are publications/critics/music fans that rate Quadrophenia more than MM but, as seen above, they are in a minority.. But my main point was that your post didn't make much sense as it's been over three decades since release and they're both still highly regarded

Note: I am not even taking sides here + I haven't even voted at that match as I haven't listened to the whole of Quadrophenia yet.. But that's irrelevant
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/28/2011 16:17
  • Post subject:
To be honest I won't be devestated if Television loses, yeah I like them but I didn't nominate them so I'll live.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/28/2011 18:48
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
GARY wrote:
19loveless91 wrote:
GARY wrote:

By whom exactly.

BEA overall rank:
Marquee Moon - #48
Quadrophenia - #106

RYM overall rank:
Marquee Moon - #25
Quadrophenia - #281

Pitchfork Media 1970s albums:
Marquee Moon - 3rd place
Quadrophenia - not in top 100 (or I can't find it)

Rolling Stone 500 greatest albums of all time:
Marquee Moon - #128
Quadrophenia - #266

NME greatest albums of all time
Marquee Moon - #4
no Quadrophenia in top 100

Critical reception:
Robert Christgau:
Marquee Moon - A+
Quadrophenia - A-

Rolling Stone:
Marquee Moon - 5 stars
Quadrophenia - 4.5 stars

Allmusic:
Marquee Moon - 5 stars
Quadrophenia - 4.5 stars

etc.

Of course there are publications/critics/music fans that rate Quadrophenia more than MM but, as seen above, they are in a minority.. But my main point was that your post didn't make much sense as it's been over three decades since release and they're both still highly regarded

Note: I am not even taking sides here + I haven't even voted at that match as I haven't listened to the whole of Quadrophenia yet.. But that's irrelevant

This is a

GAME Exclamation

I'm not trying to "make sense" Laughing

I'm trying to do what Al Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders says to do

"JUST WIN BABY"

Very Happy

• Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 07/28/2011 18:54
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:

This is a

GAME Exclamation

"JUST WIN BABY"

Very Happy

GARY wrote:
Now THIS is how you make a perfect song Very Happy

Link

And THIS is the perfect album Very Happy

+ + + + (((((((( REVOLVER )))))))) + + + +

Professional ratings
Review scores
Source Rating
Allmusic 5/5 stars link
BBC (Positive) link
Blender 5/5 stars link
Pitchfork Media (10.0/10.0) 2009
PopMatters (Positive) link
Rolling Stone 5/5 stars link
Sputnikmusic 5/5 stars

Personnel

The Beatles

* George Harrison – lead, acoustic and rhythm guitars, lead, harmony and backing vocals, sitar, sound effects, maracas, tambourine, handclaps, finger snaps
* John Lennon – lead, acoustic and rhythm guitars, lead, harmony and backing vocals, piano, Hammond organ and harmonium, tape loops and sound effects, cowbell, tambourine, maracas, handclap, finger snaps
* Paul McCartney – lead, acoustic and bass guitars, lead, harmony and backing vocals, piano, clavichord, tape loops, sound effects, handclaps, finger snaps
* Ringo Starr – drums, tambourine, maracas, handclaps, finger snaps, lead vocals on "Yellow Submarine"

Additional musicians and production staff

* Anil Bhagwat – tabla on "Love You To"
* Alan Civil – French horn on "For No One"
* Brian Jones – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Donovan – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Geoff Emerick – recording and mixing engineer; tape loops of the marching band on "Yellow Submarine"
* George Martin – producer; mixing engineer; piano on "Good Day Sunshine" and "Tomorrow Never Knows"; Hammond organ on "Got to Get You into My Life"; tape-loops of the marching band on "Yellow Submarine"
* Mal Evans – bass drum and background vocals on "Yellow Submarine"
* Marianne Faithfull – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Neil Aspinall – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Pattie Boyd – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Tony Gilbert, Sidney Sax, John Sharpe, Jurgen Hess – violins; Stephen Shingles, John Underwood – violas; Derek Simpson, Norman Jones – cellos: string octet on "Eleanor Rigby", orchestrated and conducted by George Martin (uncredited, with Paul McCartney)
* Eddie Thornton, Ian Hamer, Les Condon – trumpet; Peter Coe, Alan Branscombe – tenor saxophone: horn section on "Got To Get You Into My Life" orchestrated and conducted by George Martin (uncredited, with Paul McCartney)

In 1997, it was named the third greatest album of all time in a Music of the Millennium poll conducted in the United Kingdom by HMV Group, Channel 4, The Guardian and Classic FM.

In 2000 Q magazine placed it at number 1 in its list of the 100 Greatest British Albums Ever. The same magazine's readers placed it at number 4 of greatest albums of all time in 2006.

In 2001 the TV network VH1 named it the number 1 greatest album of all time, a position it also achieved in the Virgin All Time Top 1,000 Albums.
In 2002, the readers of Rolling Stone ranked the album the greatest of all time.

In 2003, the album was ranked number 3 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. It placed behind only the Beatles' own Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds.

In 2006, the album was chosen by Time magazine as one of the 100 best albums of all time.
In 2007, a PopMatters review described the album's content – "the individual members of the greatest band in the history of pop music peaking at the exact same time".

In 2010, Revolver was named as the best pop album of all time by the official newspaper of the Holy See, L'Osservatore Romano.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Now who could that apply to Think
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/28/2011 23:37
  • Post subject:
Polythene Pam wrote:
GARY wrote:

This is a

GAME Exclamation

"JUST WIN BABY"

Very Happy

GARY wrote:
Now THIS is how you make a perfect song Very Happy

Link

And THIS is the perfect album Very Happy

+ + + + (((((((( REVOLVER )))))))) + + + +

Professional ratings
Review scores
Source Rating
Allmusic 5/5 stars link
BBC (Positive) link
Blender 5/5 stars link
Pitchfork Media (10.0/10.0) 2009
PopMatters (Positive) link
Rolling Stone 5/5 stars link
Sputnikmusic 5/5 stars

Personnel

The Beatles

* George Harrison – lead, acoustic and rhythm guitars, lead, harmony and backing vocals, sitar, sound effects, maracas, tambourine, handclaps, finger snaps
* John Lennon – lead, acoustic and rhythm guitars, lead, harmony and backing vocals, piano, Hammond organ and harmonium, tape loops and sound effects, cowbell, tambourine, maracas, handclap, finger snaps
* Paul McCartney – lead, acoustic and bass guitars, lead, harmony and backing vocals, piano, clavichord, tape loops, sound effects, handclaps, finger snaps
* Ringo Starr – drums, tambourine, maracas, handclaps, finger snaps, lead vocals on "Yellow Submarine"

Additional musicians and production staff

* Anil Bhagwat – tabla on "Love You To"
* Alan Civil – French horn on "For No One"
* Brian Jones – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Donovan – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Geoff Emerick – recording and mixing engineer; tape loops of the marching band on "Yellow Submarine"
* George Martin – producer; mixing engineer; piano on "Good Day Sunshine" and "Tomorrow Never Knows"; Hammond organ on "Got to Get You into My Life"; tape-loops of the marching band on "Yellow Submarine"
* Mal Evans – bass drum and background vocals on "Yellow Submarine"
* Marianne Faithfull – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Neil Aspinall – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Pattie Boyd – background vocals on "Yellow Submarine" (uncredited)
* Tony Gilbert, Sidney Sax, John Sharpe, Jurgen Hess – violins; Stephen Shingles, John Underwood – violas; Derek Simpson, Norman Jones – cellos: string octet on "Eleanor Rigby", orchestrated and conducted by George Martin (uncredited, with Paul McCartney)
* Eddie Thornton, Ian Hamer, Les Condon – trumpet; Peter Coe, Alan Branscombe – tenor saxophone: horn section on "Got To Get You Into My Life" orchestrated and conducted by George Martin (uncredited, with Paul McCartney)

In 1997, it was named the third greatest album of all time in a Music of the Millennium poll conducted in the United Kingdom by HMV Group, Channel 4, The Guardian and Classic FM.

In 2000 Q magazine placed it at number 1 in its list of the 100 Greatest British Albums Ever. The same magazine's readers placed it at number 4 of greatest albums of all time in 2006.

In 2001 the TV network VH1 named it the number 1 greatest album of all time, a position it also achieved in the Virgin All Time Top 1,000 Albums.
In 2002, the readers of Rolling Stone ranked the album the greatest of all time.

In 2003, the album was ranked number 3 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. It placed behind only the Beatles' own Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds.

In 2006, the album was chosen by Time magazine as one of the 100 best albums of all time.
In 2007, a PopMatters review described the album's content – "the individual members of the greatest band in the history of pop music peaking at the exact same time".

In 2010, Revolver was named as the best pop album of all time by the official newspaper of the Holy See, L'Osservatore Romano.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Now who could that apply to Think

I'm sorry Pam, did you have some kind of point to make or are you just riding the let's everybody go against GARY train Question

• Visit poster's website