Worst Concert Ever

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 09/10/2017 12:14
  • Post subject:
Speaking of Patti Smith, I saw her once and she made a complete ass of herself and it was a horrible horrible concert
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 09/10/2017 12:37
  • Post subject:
911Turbo wrote:
35 years ago i was very lucky to see Molly Hatchet after they released "Flirting with Disaster".
Im not sure how many members know/heard of this band, but they created some music that still sounds good.
Southern Rock USA style. From Jacksonville, Florida. Comparable to lynyrd skynyrd.
2 really fat lead guitarists. Each trying to out duel each other.
1- 400 lb lead singer who would tell a story before every song, and would love to toss the microphone stand in the air. Amazing deep voice.
every song was played longer just to draw you into their energy.
everyone with long hair and dressed in cowboy attire.
it was a night to remember. a needle in the haystack performance with Blackfoot as an opener.
I travelled 7 hours to see them play in the June cool evening air of northern michigan.

About 4 years ago, a bar called rockpile in toronto advertised the return of molly hatchet.
I went to see this band.
what a disappointment.
in the band, we only had 1 original member and he looked pretty rough.
the drummer was a total joke- he had a wind machine located next to his drum set so that it blew his hair back.
He just wanted to look big time.
It was like watching a bunch of kids --it was so bad.
the singer couldn't sing, the music lacked energy, the level of interest by the band was minimal.

i dont regret going to see them-- it might have turned out incredible.
i guess, if you see/hear enough shitty bands, you appreciate the good ones that come along.

Sure, I know Molly Hatchet. I love Flirting With Disaster. Are you a fan of southern rock? I bet you don't remember these southern rock bands or do you; Wet Willie, Marshall Tucker Band, Black Oak Arkansas, Outlaws, .38 Special.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 09/10/2017 12:52
  • Post subject:
stangetzaway wrote:
Luckily when I saw Dylan which was in the same time frame he was pretty good. This time being supported by Patti Smith. When I was in uni one of the guys who worked part time in security was on during one of his mid eighties concert and said he was doing a lot of weed with his performance characterised by gravitating to the shadows because he was freaked out by the lights. Bless him though sounds like the punters were similarly aggrieved as they were at your gig.

Yeah, i saw him in 2000 in Toronto with Joni Mitchell and he sounded okay, as far as I could tell, because the sound at this concert wasn't very good
  • Visit poster's website
kickerofelves

Ireland

• Posted: 09/10/2017 15:33
  • Post subject:
Biffy Clyro

The singer turned his back on the audience at every possible opportunity, I think he would have been happier singing to the drummer all night. And the sound was absolute muck. You'd think with only three instruments there'd be a bit of clarity in the mix...

I guess it wasn't as bad as some of the gigs being discussed here. They weren't out of tune or drunk or anything, they were just incredibly dull and didn't seem like they wanted to be there.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 09/10/2017 16:12
  • Post subject:
Roger Daltrey & Eric Clapton

The first big concert I ever went to with my dad.

Quick Review: Roger Daltrey was absolute dynamite; energetic, and he kicked ass. Eric Clapton on the other hand, was a limp wet noodle out on stage. He might as well have been sleeping. It was very disappointing to see such an icon be so boring.
  • Visit poster's website
AAL2014

United States

• Posted: 09/10/2017 16:50
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Speaking of Patti Smith, I saw her once and she made a complete ass of herself and it was a horrible horrible concert

Forgot to mention Patti Smith came on stage and sang Mothers of the Disappeared with U2. That was a pretty cool moment.
glynspsa

United States

• Posted: 09/10/2017 18:43
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Yeah, i saw him in 2000 in Toronto with Joni Mitchell and he sounded okay, as far as I could tell, because the sound at this concert wasn't very good

I've seen Dylan 6 times: I Excellent, 2 Good Concerts, and 3 That were not very good. I honestly think his bands are usually top notch but unfortunately I do not like what happened to his voice, which i actually liked in his younger years. He still can hold you in the palm of his hand, and when he does it is brilliant.
  • Visit poster's website
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 09/10/2017 18:50
  • Post subject:
Easily the worst concert I attended was Guns N Roses (Axl being the only original member) on the 2006 version of the Chinese Democracy tour. I really didn't want to go but was reluctantly dragged along by a friend. The best part of the show was somehow Papa Roach who was one of the two openers, the other being Sebastian Bach. It was a little sad watching Sebastian up there playing to a half empty arena of mostly 40 and 50 somethings trying to relive their youth.

Once the openers were out of the way, the equipment and instruments were set up and we then had the privilege of looking at it on stage for over an hour before that jackass finally decided to show up to the venue. If we were seated it at least would have been tolerable, but we were standing and by the time they finally came on stage I was ready to collapse. This by the way was the concert that came directly after the Portland, ME show that for some reason was cancelled the day of the show. And to top it off the performance itself was pretty terrible, as all I can clearly remember is Axl's voice being completely drowned out by the instruments. I can only assume this was by design to mask his over the hill voice, but I remember him being frustrated by the sound too. That night marks the last time I will ever give a cent of my money to that guy.
  • Visit poster's website
911Turbo

Canada

• Posted: 09/11/2017 01:10
  • Post subject:
[quote="bobbyb5"]
911Turbo wrote:
I bet you don't remember these southern rock bands or do you; Wet Willie, Marshall Tucker Band, Black Oak Arkansas, Outlaws, .38 Special.

never heard of wet willie. is it a reference to someones dick?? lol

i spent a few hours listening to marshall tucker band, they were pretty good.
.38 special had that monster hit "teacher teacher" which i hated. so i never listened to them or gave them a chance.
i heard of back oak arkansas and outlaws but never listened or purchased their music.
there are only so many hours in a day to listen to music.

the big southern rock band i really love is allman brothers. These guys are truly amazing and talented musicians,
and have created several masterpieces.
  • Visit poster's website
carpents

United States

• Posted: 09/11/2017 03:42
  • Post subject:
glynspsa wrote:
I've seen Dylan 6 times: I Excellent, 2 Good Concerts, and 3 That were not very good. I honestly think his bands are usually top notch but unfortunately I do not like what happened to his voice, which i actually liked in his younger years. He still can hold you in the palm of his hand, and when he does it is brilliant.

Probably a combination of being at a cavernous outdoor venue, possible sh!t sound guys, and his voice not holding up over a long tour.

That, and I don't particularly like Bob Dylan.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website