Fad Music Hall of Fame

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 18:52
  • Post subject: Fad Music Hall of Fame
Which fad musics or fad genres did you hate the most?
I know there's tons to choose from, but let's start here.

The 90s Swing Revival
Rap metal
Neo- soul
New Jack Swing
Alternative-folk
Whatever the fuck it was that Ricky Martin and Marc Anthony and Jon Secada did.
Electro
Acid-Jazz
Bro-Country
Third Wave Ska Revival. (the first and second time around were just dandy, but the third time fucking forget it)
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 19:32
  • Post subject:
Mine would be a toss up between Rap Metal and Bro Country.
I'm surprised that neo soul and acid jazz are on the list due to having good acts and at least have impressive albums. But I could see some people during that decade weren't jiving to it.
This was coming from a guy born in the mid 90's.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 19:40
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
I'm surprised that neo soul and acid jazz are on the list due to having good acts and at least have impressive albums. But I could see some people during that decade weren't jiving to it.

I know, right? As big of a dance music fan that I've always been, you would think I would have liked acid jazz and New Jack Swing. But there were just all wrong. Lol. You're right though that that even those genres probably had some had good albums in them. Like Jamiroquai or US3 maybe. And I'm sure Neo-Soul had some stuff that people really admire, but generally it sucked.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 19:49
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Luigii wrote:

I know, right? As big of a dance music fan that I've always been, you would think I would have liked acid jazz and New Jack Swing. But there were just all wrong. Lol. You're right though that that even those genres probably had some had good albums in them. Like Jamiroquai or US3 maybe. And I'm sure Neo-Soul had some stuff that people really admire, but generally it sucked.

Well with New Jack Swing, I can see that due being dated. Good but dated. With acid jazz, Jamiroquai was tight and I do want to give US3 as well as Incognito. While I can understand why neo soul had more misses due to having song that were boring. Oh and I think with Ricky Martin it was called the Latin Craze. Fun singles and was an enjoyable time. Way better than the Spanish hits that are the radio this year. That era was fun for a four year old that is half Puerto-Rican.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 20:04
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Luigii wrote:

Well with New Jack Swing, I can see that due being dated. Good but dated. With acid jazz, Jamiroquai was tight and I do want to give US3 as well as Incognito. While I can understand why neo soul had more misses due to having song that were boring. Oh and I think with Ricky Martin it was called the Latin Craze. Fun singles and was an enjoyable time. Way better than the Spanish hits that are the radio this year. That era was fun for a four year old that is half Puerto-Rican.

Well, if you're Puerto Rican you should have been rooting for reggaeton, not Ricky Martin. I would have been real happy to see reggaeton become massively popular and been all over the radio and shit. Instead of Marc Anthony and shit.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 20:08
  • Post subject:
I was young when Ricky was on the radio. In 1999, I was 3 in the first half and 4 in the second half due to being born on June. Might give Reggaeton a try. But my point still stands where I would like to go back to the Latin craze than the foreign hits that get on the U.S this day.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 20:18
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
I was young when Ricky was on the radio. In 1999, I was 3 in the first half and 4 in the second half due to being born on June. Might give Reggaeton a try. But my point still stands where I would like to go back to the Latin craze than the foreign hits that get on the U.S this day.

I like Reggaeton better then hip hop actually. Or at least I enjoy it a lot more.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 20:20
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
I like Reggaeton better then hip hop actually. Or at least I enjoy it a lot more.

That's actually impressive.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 20:37
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
That's actually impressive.

The reason is that reggaeton is just closer to the dance genres that I prefer. It's closer to the kind of Beats that I really like best. It's just more fun than Hip Hop
  • Visit poster's website
paladisiac
= music

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2017 21:07
  • Post subject:
Nu/rap-metal
  • Visit poster's website