Total Votes : 1

RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 11/24/2017 00:12
  • Post subject: SLP#34: Fernweh
SLP#34: Fernweh

https://open.spotify.com/user/tendentio...JPu369Dg8O

A friend did this... and I thought, WTF, why not start up some SLP considering a few users have expressed interest, but weren't sure how to do.

I haven't even listened to this yet.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 11/24/2017 13:08
  • Post subject:
I have no idea what either SLP or Fernwah are I have never heard either word before..
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 11/24/2017 18:32
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
I have no idea what either SLP or Fernwah are I have never heard either word before..

SLP stands for Spotify Listening Project. Before your many a creative thread creations came to the forums, there were some stickied (see top of forum) ideas to create content/discussion. SLP was one of them.

https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/v...hp?t=14227

Also Fernweh is the yearning for travel. Literally in Geman it means awaypain. Another German word we use in English is Wanderlust.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 11/24/2017 18:46
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
SLP stands for Spotify Listening Project. Before your many a creative thread creations came to the forums, there were some stickied (see top of forum) ideas to create content/discussion. SLP was one of them.

https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/v...hp?t=14227

Also Fernweh is the yearning for travel. Literally in Geman it means awaypain. Another German word we use in English is Wanderlust.

oh okay. I've seen Spotify listening project before. I just didn't recognize the initials.
and I'm glad I found out what Fernwah is. That one I did not know. Think
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 11/25/2017 05:33
  • Post subject:
If it makes you feel any better I have my BA in German lit. In other words it's not a commonly known word in English. It's not been anglicized.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 11/25/2017 14:14
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
If it makes you feel any better I have my BA in German lit. In other words it's not a commonly known word in English. It's not been anglicized.

I love words like Wanderlust that become English words. Or nostalgia. Which literally means the pain of remembering, or something like that. But I forget if it's Italian or Latin. Or maybe neither. Awaypain is awesome. So fernwah is a cool word
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 11/26/2017 13:16
  • Post subject:
I had no idea what to expect. But fortunately, these were mostly electronic tracks, so I knew there was a chance I might like some. Unfortunately, most of these featured perfect examples of the lousy singing and lousy songwriting that typifies today's music. And then there were the good ones. I expected my favorite to be the only one I've heard before, by Burial. But there were a couple more I liked.

My favorite one is UNKIND, by Nolife. This was very nice. It has harsh, dissonant electronic noises and some semi-dubstep-ish sounds. And what sounds like live drumming. And this made it interesting. Maybe it isn't live drumming, but it sounds like it. And fortunately, there are no crummy vocals on it. It's really short though, only about 2 minutes, but it made me want to hear their other stuff.

My next favorite one was Track 1. Loveboat, by Das/ The. It's not exactly an Underground House track, but a soothing melody over I
a kind of Minimal House dance beat. And the only vocals is a guy occasionally singing a line from the old "Theme from Love Boat" song from the old 70s TV show. This is a really listenable and fun track.

Another fairly good one is Track 10. Down the Line by Beach Fossils. It's the only track that's more of an Indie Rock track than electronic. It's fairly bouncy and the vocals are pretty inoffensive and nice.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 11/26/2017 16:41
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
I had no idea what to expect. But fortunately, these were mostly electronic tracks, so I knew there was a chance I might like some. Unfortunately, most of these featured perfect examples of the lousy singing and lousy songwriting that typifies today's music. And then there were the good ones. I expected my favorite to be the only one I've heard before, by Burial. But there were a couple more I liked.

My favorite one is UNKIND, by Nolife. This was very nice. It has harsh, dissonant electronic noises and some semi-dubstep-ish sounds. And what sounds like live drumming. And this made it interesting. Maybe it isn't live drumming, but it sounds like it. And fortunately, there are no crummy vocals on it. It's really short though, only about 2 minutes, but it made me want to hear their other stuff.

My next favorite one was Track 1. Loveboat, by Das/ The. It's not exactly an Underground House track, but a soothing melody over I
a kind of Minimal House dance beat. And the only vocals is a guy occasionally singing a line from the old "Theme from Love Boat" song from the old 70s TV show. This is a really listenable and fun track.

Another fairly good one is Track 10. Down the Line by Beach Fossils. It's the only track that's more of an Indie Rock track than electronic. It's fairly bouncy and the vocals are pretty inoffensive and nice.

Thanks for the feedback mate. I'll let him know!
  • Visit poster's website