Hoobastank-Hoobastank. (Debut album)

View previous topic :: View next topic
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 11/28/2017 18:35
  • Post subject: Hoobastank-Hoobastank. (Debut album)

Hoobastank by Hoobastank

Hey everyone.

After weeks and weeks of trying to get other people on this website to rate bands that are within the genres post grunge and nu metal, I've only had 1 person rated and about 2 or 3 people promising me that they will eventually rate these bands for the future.

And looking at my previous thread, I've had about 3 or 4 people telling me that just writing thread after thread, it just isn't going to work out unless I explained throughout talking about albums I like (What I have listened to so far).

So, I'm going to start writing threads on music diaries instead.

Anyway, today I'm going to talk about Hoobastank with their first record that released in 2001 (Even though, I've only been into music for around 2-3 years now).

Singles Crawling in the Dark and Running Away are probably the best songs I've heard from Hoobastank as they just blow me away.

Their not so popular single, Remember me, is ok.

None singles such as Pieces, too little too late and up and gone are actually listenable to me.

To me, Hoobastank are a mix between Incubus and Linkin Park with Incubus having a similar vocal sound and Linkin Park having a similar rocky instrument sound.

I can't believe this album only has 13 votes and to me, it deserves more attention because on YouTube, both music videos of Crawling in the Dark and Running Away have over 14-15 million views (Because I've just checked to make sure).

Worth a listen to, in my opinion (It's better than The Reason, that's for sure).

Anyway, thank you for reading and for the guys who are reading that commented on my previous thread on Sunday, people let me know if this is what you are talking about for getting other people interested in bands such as Hoobastank (just let me know if I'm correct at this and if you don't want me to keep on making polls, then that's fine).

Also, if you want to rate songs from this album or rate the album itself then feel free to do that, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Thanks!

Last edited by Smithy98 on 11/30/2017 19:27; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 11/28/2017 18:59
  • Post subject: Re: Hoobastank-Hoobastank. (Debut album)
Smithy1998 wrote:

Hoobastank by Hoobastank

Hey everyone.

After weeks and weeks of trying to get other people on this website to rate bands that are within the genres post grunge and nu metal, I've only had 1 person rated and about 2 or 3 people promising me that they will eventually rate these bands for the future.

And looking at my previous thread, I've had about 3 or 4 people telling me that just writing thread after thread, it just isn't going to work out unless I explained throughout talking about albums I like (What I have listened to so far).

So, I'm going to start writing threads on music diaries instead.

Anyway, today I'm going to talk about Hoobastank with their first record that released in 2001 (Even though, I've only been into music for around 2-3 years now).

Singles Crawling in the Dark and Running Away are probably the best songs I've heard from Hoobastank as they just blow me away.

Their not so popular single, Remember me, is ok.

None singles such as Pieces, too little too late and up and gone are actually listenable to me.

To me, Hoobastank are a mix between Incubus and Linkin Park with Incubus having a similar vocal sound and Linkin Park having a similar rocky instrument sound.

I can't believe this album only has 13 votes and to me, it deserves more attention because on YouTube, both music videos of Crawling in the Dark and Running Away have over 14-15 million views (Because I've just checked to make sure)>

Worth a listen to, in my opinion (It's better than The Reason, that's for sure).

Anyway, thank you for reading and for the guys who are reading that commented on my previous thread on Sunday, people let me know if this is what you are talking about for getting other people interested in bands such as Hoobastank (just let me know if I'm correct at this and if you don't want me to keep on making polls, then that's fine).

Also, if you want to rate songs from this album or rate the album itself then feel free to do that, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Thanks!

Great! Nice first post, Smithy! So is this Hoobastank's best album?
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 11/29/2017 20:42
  • Post subject:
I agree a Musical Diary is a better approach for this, or an ADP thread...just a way to talk about one album or artist at a time. With all Smithy's threads this past month, it seemed like he was asking the BEA Community to listen to entire discographies of dozens of post-grunge and nu metal bands, rate them, then come back and have a meaningful discussion on them within a few days. Idk about the rest of you, but I can't do that with a full-time job and other adult shit. Not to mention post-grunge and nu metal unfortunately aren't popular with the BEA Community.

I agree the genres deserve better praise. This is a nice write-up on Hoobastank's first album. I just listened to it for the first time. I immediately recognized the opening track, Crawling in the Dark. Good song, brought me back to my junior high and high school days. I recognized the next two tracks as well. I agree Hoobastank sounds like Incubus and Linkin Park, but this album lacks the funk and hip-hop elements those bands had. Overall it's an enjoyable album but it doesn't excel in any way, and gets monotonous after a while. I'd give it a 6 out of 10, 7 if I'm feeling generous or it grows on me.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 12/08/2017 03:41
  • Post subject:
This is my problem with Hoobastank.

I have to say hoobastank.

All kidding aside I look forward to hearing more about why these albums are so important to you. For me that's the wonder of it. It's not the thing in of itself, rather the impact/relationship of the album and why/how it came to be.
  • Visit poster's website