Songs Chart

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 01/24/2012 19:05
  • Post subject:
This may have been addressed before...I don't know. The search function only pulls albums that are currently on at least one chart. There are many albums like this. Is there a way to access these no chart albums without adding them to one of my charts?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Jabapac

Bahrain

• Posted: 01/25/2012 06:23
  • Post subject:
If all albums have been added here there will be many of them with "zero" ratings, so I guess the current status is so right.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/25/2012 13:45
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
This may have been addressed before...I don't know. The search function only pulls albums that are currently on at least one chart. There are many albums like this. Is there a way to access these no chart albums without adding them to one of my charts?

this is mainly to discourage people adding 'new' albums to their charts and then removing them straight afterwards just to get them on the site, so the albums are less 'visible'. Maybe this behaviour needs to change, but the intention of the site was originally to highlight a subset of the best albums rather than the entire history of recorded music.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 01/25/2012 14:46
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Romanelli wrote:

this is mainly to discourage people adding 'new' albums to their charts and then removing them straight afterwards just to get them on the site, so the albums are less 'visible'. Maybe this behaviour needs to change, but the intention of the site was originally to highlight a subset of the best albums rather than the entire history of recorded music.

Understood. Thanks!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Fergenaprido

Canada

• Posted: 01/25/2012 15:49
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:

I just found one using the search option yesterday, actually. Something to Remember by Madonna is not on any chart, but it shows up in the search.
  • Visit poster's website
Jabapac

Bahrain

• Posted: 01/25/2012 16:41
  • Post subject:
Quote:
the intention of the site was originally to highlight a subset of the best albums rather than the entire history of recorded music.

I'm hoping not to increase the requirement for albums to show up here; I have notice that the current requirement (adding once on charts to shows up) is equivalent to the growing of amount of ratings here, so I thought that this is why the requirement is here for, to not having many albums with "zero" ratings.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/25/2012 16:56
  • Post subject:
Fergenaprido wrote:
Romanelli wrote:

I just found one using the search option yesterday, actually. Something to Remember by Madonna is not on any chart, but it shows up in the search.

There might be a couple of anomalies at the moment because the underlying search technology is in the process of being migrated, and some parts of the site are still on the old platform. The search suggestions (top-right of each page) are on the newer platform, but the search page (off the main navigation menu) is still on the old one. This will be rectified in the next month or so, and the whole site will then be on the newer platform which is a lot faster, and should return better search results.
  • Visit poster's website