Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/05/2018 21:41
  • Post subject:
travelful wrote:
Luigii wrote:
travelful wrote:
Velocity : Design : Comfort

It's like a simulation through a different dimension. A surreal but cheerful dimension full of gorgeous landscapes and warm summer air. There's always a rainbow in the sky, and waterfalls off in the distance. Things can glitch out, and you will get stuck occasionally in some ominous and complex locations, but everything always remains playful to some degree. Through optimism and high doses of acid you always manage to find your way back to where you are supposed to be.

This is the perfect description for the album.

Onto 'The Age Of Adz'. I have listened to The Age Of Adz a few times before, but never really fully dived into it. I'm excited.

I'm positive that you will enjoy your listening with The Age of Adz.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2018 16:44
  • Post subject:
Two of these I never ever heard before. I loved Sweet Trip. I don't know why I never listened to it before, maybe I thought I wouldn't like it.. but I did.
Considering how much House I listen to, I thought I would have heard the Disclosure before. The one or two things I heard by them before I wasn't very crazy about, so that's probably why I never listened to the album. I think it was okay, but it's really not my style of House at all. Of all the other ones on your list I like Tim Hecker and Gas the most.
But you've gotta get a couple of those Orb's that you said were masterpieces up into your Top 10. Heh heh
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2018 19:17
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Two of these I never ever heard before. I loved Sweet Trip. I don't know why I never listened to it before, maybe I thought I wouldn't like it.. but I did.
Considering how much House I listen to, I thought I would have heard the Disclosure before. The one or two things I heard by them before I wasn't very crazy about, so that's probably why I never listened to the album. I think it was okay, but it's really not my style of House at all. Of all the other ones on your list I like Tim Hecker and Gas the most.
But you've gotta get a couple of those Orb's that you said were masterpieces up into your Top 10. Heh heh

Oh don't worry, I do believe when I tinker my best list UFOrb will get into the top 10.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2018 21:46
  • Post subject:
Velocity : Design : Comfort - Sweet Trip:

Was most impressed that sounds were usually not repeated. Lots of samples and the such. Combining unique sounds in creative ways.

(First listen)
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2018 23:46
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:

Was most impressed that sounds were usually not repeated. Lots of samples and the such. Combining unique sounds in creative ways.

(First listen)

Cool that you like it.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 04/08/2018 05:25
  • Post subject:
Alright, I already know you like electronic stuff, so a lot of these picks aren't surprising. I want to know why Ween and Mr. Bungle are in your top 10!

What are your favorite tracks from those albums? Why those albums from the artist's discorgraphy? (why not Disco Volante or Chocolate and Cheese?)
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 04/08/2018 14:49
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:

(First listen)

Cool that you like it.

I am curious what you love about the album outside of the unique and diverse soundscape.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/08/2018 23:39
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
Luigii wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:

(First listen)

Cool that you like it.

I am curious what you love about the album outside of the unique and diverse soundscape.

I think the real reason I really love it comes from how for one is a record that was released on my birthday. That being June 17. But also how this record to me at least feels like it describes the decade it comes from. I get connections from video games and cartoons at the time. And that brings memories of childhood. Hell, it feels insane bringing up stuff like this but anyone on this site can bring up a record that they adore has a parallel to something that occur at the time. I do feel I could go on on how it feels cutting edge even when it is 15 years old or the sounds feel transcendental but I do feel like it is enough.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/09/2018 00:14
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Alright, I already know you like electronic stuff, so a lot of these picks aren't surprising. I want to know why Ween and Mr. Bungle are in your top 10!

What are your favorite tracks from those albums? Why those albums from the artist's discorgraphy? (why not Disco Volante or Chocolate and Cheese?)

First off, Ween and Mr Bungle were able to get into the top 10 due to how not only cater to the weird bone inside me but also it is a testament on how I found artist that I enjoy in rock music. This is due to how rock music on the radio was just fucking boring. However as of now I have found artist and records that I could call home as well as welcome them to my home.

Second,favorite songs.Keep in mind I enjoy both records so much that I needed to pick 5 and if it feels I am picking just only big songs, keep in mind I do love most if not all songs that come from these records.

With The Mollusk my 5 choices will be:
The Mollusk
Polka Dot Tail
Buckingham Green
Ocean Man and She Wanted to Leave

With California my 5 choices will be:
None Of Them Knew They Were Robots
Retrovertigo
Vanity Fair
Golem II and Air Conditioned Nightmare

Lastly, the reason that Disco Volante or Chocolate and Cheese didn't get in comes to I haven't listen to it. Then again, the back catalog I have is an utter hell that I don't know when I will get to them.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 04/09/2018 00:41
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:
Luigii wrote:
sethmadsen wrote:

(First listen)

Cool that you like it.

I think the real reason I really love it comes from how for one is a record that was released on my birthday. That being June 17. But also how this record to me at least feels like it describes the decade it comes from. I get connections from video games and cartoons at the time. And that brings memories of childhood. Hell, it feels insane bringing up stuff like this but anyone on this site can bring up a record that they adore has a parallel to something that occur at the time. I do feel I could go on on how it feels cutting edge even when it is 15 years old or the sounds feel transcendental but I do feel like it is enough.

Cool! Thanks for sharing.
  • Visit poster's website