What's The Most Embarrassing Track You Will Admit To Liking?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 05/25/2018 00:28
  • Post subject:
PurpleHazel wrote:
Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks

Seasons in the Sun is awesome. It would be great if all pop music was that tuneful. It has some really fun little musical touches too.
  • Visit poster's website
Viibes

• Posted: 05/25/2018 19:48
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:
I'm not embarrassed to like anything. There are songs I like contrary to popular opinion, but I'm not embarrassed by it, and neither should any of you.

#NoGuiltyPleasures

This is very true, I wouldn't have found many great artists and albums if I had let other people's opinions dictate what I should and shouldn't enjoy. That said, I will mention that I used to be embarrassed for liking Cobra Starship. Do I consider them to be a good band? No, but the high schooler in me still loves to get down to some Cobra every once in a while.
  • Visit poster's website
adbrack1988

United States

• Posted: 05/25/2018 20:16
  • Post subject:
I don't seek it out, but if a limp bizkit song comes on the radio I don't change the station Anxious
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 05/27/2018 00:22
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Seasons in the Sun is awesome. It has some really fun little musical touches too.

Some cool musical touches, and it's quite creepy.
  • Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 05/27/2018 01:49
  • Post subject:
eenie meenie

Link

not shamed tho u.u
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 05/27/2018 02:07
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:
I'm not embarrassed to like anything. There are songs I like contrary to popular opinion, but I'm not embarrassed by it, and neither should any of you.

#NoGuiltyPleasures

I agree with this statement - throw out the bias.

On this site I sometimes feel guilty/peer pressure for liking U2 and Radiohead and the Beatles (I should say in these forums).

I suppose my guilty pleasure is this single - it was the first (and only?) single I owned on tape (I was like 10 years old when I bought it)... I still find it incredibly catchy.

Link

Last edited by RoundTheBend on 05/27/2018 02:41; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 05/27/2018 02:40
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:

On this site I sometimes feel guilty/peer pressure for liking U2 and Radiohead and the Beatles (I should say in these forums).

Anyone who tries to make you feel bad for liking some of the greatest bands of all time is simply missing the boat. Don't feel that as peer pressure...take it as someone who is a fool who doesn't respect that the music of these bands is very good, and let them have their opinions. It's their loss.

And know that they probably like a ton of music influenced by the same bands they think it's so cool to hate.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
PaperVinnie

United States

• Posted: 05/27/2018 05:15
  • Post subject:
There was a stage in my life (3-6 years ago probably) where I was a huge gamer, and around that time I listened to TONS of electro/house music type stuff. I hear it now and feel very conflicted. On one hand, this is music that was made with a computer, that has no substance or point, and means nothing to me or my life. On the other hand... damn some of this stuff is just so catchy. Part of me can still really get into it due to nostalgia and of course how catchy it is, but I try for the most part to forget this music exists.

Example of the kind of stuff I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSvn0rp...p;index=33

That's easily my favorite song I listened to from that period of my life, but it still isn't great. Part of me will always love it for some reason though, and I just have to live with that

Also I see a lot of people mentioning on this thread how you should never be ashamed of what music you like. For the most part I agree with that and I'm not very easily embarrassed by this kind of stuff, but I really can't help it with that type of music. I used to think that the music was so great and happy and I loved listening to it. And I still feel that way sometimes. But now most the time I hear pretentious computer generated pop sound that I find won't appeal to people who have really "gotten into" music.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 05/27/2018 05:56
  • Post subject:
@ PaperVinnie - not so - there have been many a thread dedicated to gaming music from "serious" music peeps.

Serious is in quotes not to poke fun at those people at all by the way... kinda more making fun of the word serious... anyway, my sense of humor usually eludes.

Anyway, there are many who take gaming music/8-bit music, etc. very seriously.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 05/27/2018 06:00
  • Post subject:
PaperVinnie wrote:
There was a stage in my life (3-6 years ago probably) where I was a huge gamer, and around that time I listened to TONS of electro/house music type stuff. I hear it now and feel very conflicted. On one hand, this is music that was made with a computer, that has no substance or point, and means nothing to me or my life. On the other hand... damn some of this stuff is just so catchy. Part of me can still really get into it due to nostalgia and of course how catchy it is, but I try for the most part to forget this music exists.

Example of the kind of stuff I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSvn0rp...p;index=33

That's easily my favorite song I listened to from that period of my life, but it still isn't great. Part of me will always love it for some reason though, and I just have to live with that

Also I see a lot of people mentioning on this thread how you should never be ashamed of what music you like. For the most part I agree with that and I'm not very easily embarrassed by this kind of stuff, but I really can't help it with that type of music. I used to think that the music was so great and happy and I loved listening to it. And I still feel that way sometimes. But now most the time I hear pretentious computer generated pop sound that I find won't appeal to people who have really "gotten into" music.

Yeah, Electro was pretty horrifying. One of the worst electronic Styles ever. And commercial house is pretty horrifying too. But the different underground styles of House are mostly great. I listen to a lot of it, and after a while you learn how to weed out the crapola stuff so you can avoid it. Heh heh.
  • Visit poster's website