Movie PPPoll: Best Acting Performances

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 10/06/2018 14:26
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:

I think it's a magnificent list, only hindered by being about 30 short. Adjani being the top actress is nice. If I'm not mistaken, Possession didn't even make our horror list? To be honest I hadn't seen it back then, but after two viewings it's recently become my favorite horror film of the 80s. The fact that many of us included that performance leads me to believe it'll do quite well here in about a year when I host Horror 2.0.

Might try to squeeze in 5-10 more later today, but if I don't, oh well. The order's pretty rough.

I don't think Possession made our horror list (I'll check in a sec, but I'm 99% sure). We kinda skimped on international horror a bit if I remember. Definitely deserving though. Might bump that list in the forum now that it's that time of year again Smile

I'd be cool with another horror list in a year's time. I think the next one I'll host is the Best of 2018 in like... a long time from now... so, queue's free.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 10/06/2018 23:38
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
badseed wrote:

I think it's a magnificent list, only hindered by being about 30 short. Adjani being the top actress is nice. If I'm not mistaken, Possession didn't even make our horror list? To be honest I hadn't seen it back then, but after two viewings it's recently become my favorite horror film of the 80s. The fact that many of us included that performance leads me to believe it'll do quite well here in about a year when I host Horror 2.0.

Might try to squeeze in 5-10 more later today, but if I don't, oh well. The order's pretty rough.

I don't think Possession made our horror list (I'll check in a sec, but I'm 99% sure). We kinda skimped on international horror a bit if I remember. Definitely deserving though. Might bump that list in the forum now that it's that time of year again Smile

I'd be cool with another horror list in a year's time. I think the next one I'll host is the Best of 2018 in like... a long time from now... so, queue's free.

I'm 100% on Possession because I remember there being only 3 films I hadn't seen on there and it wasn't one of them (I've since watched all 3 - Tetsuo, Cremator, and Dead of Night)

We still gotta bust out regular film noir and hopefully one more before we even consider 2018 so somebody be ready to jump on it or I'll do another.
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2018 04:49
  • Post subject:
I'm ready. Was planning to start the noir poll in a few days.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2018 16:03
  • Post subject:
PurpleHazel wrote:
I'm ready. Was planning to start the noir poll in a few days.

Shouldn't we wait for this one finish first?
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2018 23:02
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
so somebody be ready to jump on it or I'll do another.

StreetSpirit wrote:
Shouldn't we wait for this one finish first?

Okay, you two work it out amongst yourselves. Very Happy

This poll's run for 5 weeks and it doesn't look like anyone else's going to submit, so we're just waiting for it to be tallied.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 10/08/2018 00:41
  • Post subject:
Yeah pretty much just waiting on CGD. This has gone on long enough considering the lack of activity on this post. Maybe the massive music tournament that has absolutely flooded the games section has something to do with some familiar faces not having time to jump in but yeah, if I was the OP I might send a PM to anyone who I thought might want to participate and if they don't reply within 24 hours call it.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/08/2018 00:46
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
Yeah pretty much just waiting on CGD. This has gone on long enough considering the lack of activity on this post. Maybe the massive music tournament that has absolutely flooded the games section has something to do with some familiar faces not having time to jump in but yeah, if I was the OP I might send a PM to anyone who I thought might want to participate and if they don't reply within 24 hours call it.

The OP hasn't returned to this thread since she started it. She might've forgot about it.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 10/08/2018 00:49
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:
The OP hasn't returned to this thread since she started it. She might've forgot about it.

Well I suppose I'll be PMing said OP
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/08/2018 20:08
  • Post subject:
Yeah I haven't had my laptop so I haven't been able to check this as much as I'd like. Obv hoping for more lists but will set the deadline for Oct 15 and hope to get some more entries by then, hope to do some more but promoting.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/10/2018 17:49
  • Post subject:
Hey badseed, I see a hurricane is about to fuck things up in your area. Let us all know you're okay. Hoping for the best for you and your family. Stay safe, dude.
  • Visit poster's website