Best Films of 2018 [Poll][Dead]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/28/2019 03:17
  • Post subject:
Thanks jnfbn, tallied Smile

2 days left! Lists will be posted Saturday.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 03/28/2019 03:37
  • Post subject:
I know it was suggested at multiple times including in this thread, and perhaps it's already been made official, but when you tally this up, how about we officially relocate to the movie section. This isn't really a "game" anyway. Finding these things are a chore when you've got music tournaments that take up entire pages worth of threads. Then the aforementioned chore is intensified when you want to look up an older movie list for reference.

Also, maybe too soon but wondering if anyone has dibs on the next one. Don't forget to make room for me to do horror 2.0 around Halloween. I'm thinking perhaps having the 30th be the deadline so the list is released as a Halloween special. So we have time to do 2, maybe 3 more before then depending on how long they are. Or we can take a break. I feel like we're running low on ideas again, but we still have composers/scores, musicals, etc. It would be cool to do films by country, but I'm not sure everyone is experienced enough to come up with top 100s. Maybe top 25s, four per poll so it makes 100 (for example, the first one we do some easier ones like Japan, Germany, Italy and France). Of course we could also re-do other old polls, but I don't know which ones. Our decades, directors, and animation lists were stellar. The horror one is the only one that I feel was so dreadful to warrant a re-do (enough time has passed that I have no shame in saying it anymore - plenty of turnover has happened since then and those of us that are left have hopefully matured or watched more since then).
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/28/2019 04:28
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
I know it was suggested at multiple times including in this thread, and perhaps it's already been made official, but when you tally this up, how about we officially relocate to the movie section. This isn't really a "game" anyway. Finding these things are a chore when you've got music tournaments that take up entire pages worth of threads. Then the aforementioned chore is intensified when you want to look up an older movie list for reference.

Good point, sure.

If a mod could move this thread over there too, I'd appreciate it.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 03/28/2019 04:30
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

I've edited my list and I'm not making any other changes. And now we've heard from badseed Applause. So I think you could call it a wrap now and nothing would change. Although it's a little weird we never heard from bobbyb5; He kinda disappeared suddenly.

badseed wrote:

Yeah, pretty much.

badseed wrote:
Also, maybe too soon but wondering if anyone has dibs on the next one. Don't forget to make room for me to do horror 2.0 around Halloween. I'm thinking perhaps having the 30th be the deadline so the list is released as a Halloween special. So we have time to do 2, maybe 3 more before then depending on how long they are. Or we can take a break. I feel like we're running low on ideas again, but we still have composers/scores, musicals, etc. It would be cool to do films by country, but I'm not sure everyone is experienced enough to come up with top 100s. Maybe top 25s, four per poll so it makes 100 (for example, the first one we do some easier ones like Japan, Germany, Italy and France). Of course we could also re-do other old polls, but I don't know which ones. Our decades, directors, and animation lists were stellar. The horror one is the only one that I feel was so dreadful to warrant a re-do (enough time has passed that I have no shame in saying it anymore - plenty of turnover has happened since then and those of us that are left have hopefully matured or watched more since then).

I'm not really sure what to do next. We covered all the major genres, and all the decades...except for the current decade, which should be fun. But we have to wait at least a year, probably until late 2020 for that. Until then, I don't really know what to suggest, but I'm game for whatever.
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 03/28/2019 05:02
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

I and my Significant Other were settled in to watch a movie at 8:30 when our wi-fi stopped working. Called my provider, got it and all ancillary issues ironed out by 11, but lost a precious (at this late date) viewing slot. Is it okay if I submit my list Friday night at midnight PDT? Have the rest of my list ranked and ready to go, just holding off till I see another few films.

Last edited by PurpleHazel on 03/28/2019 08:51; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
DrewHamster

United States

• Posted: 03/28/2019 06:41
  • Post subject:
Top 20:

1. Hereditary
2. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
3. Annihilation
4. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
5. Incredibles 2
6. A Quiet Place
7. Avengers: Infinity War
8. Suspiria
9. Isle of Dogs
10. Bumblebee
11. Wildlife
12. Sorry To Bother You
13. Upgrade
14. Deadpool 2
15. Arctic
16. Ant Man And The Wasp
17. Teen Titans Go! To The Movies
18. The Endless
19. The Sisters Brothers
20. Game Night
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 03/28/2019 08:47
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
the aforementioned chore is intensified when you want to look up an older movie list for reference.

By far the worst part.

Quote:
Also, maybe too soon but wondering if anyone has dibs on the next one.

The Games forum (movie corner) should be so lucky.

Quote:
Don't forget to make room for me to do horror 2.0 around Halloween.

Don't think it's going to be a problem. Hope you start at the beginning of September to make it two months. Also makes sense for a redux because it's probably the most popular genre on here.

StreetSpirit wrote:
it's a little weird we never heard from bobbyb5; He kinda disappeared suddenly.

Yeah, he stopped posting in late December. Didn't even stick around to see the film noir poll results. Don't think he participated in these yearly lists, but his contributions to the genre polls and any future 20th century-oriented polls will be greatly missed.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/28/2019 14:11
  • Post subject:
Quote:
So I think you could call it a wrap now and nothing would change.

Nah, I know I have 3 people who said they would submit lists tomorrow.

Quote:
I've edited my list and I'm not making any other changes.

And aight, got it.

Quote:
Is it okay if I submit my list Friday night at midnight PDT?

And sure, I suppose, but it'd make my life easier if it was a liiiiitle earlier Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
pa
as it happens

Italy

• Posted: 03/28/2019 19:42
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Nah, I know I have 3 people who said they would submit lists tomorrow.

yes please mate, wait!
I'm gonna send my list tomorrow (night time, cet)
I have time to watch another movie and I have these on my wishlist:
The Mule
Spider-Man: into...
Climax
Beautiful Boy
Sister Brothers
Ladies In Black
Miseducation of Cameron
Joke Thief
Blackkklansman
Hereditary
Isle of Dogs
Unsane
Tully
American Animals
Black '47

any priority recommendations??
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 03/28/2019 20:37
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Quote:
Is it okay if I submit my list Friday night at midnight PDT?

And sure, I suppose, but it'd make my life easier if it was a liiiiitle earlier Laughing

I'll try to make it earlier. My list'll be ~25 films.
  • Visit poster's website