Anyone into Eloy?

View previous topic :: View next topic
ExTeaSea

United States

• Posted: 03/24/2019 15:45
  • Post subject: Anyone into Eloy?
Few years ago I became a little obsessed with Eloy after looking up similar artists to Pink Floyd.
  • Visit poster's website
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States

• Posted: 03/24/2019 16:51
  • Post subject: Re: Anyone into Eloy?
ExTeaSea wrote:
Few years ago I became a little obsessed with Eloy after looking up similar artists to Pink Floyd.

Yep. Great band. Interesting prog. Ocean is an all time classic and they've got a good number of other excellent albums as well.

Great to hear from someone else who digs 'em.
  • Visit poster's website
ExTeaSea

United States

• Posted: 03/24/2019 18:10
  • Post subject: Re: Anyone into Eloy?
Fischman wrote:
Yep. Great band. Interesting prog. Ocean is an all time classic and they've got a good number of other excellent albums as well.

Great to hear from someone else who digs 'em.

I really like Ocean but honestly not as much as a few of their others. My favorites are Floating, Silent Cries, Dawn, Colours, Inside, Planets, Time To Turn and then probably Ocean haha.
  • Visit poster's website
svk4ever

Germany

• Posted: 03/25/2019 21:22
  • Post subject:
Sure... I'm into ELOY... especially the tracks and albums, where they added heavy guitars. Performance, Metromania... off course Ocean II...

My favorite tracks are "Escape to the hights" and "A Broken Frame".

But to be honest: I'm not very familliar with their latest albums... bought them, just to keep the collection complete.

Yes, they were sometimes called "The German Pink Floyd"... but that was in the seventies and early eighties. For me, ELOY have a rather unique sound, but if you're into PINK FLOYD you might like them as well...

They were on a rather long hiatus... and so a lot of people in Germany lost interest in them. There's a rather strong progressive rock underground scene in Germany. Therefore today bands like SUBSIGNAL, EVERON or R.P.W.L. are more in the focus of the progressive rockers than ELOY.
  • Visit poster's website
ExTeaSea

United States

• Posted: 03/28/2019 01:15
  • Post subject:
svk4ever wrote:
Sure... I'm into ELOY... especially the tracks and albums, where they added heavy guitars. Performance, Metromania... off course Ocean II...

My favorite tracks are "Escape to the hights" and "A Broken Frame".

But to be honest: I'm not very familliar with their latest albums... bought them, just to keep the collection complete.

Yes, they were sometimes called "The German Pink Floyd"... but that was in the seventies and early eighties. For me, ELOY have a rather unique sound, but if you're into PINK FLOYD you might like them as well...

They were on a rather long hiatus... and so a lot of people in Germany lost interest in them. There's a rather strong progressive rock underground scene in Germany. Therefore today bands like SUBSIGNAL, EVERON or R.P.W.L. are more in the focus of the progressive rockers than ELOY.

I should check out those other bands, thanks! Eloy probably aren't totally original but who is? I really like them for who they are. Own most of their albums.
  • Visit poster's website